Von Miller to the Rams

gonzo1105

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They get slightly conservative when it comes to big boy moves…. 

If it is the Bills Josh will have to carry the offense again because this offensive line will be demolished against that front. 

I like Beane, I think he has done a relatively good job. But I’m a firm believer that to in order to take the next step and win the super bowl, you need to make a trade or a big FA acquisition to put you over the top. We are ready for that big boy move. Kelly had Thurman, and I think Allen needs his Thurman and a Guard. We have enough talent on defense to win with how good our offense plays. It’s time to go get Scherff and Barkley. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why can’t we make big boy moves like this? I really hope Beane does something, because he needs to make a move. His build through the draft has been good, but he’s missed on a few picks as well. The Rams have built a very good team. I hope we make a splash before the deadline. 

Watching everyone get stronger...trying to go for it whilst we have a thumb firmly up our ass.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

Watching everyone get stronger...trying to go for it whilst we have a thumb firmly up our ass.

I hate it. Our franchise hasn’t done crap in it’s entire existence. We are ready right now, and I hope we pull the trigger. If we don’t do anything, I’m not entirely sure we have enough to beat teams like TB or the Rams. Their D lines will abuse us. Players like Scherff and Barkley would help counter those defenses. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You could consider Diggs that move… but they need more offensively. Specifically upfront. It’s just not good enough. 

So my answer is to go get Scherff and Barkley. Getting those two would get us a super bowl. I’m 100% confident about that. We can worry about the money problems later, just get us the super bowl monkey off our backs. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So my answer is to go get Scherff and Barkley. Getting those two would get us a super bowl. I’m 100% confident about that. We can worry about the money problems later, just get us the super bowl monkey off our backs. 

I'm 100% confident you have no idea what your'e talking about if you think we can absorb those 2 salaries. Not even considering how lame Barkley looks after that ACL tear.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, QCity said:

I'm 100% confident you have no idea what your'e talking about if you think we can absorb those 2 salaries. Not even considering how lame Barkley looks after that ACL tear.

Then blame Beane, he hasn’t built a good enough roster to win a super bowl. He needs to trim the fat then in order to make these moves. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You can't be serious with this statement, can you?

47 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Barkley isn't healthy even when he was playing he wasn't the same RB. He might be back next season. Scherff is good but guys like him don't get moved unless Washington thinks they can't bring him back.

6 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Miller is still good, but he is clearly not the force that he once was. Yes, it's a cheap price to pay but any cost is questionable based on what I've seen from him in recent years. Around here we would be complaining that it's an expensive rental for an aging veteran on the downside of his career.

If there were a Super Bowl for complaining, Bills fans would be perennial contenders 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If there were a Super Bowl for complaining, Bills fans would be perennial contenders 

Because our franchise has never won a super bowl. We are tired of waiting. Just win. I don’t care how we win, just win. If that means making trades, so be it. No more excuses. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Process said:

The Bills should absolutely be looking to make a big time move like this. 

It may be a while before we have an easier road to the SB. The AFC is weak. This is the year.

a buddy of mine who is a Broncos fan said he had heard the Bills were trying to land Von Miller. Rams outbid them. This is news to me. 

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

a buddy of mine who is a Broncos fan said he had heard the Bills were trying to land Von Miller. Rams outbid them. This is news to me. 

I hope this is true, not that I think Von Miller would have been a great get (would like to have him but not at the draft capital the Rams paid) but I hope it is a sign the Bills are acting aggressively at the deadline to add a piece or two to the team. The AFC is theirs for the taking and if I am McBeane I am desperately trying to land an impact guard as the final piece to get this team over the top.

I love how people keep talking about how the Bills won’t win a Super Bowl as constructed and need to make a big move. Yes they need help at Guard, CB, and maybe RB but the Bills are the best team in the AFC with maybe the exception of the Ravens/Titans. 

This is after they got mauled by the Chiefs last year and everyone this off-season complained about how the Chiefs got so much better adding Thuney, Orlando Brown, and Jarran Reed. Yet theBills are 5-2 on their way to 7-2 and the Chiefs are 4-4. 

How many Super Bowls have the Rams won? The Eagles dream team won nothing, the Redskins signed tons of big name FAs and got zero. Sometimes continuity and chemistry are more important. I hope they do add a big physical guard but if they don’t I get it 

I just don’t understand the mindset that the Bills should stand pat. They’re not good enough to win a Super Bowl as is. What’s the best win? Over a Chiefs team that clearly isn’t it’s former self? Just my opinion. But they should have traded up in the draft to get Najee Harris and now should be exploring all possibilities to land an effective O lineman. 2 of them if possible. 

Edited by Floydboy12
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I just don’t understand the mindset that the Bills should stand pat. They’re not good enough to win a Super Bowl as is. What’s the best win? Over a Chiefs team that clearly isn’t it’s former self? Just my opinion. But they should have traded up in the draft to get Najee Harris and now should be exploring all possibilities to land an effective O lineman. 2 of them if possible. 

This team doesn’t need a running back, Moss is a capable power back and Singletary a nice backup. The team needs Oline help particularly at guard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.