YoloinOhio

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

Three of my favorite QB's. How was it?

Here's one clip

https://www.nfl.com/videos/manning-bros-share-josh-allen-stories-at-the-manning-passing-academy

Here's my favorite excerpt, where Peyton complains that Josh and Pat Mahomes were visiting his family during the Masters tournament, and "what wasn't cool is that you drank all the beer at our party".  Says he had to do three beer runs because he "drank all the beer" and "I didn't want to disappoint the two best QBs in the league" (that one seemed to just totally slide past Josh with no reaction - sure, a first ballot HOF QB calls him one of the two best QBs in the league every day now).  Josh responded with a Chad Henne story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Josh was pretty reserved. Best part was them talking about how Peyton’s son is a huge Allen fan. Even wears an Allen jersey when he plays with his team.

My favorite as well .. Peyton is just so funny in an understated way

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/1/22758694/watch-peyton-mannings-son-chose-j-allen-for-back-of-his-jersey

favorite player .. kid has promise.

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Josh was pretty reserved. Best part was them talking about how Peyton’s son is a huge Allen fan. Even wears an Allen jersey when he plays with his team.

I think Josh was 100% focused on not saying anything that could be interpreted by any current or future opponent as bulletin board material, or be any sort of distraction for his team.  Do I wish he’d been cracking jokes and being himself?  Absolutely, but I understand why he wasn’t and respect that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

31 minutes ago, eball said:

I think Josh was 100% focused on not saying anything that could be interpreted by any current or future opponent as bulletin board material, or be any sort of distraction for his team.  Do I wish he’d been cracking jokes and being himself?  Absolutely, but I understand why he wasn’t and respect that.

Gaurentee they had pr people sitting next to Josh the whole time 

• Agree 1

He's a young kid, on a nationally televised show with a first ballot hall of famer and his brother (who'll prolly also get into the HOF on the back of two signature wins against Tom Brady in the Superb Owl, but otherwise career can be described as "fine") that he probably grew up watching on television. You could tell he was being extremely guarded, making sure he picked his words carefully and not take any obvious bait that could be twisted any particular way or used as bulletin board material. I also think that being on camera gets in Josh's head a bit and he comes off as somewhat stiff and wooden.

20 minutes ago, uninja said:

He's a young kid, on a nationally televised show with a first ballot hall of famer and his brother (who'll prolly also get into the HOF on the back of two signature wins against Tom Brady in the Superb Owl, but otherwise career can be described as "fine") that he probably grew up watching on television. You could tell he was being extremely guarded, making sure he picked his words carefully and not take any obvious bait that could be twisted any particular way or used as bulletin board material. I also think that being on camera gets in Josh's head a bit and he comes off as somewhat stiff and wooden.

In my opinion, it's all very deliberate and purposeful. I don't think he's nervous or anything in front of the camera. We know Josh has a bigger personality than what he showed (just listen to some of his Mic'd up clips), but he is purposely being very careful, polite, and calculated, so that he doesn't cause any controversy. Is it boring to watch for any non-Bills fan? Sure. Is it better than him saying something stupid that can be twisted and made into a story? You bet. He knows exactly what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.