Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

Eichel trade alert! Finally...seems like they actually got good value despite everything. Wow finally some good news for the other Buffalo franchise (and their decent start to the season as well). 

Back to football...expecting a big game from Allen and the passing offense, but especially Knox (if he plays), Sweeney, and Beasley. Jacksonville has struggled defending TEs big time as well as the middle of the field (one of the consequences when you have terrible safety play). With the Jags having a great run defense, I want one of those games where we run the ball once for every 4-5 passing plays. 

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Land Clark is the zebra crew.  They had our game in Vegas last year.  They throw about 7 flags a game on each team. 

Most significant call in last year's game was a 46 yard dpi against Poyer that led to a Raider td.

I'm sorry, this is what popped in my head as soon as I saw the ref's name...

land shark GIF by Saturday Night Live

Could also argue the most significant call in that Raiders game was the non-call when Allen was slammed to the turf and injured his shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Have to imagine this game will be a pseudo-home crowd for Buffalo.  All the T-Law excitement has pretty much dissipated in Jacksonville with their poor start and it seems any Bills fan within 8 hours of Jax is going to this game - including myself. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

I still can't believe Tavon Austin is somehow on this Jags team. Still have a few days left but my excitement is running pretty low for this one.

If there's anything we should have learned from last weeks game, it's never take a game lightly.

I fully expect a bills comfortable win, but don't assume it as anything can happen

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

HE CHANGED HIS ARM ANGLE!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Seriously. More annoying to me than the "no look" slobber fest is the media washing his nuts over the underhand lobs. I just sit there thinking "am i the only person that just sees an unnecessarily long delivery method for a simple shovel pass here?"

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if they're healthy they play.... i literally cannot stand this stuff.

yea, thats why I said im not normally this guy. However, id sit anyone with any kind of boo boo against the pooptastic Jags. Its a moot point though because I know Brown and Knox are not playing Sunday, so no need to delve further into the topic. 

99% of the time I say I don't care how the team wins, so long as they win. Style points don't mean much. The only thing that matters is finishing with at least one point more than your opponent.

HOWEVER...

This is not one of those weeks. The Jaguars are SO bad -- so poorly coached, so devoid of game changing talent, so poorly ranked defensively and so inept offensively -- that I'd like to see the Bills absolutely destroy them. 42-9, something like that. I want to see the Bills passing game absolutely light it up. There is no good reason for them NOT to light it up. Josh Allen has never thrown five touchdowns in a single game before, and this seems like as good a week as any.

Forget "it's a week-to-week league", "it's all about matchups", "any given Sunday", and all that jazz. I want to see absolute domination from the kickoff to the final whistle.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

99% of the time I say I don't care how the team wins, so long as they win. Style points don't mean much. The only thing that matters is finishing with at least one point more than your opponent.

HOWEVER...

This is not one of those weeks. The Jaguars are SO bad -- so poorly coached, so devoid of game changing talent, so poorly ranked defensively and so inept offensively -- that I'd like to see the Bills absolutely destroy them. 42-9, something like that. I want to see the Bills passing game absolutely light it up. There is no good reason for them NOT to light it up. Josh Allen has never thrown five touchdowns in a single game before, and this seems like as good a week as any.

Forget "it's a week-to-week league", "it's all about matchups", "any given Sunday", and all that jazz. I want to see absolute domination from the kickoff to the final whistle.

The Jaguars hung in for a half or so with the Titans, Cardinals, and Bengals. They have talent and they'll probably play well at some points in the game. You may not see the total blow out you're looking for, so consider their recent history and don't complain aftwrwards.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The Jaguars hung in for a half or so with the Titans, Cardinals, and Bengals. They have talent and they'll probably play well at some points in the game. You may not see the total blow out you're looking for, so consider their recent history and don't complain aftwrwards.

dont tell me what to do amy poehler GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

As I said last week, I want heads on pikes, no a 28-14 W

Hope to hell I didn't jinx the team, as I'm aware board posts DO affect game play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

They also looked terrible from start to finish against a bad seattle team with Geno Smith starting.

I'm not saying this needs to be a 40-0 route, but I'm specifically looking for this team to perform better in the redzone and pad their sack numbers in a game like this.

If neither happens it's not very encouraging IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.