Blockbuster trade?

McBean

If you could make one blockbuster trade before Tuesday without looking at the numbers, who would you want?

This is just for fun and would love to hear the 1 player everybody thinks that could win us a Super Bowl this season.

I’ll go first:

DALVIN COOK

Vikings are done. Zimmer is getting fired. Cook would make this offense unstoppable. He would take so much pressure off Allen. Look at the Titans and Tannehill. #1 seed right now with Ryan freakin Tannehill. Why? Teams always have to watch for #22. The run sets up so much. 

Who’s your 1 player?

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 5

• McBean changed the title to Blockbuster trade?

Dude in that scenario I'd just go cheaper and steal Alexander Mattison, who looks nearly just as good as Cook but so far without the inevitable mid-season injury. Just wait, it's coming. Mattison will once again be a fantasy darling in Week 13 or whatever when Cook's hip or knee or ankle goes out again.

Not sexy but I think you got to get an offensive lineman. Maybe call up the Jags, see if we can get Norwell for our interior.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, McBean said:

Cook would make this offense unstoppable. 

No, it would not.

But at least you didn't do like @H2o the other day and say adding a RB would make this offense "LITERALLY" unstoppable.

Andrew Norwell would help a good deal, IMO.........but no one player who would reasonably be available is making them unstoppable.

A blockbuster trade for me would be one in which the Bills git a young premier WR off of a team that thinks they're not great this year and might be up for a rebuild next year.  

Maybe a team like the Seahawks

Maybe for a player like DK Metcalf.

Would it ever happen? No, but that'd be the type of player, it you're asking blockbuster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, McBean said:

DALVIN COOK

Vikings are done. Zimmer is getting fired. Cook would make this offense unstoppable. He would take so much pressure off Allen. Look at the Titans and Tannehill. #1 seed right now with Ryan freakin Tannehill. Why? Teams always have to watch for #22. The run sets up so much. 

can he also play guard?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Just like almost every single backup RB in NFL history that's filled in for an injured starter

Yes totally, and it seems we agree, but also Alexander Mattison specifically is going to make some money some day. Like a modern day Michael Turner playing for San Diego in how clearly obvious it is that he can be a starting RB somewhere, so between those two only, give me the cheap guy.

Edited by Nelius

I definitely wouldn’t chase a running back, I would consider sending Mitch and some picks to New Orleans for Lattimore. Not realistic especially considering money but Lattimore and Tre locked up for years sounds pretty elite to me. 
I don’t think we’ll see anything splashy. NFL is generally pretty quiet for trades mid season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.