Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

How is a broken bone wear and tear? It's more of a probability of injury issue.

The thing about metatarsal fractures is that they frequently start out as stress fractures that worsen over time.  That, my friend, is the definition of "wear and tear."  Vrabel is absolutely being defensive.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Titans add Adrian Peterson to the practice Squad .. amazing add 6 years ago .. now .. not so much.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/11/titans-to-sign-adrian-peterson

Signing him to the PS is a smart move.  He may not even be in football shape.  I doubt he will be ready for the Rams game Sunday if at all.

AP is pushing 37 years old.  Last year by the end of the season he was not even starting for the Lions.

His largest impact could be pass blocking and some screens for the Titans.

This is Karma for-that POS VrAble and his insulting attempt at recreating the music city throw up crap!  Have no sympathy for the team, hey , it’s a contact sport and this is a non life threatening inconvenience for Henry. No one would be crying if Josh was out a far as other fan bases, eg the classless Bills statements on the fins message boards.   Honestly , running the guy to death is a set up for stress fractures etc so it’s not surprising some injury might happen just from his volume of work. So let’s see how Vrable coaches now and let’s see how frequently Tammy hill does his little Jordan ballerina move..  An NFL season has to include team depth, so let’s see how good the TitAns are really prepared. They have tied the Boys as my most Hated rivals.  

When they did the miracle, I was still a season tic holder for Jax in 99 and was one play away from watching my fav Bills come down here and I know they would have beaten that Jax team ( just like the tacks did and their fans were obnoxious, shich says something  as jags stands tend to be filled with southern red necks who started drinking Monday nights to get ready for Sunday games! 😀. ).  Sounds harsh but I supported the Jax franchise starting two years before the first game , and 99 was my final year as I just hated the interference it played watching my Bills and I bet I gave away or wasted 25% of my club seat tics anyhow For a multitude of reasons.  Was paying 250$ a seat for two club seats on the 35 yard line , 8 rows from the visitors bench and field because I wanted to support Jax and knew the guys who originally started the bid before the team was awarded to Wayne Weaver.   It was just ridiculous to be surrounded by drunks who had little football knowledge and literally screamed obscenities at the visiting bench for the entirety of games!  I digress!  But the Titan fans who came down right after that MSM to be here were just as bad ,and I have to admit that any thing that makes them suffer ( esp after another last second loss), just keeps tipping that lady justice scale back toward our Bills after years of agony!  Lol!  Hey , after following the Bills since 63, anything that might help them get back to the SB and win one before I die is a good thing 😂🍸

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

So back in 7-8 weeks?

@ Rams - Loss

Saints - Win

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Win/Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers

49ers

So Titans looking at 10-3 when he gets back.

Not ideal for them but he should be ready for January.

"Back" doesn't mean "back to full strength" IMO

No King Henry will impact those money play action plays to AJ Brown.

Titans losing him is as impactful as us losing Josh Allen.

@ Rams - Loss

Saints - Loss

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers - Loss

49ers - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Texans - Win

11-7 - still a playoff team though

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

So back in 7-8 weeks?

@ Rams - Loss

Saints - Win

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Win/Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers

49ers

So Titans looking at 10-3 when he gets back.

Not ideal for them but he should be ready for January.

At a minimum they will lose to the Rams and Patriots, even with Henry back for the Steelers that's shaping up to be a tough game given possible playoff ramifications late in the season.

Tannenhill has been good during his time with the Titans because he hasn't been the focal point of the offense. Now that teams know there is no real rushing threat the focus will be on Tannenhill and expect similar results to his time with the Dolphins in that he'll certainly have his moments but probably crumble and turn the ball over a lot more since teams can focus almost exclusively on stopping the pass.

3 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Peterson will come out of the gates with his hair on fire I'm sure, but no defensive coordinator will be truly scared of what he can do compared to Henry obviously.  I'm sure he can still be a bit of a bruiser, but I don't think he's the key piece for a Tenn. playoff run.

I was very much on the ‘the titans rushing success is a team thing more than just a Derrick Henry thing’ until their game against us of course lol he just always seems to fall forwards for a few yards no matter how bad the run blocking gets blown up and that’s the part of his game that doesn’t get as much attention. I’m thinking now that any other rb will be a monstrous downgrade for them.  that first down run the defense is sitting on losing a yard instead of going  for 2-3 yards is such a backbreaker for what they like to do on offense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

"Back" doesn't mean "back to full strength" IMO

No King Henry will impact those money play action plays to AJ Brown.

Titans losing him is as impactful as us losing Josh Allen.

@ Rams - Loss

Saints - Loss

Texans - Win

@Patriots - Loss

BYE

Jaguars - Win

Window to return

@Steelers - Loss

49ers - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Texans - Win

11-7 - still a playoff team though

I can guarantee you they won't finish 11-7.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Has Vrabel been drinking?

It’s the Tua school of sentence construction, everyone’s doing it,

56 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. 🙄 

You’re so very welcome 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.