Blockbuster trade?

McBean

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Good post.  I agree for the most part.  

Regarding the bolded…..mongos play the last 2 season ranged from pathetic to above average.  The bottom of his spectrum was most definitely NOT average.  

Haack lost us one game already.  He can do it again. 

We’ll see about Levi.  More bad than good yesterday imo.  More good than bad this year.  I’ve been happy with him for the most part.  Still not sold on him.  

I don’t know anyone can say they’ve seen enough of Sweeney to think that he’s an adequate #2.  I’m not saying that he definitely isn’t.  I’m saying that I’d rather have a proven TE2.  A TE2 that will allow us to play more 2TE sets confidently.  We rarely ever run 2TE sets and I think our lack of a good TE2 could be part of the reason.  I could be totally wrong.  

TE2 isn’t a concern for me given that they can go 4 wide with Gabe Davis if Sweeney isn’t able to be a decent TE. Also Knox isn’t likely to be gone much longer. 

I think this team is likely to feel confident in Levi as a CB2 and while I feel that maybe you could upgrade there I just don’t see the coaching staff that has stood pat with Levi in past seasons where his play wasn’t as strong suddenly moving to upgrade when he is having his best season.

As far as getting a better punter I would be all for it but not sure what’s out on the market either via trade or via free agency.

As far as Mongo I don’t think his worst play from 2019 to 2020 was pathetic. I would say below average at worst. Either way this team’s biggest need is to move him to the bench as a high end backup.

31 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

TE2 isn’t a concern for me given that they can go 4 wide with Gabe Davis if Sweeney isn’t able to be a decent TE. Also Knox isn’t likely to be gone much longer. 

I think this team is likely to feel confident in Levi as a CB2 and while I feel that maybe you could upgrade there I just don’t see the coaching staff that has stood pat with Levi in past seasons where his play wasn’t as strong suddenly moving to upgrade when he is having his best season.

As far as getting a better punter I would be all for it but not sure what’s out on the market either via trade or via free agency.

As far as Mongo I don’t think his worst play from 2019 to 2020 was pathetic. I would say below average at worst. Either way this team’s biggest need is to move him to the bench as a high end backup.

It’s not about “going 4 wide”.  It’s about being able to go 2TE.  That’s my point

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s not about “going 4 wide”.  It’s about being able to go 2TE.  That’s my point

Fair enough but I don’t see needing a 2TE set as necessary for the offense to roll. I think they like Sweeney, he is a home grown player they drafted and is in his third year. I get wanting someone better but I doubt the staff views it as a priority.

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Fair enough but I don’t see needing a 2TE set as necessary for the offense to roll. I think they like Sweeney, he is a home grown player they drafted and is in his third year. I get wanting someone better but I doubt the staff views it as a priority.

Needing it to roll?  No, I agree. We don’t NEED it to roll.  Adding other wrinkles to the offense just gives opposing defenses another thing to game plan against.  2TE sets can also help our run game get going while mixing in some play action.

Offenses have to continue to evolve. Teams can’t continue to run the same offense year in year out and expect to have the same success.  Opposing defenses adjust.  The offense has to adjust as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:00 AM, McBean said:

If you could make one blockbuster trade before Tuesday without looking at the numbers, who would you want?

This is just for fun and would love to hear the 1 player everybody thinks that could win us a Super Bowl this season.

I’ll go first:

DALVIN COOK

Vikings are done. Zimmer is getting fired. Cook would make this offense unstoppable. He would take so much pressure off Allen. Look at the Titans and Tannehill. #1 seed right now with Ryan freakin Tannehill. Why? Teams always have to watch for #22. The run sets up so much. 

Who’s your 1 player?

Christian McCaffrey for O and Nick Bosa for D.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.