Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tennessee will still win that division because, well, who else is there? I think their shot at the #1 seed is pretty much gone though and they are far less of a threat in the post-season without Henry.

I think you need to look at their schedule.

@LAR

vsNO

vsHOU

@NE

vsJAX

@PIT

vsSF

vsMIA

@HOU

Seems very easy to me. 

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I think you need to look at their schedule.

My Assessment with No Henry

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

@LAR - Loss

vsNO - Win (mainly because Simien)

vsHOU - Win

@NE - Loss

vsJAX - Win

@PIT - Loss

vsSF - Loss

vsMIA - Win

@HOU - Win

Seems very easy to me. 

Yep I see 4 more losses, and a possible 5th in NO.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Well now.  That sure takes the shine off of the Titans win yesterday.  The AFC is so hard to predict right now.  Colossal loss for Titans.  Can anyone even name the RB2 there without looking it up?

Darrnyton Evans (recent third round draft pick) is their preferred back up to Henry, but he's already on IR so Jeremy McNichols has been their #2 guy. He's a shifty, change of pace back who's a good weapon in the passing game, but he's not an every down guy. They almost certainly have to trade for someone. 

Breida for their first rounder??? 😄

23 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Obviously I'm torn about this. The guy is a force. A great great player. The League is worse for having a superstar out. But its better for the Bills if he's out at least for a little while. I don't want Henry to lose the season. Just a few weeks, enough to pin a few more Ls on the Titans. The playoff seeding is going to be huge and right now Tennessee is ahead of us. I want that week off and home field.

While Henry beats the stuffing out of defenders and exhausts defenses, think about the pounding he and most running backs take. 

Who gives a flying F about this?? Seen it a couple of times now.

Are you an official protector of the shield? 

Just go all in and embrace it maybe mildly helping our teams path to a championship. The millionaire with a serious foot injury will be alright. The NFL will survive this.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

This really sucks. Henry is a true bruiser of a running back - big, strong, crazy fast. 

If this injury does take him out for the rest of the season, it becomes one more case study on why the NFL is devaluing the running game. One person (other than QB) going out should not derail an entire team. 

when Ive heard him interviewed I was also very impressed with how well spoken and down to earth he seemed as a person away from football. It sucks to see one of the best go down to injury in any case. He'll be back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

As great as he is, Henry is still just a running back and this is 2021.  This is not nearly as big a setback for the Titans as it would be for a team losing its franchise QB. I don’t believe the Titans will suffer nearly as much as some predict.

Then you don't really understand their offensive strategy. It starts and ends with Henry, not Tannehill. Everything they do on O is predicated with the threat of Henry (not just any RB) and it dictates defensive strategies and groupings that they can game plan to exploit. That's completely gone now and they can try and replicate it with another RB but it won't be half as effective because Henry demands that much attention. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 2

I hate it for Henry and the game. These guys work too hard, and, opposing player or not, it sucks to see anyone cut down by injury. 

With that said, you’re up Mr. Tannehill. I’m of the unpopular opinion that he’s still largely the same guy we saw in Miami. He has improved some with better coaching (Gase is terrible), but I’ve never been all that impressed by him. I’m interested to see how he is without being able to hide behind Henry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.