Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wow I hate to see star players get hurts. It diminishes the game.

It will be really interesting to see if they can pivot to a pass first offense with AJ Brown and Julio Jones

Tannehill is only good bc of the playaction..henry makes Tannehill...now Tannehill has to play josh allen ball amd he is far from josh allen

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Does it? Bills have likely dogfights vs. IND, @NO, vs. NE, @TB, @NE.

New orleans just lost Winston for the season....patriots with a rookie mac jones will not beat out defense....indy has wentz enough said..........TB is the hardest game left

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Titans are done if this is true. Near equivalent to us losing Allen as their entire O runs through Henry. No need to stack the box, double Jones and Tannehill will do Tannehill things. 

I love Allen, but it's far worse than losing Allen. Henry is that entire team. He keeps the defense off the field, he pulls up the coverage, ge makes EVERYTHING work. Hell, I'm pretty sure their kickers will start sucking with him out. 

• Disagree 4

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

yes you are correct Eball - I dealt with this injury alot earlier in my career as an orthopedic surgical sales rep .....

https://www.orthobullets.com/foot-and-ankle/7031/5th-metatarsal-base-fracture

Thx for this. Very interesting.

Some here seem to believe this type of break is dynamic.

However, this presentation--when you put it in plain English--indicates a certain percent are indeed overuse injuries (my word, not in the document).

Request to @BuffaninSarasota: this is a great resource. With any high profile injuries in future, please post similar presentation. Thanks again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Not me. I’d rather beat their best if we wind up having to go through Tennessee. If they are better so be it. How good could an opponent feel beating the Bills if Allen had to sit out?

They wouldn't care, do you think the Eagles cares when Malcolm Butler was benched for the Super Bowl? Did they elect to run the ball instead?

15 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Then you don't really understand their offensive strategy. It starts and ends with Henry, not Tannehill. Everything they do on O is predicated with the threat of Henry (not just any RB) and it dictates defensive strategies and groupings that they can game plan to exploit. That's completely gone now and they can try and replicate it with another RB but it won't be half as effective because Henry demands that much attention. Time will tell. 

I understand that that's their strategy; my point is that it's not the only strategy that can work.  They will obviously have to do things a bit differently now, but IMO, they can still be a very good team without DH and people that are counting them out now are wrong.  The nice thing about this debate is that we'll most likely have a verifiable answer in a month or two.  

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I love Allen, but it's far worse than losing Allen. Henry is that entire team. He keeps the defense off the field, he pulls up the coverage, ge makes EVERYTHING work. Hell, I'm pretty sure their kickers will start sucking with him out. 

I mean, this is just straight up laughable.  An absolutely absurd take.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I understand that that's their strategy; my point is that it's not the only strategy that can work.  They will obviously have to do things a bit differently now, but IMO, they can still be a very good team without DH and people that are counting them out now are wrong.  The nice thing about this debate is that we'll most likely have a verifiable answer in a month or two.  

I hear what you are saying. I just have no faith in Tannehill. He's going to have to shoulder the load and it will be interesting to see if he can. I think he's going to crumble. The only positive for him is their weak schedule. 

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Not me. I’d rather beat their best if we wind up having to go through Tennessee. If they are better so be it. How good could an opponent feel beating the Bills if Allen had to sit out?

Bills WRs were very banged up vs KC last year… I didn’t see any sympathy coverage 

• Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

They wouldn't care, do you think the Eagles cares when Malcolm Butler was benched for the Super Bowl? Did they elect to run the ball instead?

I perhaps chose my words poorly. Of course they would not care and neither should we. What I do intend however is that given a choice I’d rather see him in the lineup than not. Why? Because to be the best you need to beat the best imo. Its a purely selfish instinct. Nothing generous about that sentiment. I want to play him to beat him. If/when we play them sans Henry and beat then I’ll feel pretty good. If we beat them with Henry I’ll feel even better and if I need to take on more risk to get there (which would surely be the case) l’m game for that. I mean, should we feel even that much better if Julio, Brown and Tanny all go down? Why not go play a JV team.

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I perhaps chose my words poorly. Of course they would not care and neither should we. What I do intend however is that given a choice I’d rather see him in the lineup than not. Why? Because to be the best you need to beat the best imo. Its a purely selfish instinct. Nothing generous about that sentiment. I want to play him to beat him. If/when we play them sans Henry and beat then I’ll feel pretty good. If we beat them with Henry I’ll feel even better and if I need to take on more risk to get there (which would surely be the case) l’m game for that. I mean, should we feel even that much better if Julio, Brown and Tanny all go down? Why not go play a JV team.

After watching the Patriots roll over horrible teams for years, I've learned to appreciate a win is a win regardless of what's put in front of you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, this is just straight up laughable.  An absolutely absurd take.

We will indeed have a verifiable answer soon. So feel free to scoff all you want. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.