Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For someone his size, I would guess he's one of those 2 surgery ones.  Julio Jones, Kevin Durant, Edleman and someone else I believe had to have 2 surgeries.

More to do with the specifics on location of the fracture and on how that person's body recovers/how well they follow their rehab plan.  Watkins, for example, later acknowledged his problems healing stemmed from him not following the rehab program laid out for him (taking his walking boot off etc).

Henry will follow his rehab plan and he must heal well to take the workload he does week after week.   So then it depends on the specifics of the location.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Not me. I’d rather beat their best if we wind up having to go through Tennessee. If they are better so be it. How good could an opponent feel beating the Bills if Allen had to sit out?

They would feel real damn good, knowing full well that no one cares how you beat your opponents to win the super bowl when it’s all said and done.  

Go Bills!!!

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tennessee will still win that division because, well, who else is there? I think their shot at the #1 seed is pretty much gone though and they are far less of a threat in the post-season without Henry.

Yeah, I mean, how will the Titans replace those 28 carries for 68 yards that Henry had yesterday against Indy?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Tennessee will still win that division because, well, who else is there? I think their shot at the #1 seed is pretty much gone though and they are far less of a threat in the post-season without Henry.

I agree they probably win that division, but that's not saying much, and the Colts aren't as bad as their record shows, and wouldn't be surprised if they made a run.  But to the folks who think losing Henry isn't as impactful as losing a franchise QB, I think you're going to remember just how average a Tannehill led offense is without him.  We've seen it, he was essentially considered mediocre until he got paired with DH.   Usually a RB complements a franchise QB's skillset, but it's the opposite in Tennessee.   

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I agree they probably win that division, but that's not saying much, and the Colts aren't as bad as their record shows, and wouldn't be surprised if they made a run.  But to the folks who think losing Henry isn't as impactful as losing a franchise QB, I think you're going to remember just how average a Tannehill led offense is without him.  We've seen it, he was essentially considered mediocre until he got paired with DH.   Usually a RB complements a franchise QB's skillset, but it's the opposite in Tennessee.   

The Colts are just good enough to lose close games. They are 3 games behind the Titans at the halfway point and they have been swept by then. They would have to make up 4 games the rest of the way. I just don't see that. 

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Without Henry, the Titians are in big trouble.  You can't just replace 80% of your offense.

You mean like yesterday, when they beat the Colts on the road, and Henry amassed 68 yards on 28 carries?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The road to the 1 seed is going to come down to the Bills and Ravens/Bengals. Can’t see the Titans maintaining without Henry. 

The West is gonna cannibalize itself and we’re seeing the Chargers aren’t as good as believed 

The Bengals? Nah. They are a year away from that kinda thing IMO. Honestly the bills should be the #1 seed. The only thing stopping everyone from accepting that is the fear of failing to meet expectations. The Bills are the best team in the AFC. Tennessee are one of the worst matchups for the Bills because of Henry and if he is out I'd take Buffalo 9/10 against them. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The Colts are just good enough to lose close games. They are 3 games behind the Titans at the halfway point and they have been swept by then. They would have to make up 4 games the rest of the way. I just don't see that. 

Unlikely, yes, but not out of the realm of possibility.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.