Derrick Henry potential season ending injury

Process

1 minute ago, eball said:

5th metatarsal is, I believe, the dreaded "Jones fracture" injury.  Terrible for an athlete.  Feel bad for Henry.  Oilers fans?  Not so much.

yes you are correct Eball - I dealt with this injury alot earlier in my career as an orthopedic surgical sales rep .....

https://www.orthobullets.com/foot-and-ankle/7031/5th-metatarsal-base-fracture

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

5th metatarsal is, I believe, the dreaded "Jones fracture" injury.  Terrible for an athlete.  Feel bad for Henry.  Oilers fans?  Not so much.

Big toe?  Pinky toe?

EDIT: just read the link above.  Thanks

Edited by RiotAct

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Feet can be overused like any other part of the body.  Even if that weren't the case, the more you use something the more chances you have for an accident, so it still actually is.

No it's really not.  I'm sorry to disagree with you.  I'm a physician and what you are saying is just not correct.  

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Karma for Vrable 

219 Carries already and not even 50% in to season. 

well Tenn you wanted to run Henry into the ground you got it. 

Exactly right.
Henry was never going to be the version the Bills got in week 6 IF they played the Titans again in the playoffs.

I don’t want Henry hurt, but nobody can carry the ball as much as he has without becoming worn down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Major blow because he is not someone you replace with a plug and play player. No team is going to stack the box for whoever replaces Henry. And Tannehill is not going to thrive without the threat of Henry keeping defenses honest.

Jonathan Taylor keeps the defense honest.  Ezekiel Elliott keeps the defense honest.  Nick Chubb keeps the defense honest.  

Derrick Henry makes a defense straight up cheat.  You can't replace that.

• Agree 5

12 minutes ago, zevo said:

it will be interesting to see how their adapts...I don't think its going to be as terrible as it may seem...if tannehil gets going, he has great weapons in the passing game. ill take the wait and see approach before burying them 

Brown and Jones are great but the Titans O-line is not good in pass pro. Without Henry that O is a Buick without a motor imo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Feet can be overused like any other part of the body.  Even if that weren't the case, the more you use something the more chances you have for an accident, so it still actually is.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No it's really not.  I'm sorry to disagree with you.  I'm a physician and what you are saying is just not correct.  

Absolutely foot injuries can be due to overuse, just ask anyone who is a runner. 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, zevo said:

it will be interesting to see how their adapts...I don't think its going to be as terrible as it may seem...if tannehil gets going, he has great weapons in the passing game. ill take the wait and see approach before burying them 

Tannehill was already going.  He was playing the best ball of his career.  I think hes going to look a lot more like Miami Tanny when he isn't getting to throw little slants over 8 and 9 man boxes.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

For him it is horrible and I wish him the best. As a Bills fan this helps the possibility of homefield throughout the playoffs. 

I think its between Bills, Ravens, Bengals now. Thank you Jets for yesterday. Feel sick thanking the Jets but they deserve it.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just thinking about how likely it seems that Henry will be less of a factor come playoff time, either from acute injury or just from being worn down to the nub. I guess it's happening sooner than I thought. Sucks for him and the Titans, but I still think Tannehill is a gamer and the Titans are a solid team even without Henry. Just not as good as the Bills. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.