Beasley a Important Cog in the Bills Wheel to Success !

T master

Last season Beasley had his best season & has developed a great chemistry with Josh and was very dependable when needing to convert a 3rd down but this year he's not being targeted as much what ever that reason might be but once again this past week end we saw just how important and productive Beasley can be when targeted .

Given all the talent the Bills have in the WR room one would think they would be unstoppable which most Bills fans feel they should be but no matter how good one receiver may be if there isn't chemistry between the QB & his weapons it could be not as productive for either one .

Look at Julio with Matty Ice he was Matt's go to when he needed to make a play but in Tenn. although being a presence on the field for sure & a player you need to worry about when game planning he's not nearly as productive as he was given he chemistry that he had with his QB in ATL .

I think Beasley should have a bigger role in the offense not only because he proved to be one of "The Guys" last year but i think he still is the year when targeted as much as he was a yr ago . 

There is a article that says he has been hot and cold this year but i think that is more to do about how many targets and in game reps he gets rather than anything else because when he's in the game the guy is money and i think as i said earlier he needs to be a bigger part of the game plan & i think not only the 3rd down conversions will go up but so will the TD's .

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/1/22757002/cole-beasley-is-feast-or-famine-for-buffalo-bills-offense-fantasy-football

Forget the fantasy part just get him more involved in the game with a bigger snap count and the Bills along with the fantasy people will all be happier .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Cole was the shot in the arm this team really needed. 

He cured the true illness with the offense yesterday.  

It was scientific how he outmaneuvered all the flawed schemes surrounding him.

I heard many women in the stands asking what was going on and how we were suddenly winning and who was the golden haired hero?... their husbands all had the same answer... "A man".

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Cole is damned excellent  at what he does on a football field, this can not be argued by anyone with a brain in their head, off the field…, 😂 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Beasely has 192 receptions in 37 regular season games for this team.  A gawdy 5.2 grabs a game average over two and half seasons.

2019 -  67

2020 - 82

2021 - 43 

Tied for 15th in receptions this year in a weirdly determined "down" year for him by some.  

I am not bringing up the other stuff about him, at all.  

And in sticking to the football side of things I will say that I was confounded by the simple "get rid of him, he's replaceable" mentality by some.  In defending the player I believe I used the Ray Sheppard / Donald Audette "run them out of town" Sabres examples. 

It is perfectly fine as a fan to want someone off the team for a particular reason that is important to you. 

However, for the love of all get out, at least be reasonable and have open eyes in your evaluation of that player and to what level of player you are ridding yourself.

Go Bills.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

defenses simply can't cover all our receiving talent.  If the OL gives Josh enough time, he'll find the open guy every time.  Oh, and we were missing our 3rd best target (Knox), so our 3-4th best (Beasly) stepped up.  

We also have Gabe Davis.  

And just a few years ago, Davis would likely have been our best WR.  

2 hours ago, T master said:

Last season Beasley had his best season & has developed a great chemistry with Josh and was very dependable when needing to convert a 3rd down but this year he's not being targeted as much what ever that reason might be but once again this past week end we saw just how important and productive Beasley can be when targeted .

Given all the talent the Bills have in the WR room one would think they would be unstoppable which most Bills fans feel they should be but no matter how good one receiver may be if there isn't chemistry between the QB & his weapons it could be not as productive for either one .

Look at Julio with Matty Ice he was Matt's go to when he needed to make a play but in Tenn. although being a presence on the field for sure & a player you need to worry about when game planning he's not nearly as productive as he was given he chemistry that he had with his QB in ATL .

I think Beasley should have a bigger role in the offense not only because he proved to be one of "The Guys" last year but i think he still is the year when targeted as much as he was a yr ago . 

There is a article that says he has been hot and cold this year but i think that is more to do about how many targets and in game reps he gets rather than anything else because when he's in the game the guy is money and i think as i said earlier he needs to be a bigger part of the game plan & i think not only the 3rd down conversions will go up but so will the TD's .

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/1/22757002/cole-beasley-is-feast-or-famine-for-buffalo-bills-offense-fantasy-football

Forget the fantasy part just get him more involved in the game with a bigger snap count and the Bills along with the fantasy people will all be happier .

There were some morons on this Bills fan website called Buffalo Fanatics (I believe) that questioned whether the Bills should trade Cole Beasley at the deadline.  That would be among the dumbest things they could this season.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

Cole is important and he was before yesterday's performance

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agree, but he was on pace for more than 90 receptions this year before having to "step up" because Knox was out.

Understand however it is because of Knox emergence that has allowed Beasley to go invisible with production and the offense didn’t skip a beat. Obviously with both in field it is better. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Understand however it is because of Knox emergence that has allowed Beasley to go invisible with production and the offense didn’t skip a beat. Obviously with both in field it is better. 

tangentially related...Man MAJ, Diggs, Beasely, Knox, Sanders, Davis and throw in at times iMcK, Moss out of the backfield, also Sweeney and doses of Kumerow...

...in short, we should be throwing for 400 yards a game, every game, regardless of what the other team ALLOWS US to do.

Impose

Your

Will

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.