Pats are 4-4 with a rookie QB and almost top 10 defense

Ethan in Cleveland

I think the Patriots are a definite threat in the division. They have a better O line and just as good if not better d line. I like their pass rush a whole lot more with Judon than I like ours. Their secondary and linebackers are also good and they run the ball well. They caught a huge break (no pun intended) when Henry broke his foot as that is one of their toughest games coming up. Allen is certainly a more dynamic player than Jones but in a grind it out, ball control style, Jones fits what they do. They played a very solid mistake free game on the road to beat the Chargers. Looked like a vintage Belichick team. The 2 games with them will likely be huge.

People question who the Patriots have beaten but the Bills can't really brag about their 2 wins over last place Miami, and win over last place WFT, last place Texans and declining KC. Not a lot to brag about there.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Bills fans obsess over NE. No I don't care at this time and truthfully evaluating anything right now is a mute point. Good for NE they are 4-4, they could also be 5-8 in four weeks and none of this matters or 8-4 idk idc, we are at week 9 the NFL landscape is vastly different every year come seasons end.

No obsession with NE with Brady gone.  Just commenting on the NFL landscape

14 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Agreed, when 50% of your wins are against the Jets it is hard to take the 4 wins as a sign of anything. 

Just to play devil's advocate...

The Bills have zero wins against a team with a winning record.

The Jets have only two wins, but both against AFC division leaders, and teams that can or did beat the Bills (Cincy and Tennessee.)

I don't hold any wins inside the division lightly. Pats beating the Jets counts just as much as our two wins against the Dolphins. Arguably more so, since I'd say the Jets might be better than the Dolphins right now. Recently in the division, the Jets and Patriots have matched up much more closely to the Bills than the Dolphins have, and we have yet to play either of them.

Any given Sunday for a reason. The Bills on paper should sweep again. Let's see.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, golfball323 said:

Whoever thought the Pats were going to lay down and die because 5 of their starts opted out last year and returned this year wasn't paying attention. 

If we don't start playing full 60 minute games, our matchuhps with the Pats will be tough contests. 

If we don’t start playing full sixty minute games ALL of our games will be tough contests…, the pats themselves are not really the determining factor. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I take them seriously 

I’ve said time and again on any given Sunday 

But I’m 95.8% cured of my BBFS 

That's more than me.   

I'm perfectly aware of his Brady-less win record.  Still, I respect his coaching ability.  And I've endured too many sorrowful Sundays thanks - in part - to that  man to take him lightly.    

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Win over the Chargers on the road was impressive. They look like a WC team at this point. I didn't think much of Jones at the time of the draft but he is completing 68% of his passes. And he has over 7 yards per attempt so even if most of the passes are short they are moving the ball.

Defense is just outside of top 10. 

Should be good games this year to see how McD challenges the rookie and what our offense can do against their defense.

they did a really good job building that team around him.  2 top TE's (a rookie QBs best friend), good OL, defense, and capable backs.  

I won’t discredit the Pats beating the chargers BUUUUT the chargers are still the chargers. They are never as good as everyone wants them to be and when it comes down to the final minutes the chargers are usually the team that is anti-clutch when the game is on the line

• Like (+1) 1

The could potentiall win their next 4 games and come into the Bills game at 8-4.  They SHOULD win 2 or maybe 3 of them and come in 6-6 or 7-5.  I'm still not concerned about them. To me they are just another 'in the hunt' team. If they Beat Buffalo and come out of that matchup leading the division, that is when I'll be concerned.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets see

Wins against Jets, Houston, Jets, Chargers.

I dont see anything majorly impressive in those wins (maybe Chargers) 

Chargers yesterday = Herbert was not great with accuracy 18-35, QBR 16.0 , 2 INTs, five drives end in punts, Ekeler was playing hurt. Defense 1 sack. 

Lots of tough talk regarding the Patriots here. Who have the Bills beaten? Nobody. The Chiefs are currently rated the 14th best team in the league. The Bills schedule is a cavalcade of the leagues worst bottom dwellers. They need to spank someone good. If the Bills lose to the 3-5 Colts at home, it would indicate the Bills as frauds. The Patriots have a solid offensive line, a large and stout defensive line, and punishing running backs. All bad ingredients for the Bills. I hate the Pats, and Belichick. But I believe the Bills almost comically favorable schedule makes them susceptible to teams that play physical football. The Bills would be doing well to beat the Pats once. The Bill's aren't a top 10 team until they beat someone.                  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Win over the Chargers on the road was impressive. They look like a WC team at this point. I didn't think much of Jones at the time of the draft but he is completing 68% of his passes. And he has over 7 yards per attempt so even if most of the passes are short they are moving the ball.

Defense is just outside of top 10. 

Should be good games this year to see how McD challenges the rookie and what our offense can do against their defense.

If the Bills play the way they did during the first half of the game vs Miami - they are in trouble.  

At their best, I think the Bills offense will be hard to handle.  Of course, all pending on the O-line.  I still think the NE corners have a tough time with the Bills WR’s

The game plan for NE is going to be simple.  They are going to try to pound the ball, dink and dunk, and then use play action for a few shots downfield.  

How well the Bills can stop the run will be huge.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.