Blockbuster trade?

McBean

1 minute ago, ProcessTruster said:

exactly the position groups where quality not available at this time of year.   Offseason focus.   See you in April.   Plus Beane needs to start really sweating the salary cap, so guys on rookie deals will be a priority going forward.   But he drafts well, so not so concerned there.   More O lineman being drafted in the spring for sure.  Josh isn't going anywhere.   The SB window will be open for a few years.  

Exactly I think we roll with what we have and just hope Josh continues to cover up for the OL's weak play. We really don't have a choice at this point anyway. This upcoming draft I would expect Beane's top priority will be the OL.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

This team can't run without a TE, sorry Sweeney ain't it.  This won't be the last time Knox is hurt this season, he is one that hasn't been particularly healthy is his career.

Gesicki is the PERFECT trade target.

The guy is clearly frustrated in Miami and his deal is up.  He is on a rookie deal, so he is cheap.

I wish Gesecki was a possibility. In division trades do happen but I can't see MIA s front office doing it right now. Trading him would be bad enough PR, but making a team like us better would really be a nail in the coffin on their jobs. Gesecki n Knox would be a stud 1-2 lineup

9 hours ago, McBean said:

If you could make one blockbuster trade before Tuesday without looking at the numbers, who would you want?

This is just for fun and would love to hear the 1 player everybody thinks that could win us a Super Bowl this season.

I’ll go first:

DALVIN COOK

Vikings are done. Zimmer is getting fired. Cook would make this offense unstoppable. He would take so much pressure off Allen. Look at the Titans and Tannehill. #1 seed right now with Ryan freakin Tannehill. Why? Teams always have to watch for #22. The run sets up so much. 

Who’s your 1 player?

I think if there is one thing Beane hasn't done well is draft RB's last years draft with Johnathon Taylor, AJ Dillion, & Antonio Gibson  sitting there for the taking (My pick would have been Dillon) and he thought who we had in Moss & Singletary we were good ? Okay you know football better than i do .

Taylor may have been a bit of a reach going as early as he did but Dillon could have been had in a great spot & the dude is money just look at what he's doing when called on in GB . Moss is good so is motor but given the bigger frame of Dillon i think he would have given a lot more power to the running game than we have but that's just me .

5 minutes ago, T master said:

I think if there is one thing Beane hasn't done well is draft RB's last years draft with Johnathon Taylor, AJ Dillion, & Antonio Gibson  sitting there for the taking (My pick would have been Dillon) and he thought who we had in Moss & Singletary we were good ? Okay you know football better than i do .

Taylor may have been a bit of a reach going as early as he did but Dillon could have been had in a great spot & the dude is money just look at what he's doing when called on in GB . Moss is good so is motor but given the bigger frame of Dillon i think he would have given a lot more power to the running game than we have but that's just me .

Jim Brown wouldn't run it really well behind the bills o line.  The line is the issue, but will need to wait until the draft to address.   Cap management will be an issue, as Beane will prob need to pay Oliver and Edmunds this offseason, among others.    Downside of actually having a good roster.  

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Get an all pro guard and keep Allen safe in the pocket will help our run game as well. Can we get scherff from Washington? Coming off injury but let him heal up and get going for the playoff run. 

Or maybe Brandon Brooks from the Eagles?  I know he is out right now with a torn pec.

28 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

The obsession with acquiring a RB on this board is mind boggling.

Dalvin Cook albeit a better player would suffer from the same run blocking ineptitude this O Line displays every game. 

We need O line help, guards in particular. Maybe some Pass Rush and CB depth.

This is part of it but at the end of the day some of these RBs make it happen, it isn't all the run blocking.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, McBean said:

If you could make one blockbuster trade before Tuesday without looking at the numbers, who would you want?

This is just for fun and would love to hear the 1 player everybody thinks that could win us a Super Bowl this season.

I’ll go first:

DALVIN COOK

Vikings are done. Zimmer is getting fired. Cook would make this offense unstoppable. He would take so much pressure off Allen. Look at the Titans and Tannehill. #1 seed right now with Ryan freakin Tannehill. Why? Teams always have to watch for #22. The run sets up so much. 

Who’s your 1 player?

Put Dalvin with this passing game man but I would call the Jags about the availability of James Robinson or Andrew Norwell….and what the heck Detroit’s got a nutty coach why not give them a call and see if we can offer a 5th for Hockenson? 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still confused why some think Jacksonville would trade away their best o-lineman that is protecting the #1 overall draft pick who they are hoping to be their franchise QB?  

Is there any substance to the Jaguars listening to offers for OG Norwell or are we just throwing random names out there for funsies?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm still confused why some think Jacksonville would trade away their best o-lineman that is protecting the #1 overall draft pick who they are hoping to be their franchise QB?  

Is there any substance to the Jaguars listening to offers for OG Norwell or are we just throwing random names out there for funsies?

Teams rarely advertise to the media that they are interested in trading a player.   If you are looking for rumors from a talking head......those usually come from agents looking to get their player traded,  not the team.   So you can sh*t in one hand and search for substance in the other and you know which one will fill up first.   

The dots are connected to Norwell because he was a former All Pro who has been up and down with the Jags and has $13M in base salary next season,  the last of his deal.   They may not want to wait for another down and perhaps get something for a 30 year old player at one of the easier positions on the field to fill and save $15M-$20M.   The dots specifically to the Bills?    He began his career with Carolina when Beane and McDermott were there and later had his All Pro season as a Carolina Panther.

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I wish Gesecki was a possibility. In division trades do happen but I can't see MIA s front office doing it right now. Trading him would be bad enough PR, but making a team like us better would really be a nail in the coffin on their jobs. Gesecki n Knox would be a stud 1-2 lineup

I just don't see in division being a problem when they are 1-7.  It's not like they are in contention, and Gesicki is gone at the end of the year anyways.

Trading him when you are completely out of contention for less because you don't want him going to a certain team, would be worse than any PR backlash.

How about David Montgomery? 3rd round RB on third year of his rookie contract.

Khalil Herbert has looked fantastic as a rookie since Montgomery got hurt.

Bears can use all the help they can get and with Herbert looking so good, I wonder if they would be willing to trade Montgomery in exchange for a 2nd rounder and Singletary? That would be a nice haul and I think it would be worth it for both teams.

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to get Norwell, but I don't think an OL qualifies as "blockbuster," although he would be the best addition, IMO.  I think "blockbuster" has to be a good name, and per the OP, one that would also help.  

The following might fit that criteria: 

1.  DJ Metcalf.  not sure how we'd get him, (Davis and a 2nd?), but man, that would be something.  

2.  D. Cook (RB).  Yeah, he is oft-injured, and the price is ridiculous, but he'd up the running game.  The OL is bad, but not the sole reason.  We have 2 backup RB's rotating as starters.  

3.  K. Mack or DE. Hunter.  Pass rush upgrade would put the D on another level.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, McBean said:

I’ll go first:

DALVIN COOK

Who’s your 1 player?

Tannehill is gonna be exposed now lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.