Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

I detect the same level of disrespect from some as I saw last week for Miami. You’d think the lesson would take hold. I don’t care what an opponents record is because every team is capable on any given Sunday. Nobody has the luxury of taking any team lightly. Players and coaches have always understood this. All of us fans should try to as well. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I detect the same level of disrespect from some as I saw last week for Miami. You’d think the lesson would take hold. I don’t care what an opponents record is because every team is capable on any given Sunday. Nobody has the luxury of taking any team lightly. Players and coaches have always understood this. All of us fans should try to as well. 

The bills won by 15 and never trailed in the game...

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah I'll leave that to the players and the Coaches, is it possible sure, but what should happen is we beat this much worse team and it's not even close.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Wood said on WGR that the Spencer brown injury was a weightlifting injury. I dont think I saw that previously 

I heard it somewhere last week that it was a work out injury, so that tracks.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well then by all means, we should totally take the Jags lightly. 

The players and coaches won't but who cares if the fans do. We aren't playing so it doesn't matter if we take the game lightly or not. I think the Bills will win big this week. In my meaningless opinion I think the score will be close to the Texans game or 1st Dolphins game. I won't call a shutout but I could see a 30 point win or maybe more.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No one ever said to take the Jags likely.

Point is, the Bills are light years better than Jacksonville and shouldn’t struggle with them.

It comes down to interpretation though, right? Did the Bills struggle this past weekend?

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well then by all means, we should totally take the Jags lightly. 

OK, I'll play along.  What lesson should have been learned from the fans taking the Dolphins lightly?  Did the attitude on a fan forum somehow dictate how the players prepared for the game?  Will it come back to bite the Bills in the ass if I don't show proper respect to the worst team in the NFL?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The players and coaches won't but who cares if the fans do. We aren't playing so it doesn't matter if we take the game lightly or not. I think the Bills will win big this week. In my meaningless opinion I think the score will be close to the Texans game or 1st Dolphins game. I won't call a shutout but I could see a 30 point win or maybe more.

Who cares indeed. That’s a luxury of being a fan I guess. Fans are entitled to have whatever feelings we want. It’s all good. 
I just happen to be one who thinks every opponent is worthy of respect. That’s all. 

But somehow, I suspect that if we should lose in an upset, some of the fans who care the least will be the first in line to accuse the coaches and players of taking the Jags lightly. 

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

OK, I'll play along.  What lesson should have been learned from the fans taking the Dolphins lightly?  Did the attitude on a fan forum somehow dictate how the players prepared for the game?  Will it come back to bite the Bills in the ass if I don't show proper respect to the worst team in the NFL?  

I think the main take away should be that, regardless of W-L record, there are world class athletes on every team and each opponent is worthy of respect, because on any given Sunday and all that. That’s all.

Feel free to feel however you want. No worries. 

Edited by K-9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.