Pats are 4-4 with a rookie QB and almost top 10 defense

Ethan in Cleveland

Win over the Chargers on the road was impressive. They look like a WC team at this point. I didn't think much of Jones at the time of the draft but he is completing 68% of his passes. And he has over 7 yards per attempt so even if most of the passes are short they are moving the ball.

Defense is just outside of top 10. 

Should be good games this year to see how McD challenges the rookie and what our offense can do against their defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

Pats will play us tough like the Fins did yesterday...good teams find a way, a different way to win every week. 

Division games are rivalries and the coaches-players know each well from all that film work x 2 games per season...

cant muff punts and our O-line needs to play better...rinse lather repeat

• Agree 4

Last year the Pats were with out some of their starters on their D but this year they have them back & they will not be a easy out for the Bills and it wouldn't surprise me if they split this year I'm hoping not but we'll see .

If the Bills play to their potential then it should be a given but they aren't right noe we can only hope that they are playing their best ball closer to the end of the year i would rather it be like that the come out like the Steelers did last year and then fall off at the end .

Hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and get this offense humming going down the home stretch !! 

• Like (+1) 2

I have watched them the last 3 weeks and they are getting visibly better. Belichik's teams always did, even with Brady at QB, they were always better in November than September. The defense in particular is better than it was early on, they have got their oline healthy and Hunter Henry has started to make some plays. They will give the Bills two tough games. They are not going to threaten for the division though. Still too limited offensively. Every game they have played recently (other than the Jets haha) has been a close game and I can see them being like that all year. Win some tight ones, lose some tight ones. They are a wildcard contender but that is a crowded picture. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Should be good games this year to see how McD challenges the rookie and what our offense can do against their defense.

Both games and the one against the Bucs will be the true remaining tests ahead of the playoffs. The games against the Pats** will come down to coaching and in-game decisions (please, not some bone headed ones we saw yesterday from McD)

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Who cares

Considering they are a divisional rival we play twice and a frequent topic on this board, I can think of a few people.

22 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Cute. Since you rarely post I'll assume this is your thing. So have at your Pats

You are a mean drunk in the mornings.

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Both games and the one against the Bucs will be the true remaining tests ahead of the playoffs. The games against the Pats** will come down to coaching and in-game decisions (please, not some bone headed ones we saw yesterday from McD)

I would add the Saints as well.

25 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Biggest eye roll ever. Unless they take the division from us at the end of the year I could literally care less what NE does at this time.

You don't care who makes the playoffs and might be a potential playoff matchup? 

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If the Bills can sweep them (which will be tough), we could very well knock them out of wildcard contention. And, that would be sweet.

Agreed

26 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If the Bills can sweep them (which will be tough), we could very well knock them out of wildcard contention. And, that would be sweet.

Second game is Dec 26 - week 15.  Bills most likely win the division by then but the AFC top spot is likely to still be up for grabs.  Plenty to play for.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.