Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

The Bills also had the opportunity in a no risk situation to try a 2 point play for game experience to benefit our team possibly in the future who knows..... I dont care about Miami's hurt feelings at all. I get why they would say we didnt need to go there but I disagree.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Yeah my worry was too...you saw Josh get mad at the guy who was kind of twisting up on him at the end of that play. Well, he can't get potentially hurt if we kick the XP. And 15 vs 14 at that point...come on.

the only thing classless was the Miami players actions on that play. 

the play was a pass, bobbled snap

I have no problem with the TD - they needed to get the first down to run the clock out which was inside the 2.  Personally, up 15 I would have kicked the XP, but I'm guessing that was in response to Miami going for 2 earlier when they were down 8 after the TD.  I think the were saying - "You're done - stay down". 

I saw the time left and said there the 3 touchdowns!

That said I also knew it was impossible to run the clock to zero. So you run the ball. Josh just had the b-line to the endzone. Not classless for the TD there, he's a competitor.

The 2-point conversion attempt was kinda weird, I would think that a snap and knee for the two pointer would have negated any chance of shenanigans for an xp block or fumble. But they didn't do that so it was odd. Maybe like everyone else said: it was practice.

The QB rollout is exactly what I would have called because I feel you get the first down and run out the clock, but getting a touchdown on that is what it is and it doesn't bother me from either point of view.

You can justify the two-point conversion with any type of math you want, but going for that is a giant middle finger. It's fun to watch because it's our team, but you should only attempt that two pointer knowing full well that there's going to be extracurriculars after that play and be ready to scrap, because I would damn well expect the bills to scrap if they're on the losing end of that as well. 

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The two pointer was ridiculous.  I thought boy the media is going to roast McD on that and they should.

The only rationale for it was the Bills have been so lame in the red zone that it was used a "practice".

I totally disagree. Look at the math - a two pointer makes it a three score game.

• Like (+1) 5

Was not classless on the Bills part. If we were already up by three scores and then decided to air out a bom + try a 2 point conversion, I could go with that logic. I think the Dolphins would still have time left and with the possibilities of a Hail Mary + on-side kick, two scores would not be full insurance for a win. 

I have no issue with McD's strategy and there was nothing classless about it. If you want to see classless, go back to our games against the Pats** when Losman was our QB. Now, that was disgusting on Belichick's part. 

• Like (+1) 1

The game is played for sixty minutes on offense and or defense, it is that simple, sure it sucks when your team really can’t compete, (Miami), but we know that drill all to well, all seventeen years worth of it..,, to bad for us back then, and to bad for Miami now. Football ain’t a gentleman’s sport, get over it. 

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Dolphins are going to score three times with no timeouts and what 65 seconds left?  Get real.

No, they would not have. Thats why we went for 2...to make it a 3 score game if we would have succeeded. 

Put it another way, if we dropped the ball on the field and let the dolphins have it, would they have kneeled and ended it? Hell no they would not have.

You play to finish the game. Not to mention it gives some more experience running the 2 pt conversion for when we do need it.

Edited by What a Tuel

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Dolphins are going to score three times with no timeouts and what 65 seconds left?  Get real.

No they wouldn't score three times in 65 seconds, but they could score twice. Philly scored two touchdowns in 11 seconds yesterday. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. It was a strategic call. You can disagree with the strategy, but it doesn't make it classless. Motivation in these instances differentiates that. IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

No they wouldn't score three times in 65 seconds, but they could score twice. Philly scored two touchdowns in 11 seconds yesterday. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. It was a strategic call. You can disagree with the strategy, but it doesn't make it classless. Motivation in these instances differentiates that. IMHO.

I am not going to look it up but so they scored two touchdowns in 11 seconds?,  Sure it is possible but how.  Was it like the Bills where they were Lions were kicking off to them and they managed to score twice in 11 seconds?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.