Question about the Bass 57 yard FG....

Special K

Was that the longest FG ever made by any kicker (home or visiting team) in Buffalo??

I tried Googling it, but didn’t get anywhere, but I couldn’t remember any kick that long made in Buffalo.

Not to mention the fact that the kick would have been good from 65 yards!!!

Bass-O-Matic rules!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

Was that the longest FG ever made by any kicker (home or visiting team) in Buffalo??

I tried Googling it, but didn’t get anywhere, but I couldn’t remember any kick that long made in Buffalo.

Bass-O-Matic rules!!!!!

I can’t remember the exact game, but I know Christie once hit a 59 yarder at Rich in the early 90’s run—anyone else recall that too? 

[Edit: found it, September 1993, against the Fins too!]

https://buffalonews.com/news/christies-boot-one-for-the-books-bills-kicker-ties-third-longest-with-his-59-yarder/article_bee72e8e-c075-5514-9239-6234a2b1d1d1.html

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I think the last second field goal in the Cowboys Monday night game was longerr but I dont remember exact details for some reason...

I think that game and the “just give it to them” game vs. the Pats were the two games I was the angriest I’ve ever been after a Bills loss.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Special K said:

Bass-O-Matic rules!!!!!

Only 65?  Judging from the view of the end zone cam behind the posts, probably would have been good from 70.  I hope they let him unload on a couple record attempts late in the season when he already has his Pro Bowl status secured.  Maybe on a "fair catch free kick", he could easily put one through on one of those.

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I can’t remember the exact game, but I know Christie once hit a 59 yarder at Rich in the early 90’s run—anyone else recall that too? 

[Edit: found it, September 1993, against the Fins too!]

https://buffalonews.com/news/christies-boot-one-for-the-books-bills-kicker-ties-third-longest-with-his-59-yarder/article_bee72e8e-c075-5514-9239-6234a2b1d1d1.html

Stop picking on and piling on the Dolphins and their fans!

You meanie! 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The one thing that I noticed that Jeremy White pointed out today....Bass is right on top of the holder.  Takes just one step and kicks.  His leg is insane.

He's always had a short approach but it's getting ridiculous now.

When he did it yesterday on a 57 yrd attempt that ended up being good for another 10 yards I was trying to remember a time I had ever seen a guy do that and I couldn't come up with one.

That child is spring-loaded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

He's always had a short approach but it's getting ridiculous now.

When he did it yesterday on a 57 yrd attempt that ended up being good for another 10 yards I was trying to remember a time I had ever seen a guy do that.

I couldn't come up with one.

I actually got nervous on his 57 yarder.  I thought he didn't get enough behind it because the approach was way too short....then my jaw dropped.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.