Bills Classless Again [Edit: FinHeaven message board]

Process

On 11/1/2021 at 8:37 AM, Process said:

Allen and Wilkins hugging after the game. Keep crying dolphins fans.

Interesting.  It reminds me of the player (can't remember who) who was asked about who is the biggest trash talker and he said "Josh Allen.  But it's all good."  I think it's stuff they do in the heat of the game, but afterwards it's all forgotten.

• Agree 1

On 11/1/2021 at 8:37 AM, Process said:

Allen and Wilkins hugging after the game. Keep crying dolphins fans.

During the game, testosterone filled boys being testosterone filled boys; after the game, grown men respecting other grown men. And as it should be. 

On 11/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont know why this is so confusing for some of the Fins fans and even some of the Bills fans in the other thread about this.  

1.  Bills could not take a knew and run the clock all the way out.  

2. Bills had to score or get a first down to essentially officially end the game.  

3. Bills need to keep clock running, so only a run will be called.  Allen rolling out can simply go down on his own if no lane is there for either the first down or the score.  

4.  As far as the 2 point conversion, how is this even confusing for anyone?  Without it, the score is a 2 score game still.  If dolphins run the kickoff back or score fast on a big play, they could still kick an onside and try and score again.  Converting the 2 point conversion made it a 3 score game and unofficially ends the game.  

There was nothing classless at all about the Bills decisions.  Anyone who cant see that just wasn't actually paying attention to the final details of that game or doesn't understand football.  

Solid break down Adawg. If their feelings are hurt so be it. There was purpose behind the final drive, it wasn't about running up the score.  The fact of the matter is after scoring there was still a possibility albeit a slim one for a comeback. We can all admit we felt pretty good about the game after the Bass FG and I'm sure JA and Co. wanted to sprinkle a little salt in their wounds but it was far from dirty and classless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I liked this one too...

wQOwS2S.jpg

I bet if you asked a number of bills fans who they were rooting for in that 2001 super bowl between the rams and pats you'll find a solid number say pats

Lesson, everyone loves an underdog. In the beginning when a new team starts winning everyone loves them. Its the constant winning that turns a team into the villain 

• Agree 4

On 11/1/2021 at 9:06 AM, GunnerBill said:

So normally I am not a fan of running the score up. But on the accusations of the Bills doing it twice vs Miami I don't think it holds up to scrutiny.

Exhibit A

Week 17, 2020 season - It was 28-3 at half time. Maybe the Dolphins think we should have let up mid 2nd quarter or something? At which point the Bills pulled the starters. We scored 4 touchdowns in the second half. A pick 6 from a backup corner (Josh Norman). Two rushing touchdowns from our FOURTH string running back and then, fair enough, the last touchdown was a 56 yard pass play, maybe the Bills didn't need to call a deep shot there. But most of the second half we ran the ball to just milk the clock with Antonio Williams and he had 12 carries for 63 yards (at over 5 yards per carry) and two touchdowns. Not the Bills' fault Miami had quit and couldn't stop a 4th stringer. 

Exhibit B 

Week 8, 2021 season - The Bills are up by 9, both teams are out of time outs and it is 3rd and 6 from the 7 yard line. If the Bills just take a knee there and then let the clock run before kicking a FG they are only up by 12 and can potentially still lose the game with a FG and a touchdown (although admittedly with only 35 seconds remaining), but there is a risk there.... a return touchdown or even as Lofton mentioned on the broadcast a blocked FG return for a touchdown that means the Dolphins can onside kick and try a long FG to win the game. I don't know that the Bills necessarily called that boot action for Allen to score.... I think they knew they might which would put the game completely away but I suspect they would have been content with him getting inside the 1 for the first down. I get it the chances are small but running up the score to me is keep scoring when the game is totally safe. If the Bills were already two touchdowns up before that play I think they just kneel, but they weren't. 

My take? 

I don’t care if a divisional opponent thinks we run up the score on them or not.

I don’t care if we are “classless” when we spank them twice a year.

I want their locker room to be thinking about 5 years of ass whoopings for the next 5 years. 

I don’t want a rivalry. I want a little brother who knows he’s gonna lose before the clock starts running.

The Pats had that with us for 20 years. 20 years of Bills players, old and new, knowing that the Pats had our number. 

Mental warfare wins in the NFL. I don’t think Brady and co waxed us purely because they were always playing that much better than we were.

Looks at Aaron Rodgers and the Bears. They know they are cooked even before they play a down. 

That’s what I want the Dolphins, Jets and Pats to feel for every single game of Allen’s career. I want 5-1 or 6-0 every year in our division. And I want them to know that too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

My take? 

I don’t care if a divisional opponent thinks we run up the score on them or not.

I don’t care if we are “classless” when we spank them twice a year.

I want their locker room to be thinking about 5 years of ass whoopings for the next 5 years. 

I don’t want a rivalry. I want a little brother who knows he’s gonna lose before the clock starts running.

The Pats had that with us for 20 years. 20 years of Bills players, old and new, knowing that the Pats had our number. 

Mental warfare wins in the NFL. I don’t think Brady and co waxed us purely because they were always playing that much better than we were.

Looks at Aaron Rodgers and the Bears. They know they are cooked even before they play a down. 

That’s what I want the Dolphins, Jets and Pats to feel for every single game of Allen’s career. I want 5-1 or 6-0 every year in our division. And I want them to know that too.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, 👍

Go Bills!!!

On 10/31/2021 at 10:52 PM, Awwufelloff said:

I don't like what Allen did at the end of the game either. There is no reason to do that. You're a leader, you don't continuously wave bye to a team that you just beat. Brady would never do that.

What you and a couple others here failed to realize is the guy Josh was waving at is the guy Josh left flailing at his feet in his Angry Run. The guy took exception to it and started trash talking Allen who simply replied ‘see ya next year’.

• Like (+1) 1

We were only ahead by 9 with 1:07 to play. Certainly that's very difficult to overcome, but it was hardly 'classless' to add that insurance. Some of them got it though. Like I always said when people whined about Brady. He was and still is great. If you don't like it, go out and beat him or just quit whining. We'll get another chance soon enough.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:36 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Not sure if this is accurate but my first thought on the last TD and the 2 pt try was that it gave us 2 chances at a red zone score....something that was a point of emphasis in most of the post game interviews aftee the Titans game.  

I guess just gave them more practice reps in a live fire setting.

Exactly. Why would you pass up a chance at practicing situational football. 

And, "best net points" is a tie breaker in virtually all tie breaking scenarios. I understand it rarely happens, but if it does, you need that box checked.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Exactly. Why would you pass up a chance at practicing situational football. 

And, "best net points" is a tie breaker in virtually all tie breaking scenarios. I understand it rarely happens, but if it does, you need that box checked.

Some real whiners amongst the dolphins fan base. 

I was a Bills fan when Bills went 0 for the ‘70s against dolphins.  Including losses by 30+ points. 20 straight losses. 

There wasn’t a single fan whining on the Bills message board back then, saying dolphins were classless. 

Not one single fan. 

I hated the 

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

Some real whiners amongst the dolphins fan base. 

I was a Bills fan when Bills went 0 for the ‘70s against dolphins.  Including losses by 30+ points. 20 straight losses. 

There wasn’t a single fan whining on the Bills message board back then, saying dolphins were classless. 

Not one single fan. 

I too hated the Dolphins in the 70s. However, I came to respect Don Shula in the 80s. 

With that said, I believe, prior to Al Gore inventing the internet spceifically to provide the Dolphin fans the venue to complain about scoring in the NFL, high schoolers in Buffalo were writing bad things about the Dolphins on the black board while the their Social Studies teacher was in the teacher's lounge adding a splash of vodka to his coffee  before 5th period. 

....And no one else knew. Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.