Question about the Bass 57 yard FG....

Special K

I want to say the Cardinals kicker hit a 60 yarder from what I remember to end the half once?

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Stop picking on and piling on the Dolphins and their fans!

You meanie! 😁

Wait...

They have fans?

When did this happen?

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The one thing that I noticed that Jeremy White pointed out today....Bass is right on top of the holder.  Takes just one step and kicks.  His leg is insane.

Bass's leg = Josh's arm: strong and accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Christie still has Bills record at 59 

Chrisie still has SB record 54 yard FG too

31 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Bass's leg = Josh's arm: strong and accurate.

Those XPs were drifting right. He will probably dead push one of those this year.  They all seem to miss from time to time. Otherwise he has had a really nice subtle draw working most of the year. 

Last successful "free kick field goal" [the official term] was

Ray Wersching, San Diego vs. Buffalo, November 21, 1976.
Good from 45 at the end of the first half. This kick put the Chargers up 27-10, and so is missing from most brief recaps of the game. This is the last known successful NFL free kick.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The one thing that I noticed that Jeremy White pointed out today....Bass is right on top of the holder.  Takes just one step and kicks.  His leg is insane.

Yes, I noticed it, too.  Essentially no run up - just blasts away.  Useful in on-side kick scenarios.  

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Nothing aside from being a kick, that if it goes through the uprights is worth 3 points, and would technically count as a FG for the record attempt.

Okay, I see what you're saying.

Something like this: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-take-advantage-of-rarely-used-fair-catch-kick-rule-to-try-60-yard-field-goal-against-buccaneers/amp/

Google says 

https://www.buffalosportshallfame.com/member/steve-christie/

Bills’ history. He scored 100 or more points in eight of his nine seasons in Buffalo and set the record for the longest successful field goal (59 yards) in Bills’ regular season play. His 54-yard FG against the Cowboys in January, 1994 set the Super Bowl record, which still stands today.

another 
Tyler Bass's 54-yard field goal the longest in NFL playoff history by a rookie | Bills vs. Colts | Wild Card

Twitter isn’t always for Twits 

I thought it was interesting in post-game when Bass said his maximum distance in that direction was 59 yards,, (with wind?) and the other direction was 57 yards.  Now i find that amazing since the 57 yard direction would have been against the wind, no?  Maybe it was a pure cross wind on Sunday, I couldn't tell.  But the dude has some ridiculous range.  And he's young.  The leg still might get stronger. 

Think Bass could hit a 67 yarder? That's what it takes to break the NFL record set by Baltimore a couple weeks ago.

I love watching video of the Baltimore kick "Doink"

I think Bass could do it with the wind at his back, maybe even in a dome.

1 minute ago, boater said:

Think Bass could hit a 67 yarder? That's what it takes to break the NFL record set by Baltimore a couple weeks ago.

I love watching video of the Baltimore kick "Doink"

I think Bass could do it with the wind at his back, maybe even in a dome.

I think he could do it, but I never want to have to find out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.