Do you think Saints will call about Trubisky?

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

They are in a good spot for the playoffs and Seimian is not not answer for them...

Mitch is likely best back up out there.  

If I were them I'd make the call. 

No and it’s because we play them and if that happened and we lost to them, it would be a fireable offense that prob only Beane could survive.  But Mitch needs this year mentally to get out from pressure and get his career back on track. Trust me , Mitch does not want to be anywhere else this year.   Saints will be fine ; more likely Bree’s would return than Mitch get dealt there by Brandon.  

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

They are in a good spot for the playoffs and Seimian is not not answer for them...

Mitch is likely best back up out there.  

If I were them I'd make the call. 

Why?  Trevor won yesterday and Taysom Hill is in concussion protocol and will be back soon

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not dealing him if i'm Buffalo. Mitch could keep us competitive if something were to happen to Josh. Jake Fromm or Davis Webb... not so much. And there's no one out there on the market that could offer what he could either. I doubt they'd even call anyways. Taysom Hill will be ready to go by the next game and they (foolishly) think he's a star QB in the making. 

• Like (+1) 2

1. If I'm Buffalo it would take a HEFTY haul to part with him this year. He's worth more to Buffalo as insurance then he would be for the Saints to pay the price.

2. If I'm the Saints I ride with Hill (who wasn't awful in spot starts last year) or if I feel I need to make a move...I call the Broncos to ask about Bridgewater who is familiar with the coaches, system and players...and likely would be had cheaper than Mitch.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

Well, actually, this isn't as wild an idea as everyone seems to think.

What if the deal were Trubisky for Siemian and a starting guard?   Siemian and a second round pick?   

The odds are you probably won't need your backup to start, because most starting QBs don't go down.  Although Trubisky is clearly a better backup for Allen than Siemian, Siemian has a lot of starting experience and showed some good presence.  Plus, their both free agents at the end of the year.  Trubisky almost definitely is gone, but Siemian has real potential as longer-term backup.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.