Someone needs to address the Jerry Hughes blackball issue.

LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Someone needs to address why the entire league of refs refuse to do their job with regard to Jerry Hughes. This is beyond blatant. They've decided collectively to screw him because of his history of complaining.  Today in the 1st quarter he was blatantly held around his neck. Later in the game he has his helmet completely torn off as the announcers were waiting for a flag. No matter how hard he plays these cowards refuse to do their job. Shawn Smith and his crew are disgraces. And frankly so are the rest of these candy ass es.

I said in the GDT that Jerry needs to have a meeting with the head of the refs union and apologize profusely for his past transgressions and beg them just to call it even for him.  It's become a complete joke that the guy can't get a holding call to save his life.  

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I mean, Groot should have walked over the play and just asked a ref politely, “do you happen to know how this came off?”

He seems like the kind of guy that never complains about anything. Which is refreshing. He didn't even lose a step rushing while helmetless. 

But yeah, that was 1000% a personal foul, and wish he could have drawn some attention to it. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He seems like the kind of guy that never complains about anything. Which is refreshing. He didn't even lose a step rushing while helmetless. 

But yeah, that was 1000% a personal foul, and wish he could have drawn some attention to it. 

Maybe our coaches could step up in this situation. 

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Maybe our coaches could step up in this situation. 

There were a bunch of late flags today. But if the refs didn't see the strike to his face, I can't see anyone talking them into a penalty. 

Is that something the "eye in the sky" can call down to assess the penalty on?

I'd love to see a compilation of videos for all the snaps Hughes gets, and the number of times he's held or assaulted without a call.  No sense sending something like to the NFL, which WANTS all the players to see what happens to a guy who complains too much.  But put it on line and talk it up so it gets traction on the daily TV shows.

17 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'd love to see a compilation of videos for all the snaps Hughes gets, and the number of times he's held or assaulted without a call.  No sense sending something like to the NFL, which WANTS all the players to see what happens to a guy who complains too much.  But put it on line and talk it up so it gets traction on the daily TV shows.

You think those shows want to piss off the NFL? Rocking the boat too much can only be bad for the golden goose that is their ad revenue for blowing hot air about a game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

I don't believe officiating often 'gives' a game to one team or the other. I understand they can't get every call right. However, I expect consistency. If you're going to call something or not call something then it needs to be as consistent as possible throughout the game. 

Watching the NFL this year, the officiating is the least consistent I have ever seen. It's ridiculous. 

Officiating in the NFL is terrible, and the game has become far too complex and rule driven.

It's overly regulated.  I'd love to see that changed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Can someone create a "Jerry's greatest holds" video featuring the 20 most blatant uncalled holds or helmet rips and circulate it?

If it was magazine the referees would want to autograph page of their calls.

They have no shame.

I am pretty sure for every call they fail on Brady they need to call on someone else to balance books and Hughes is on top of their list.

3 hours ago, UConn James said:

The refs and refs union HATE Jerry with a passion.

Getting that red suspended for calling him a b-word on-field and the altercation in the tunnel is always going to color how he is seen. They ignore when he gets absolutely mauled, like the almost-sack of Tua early, and they had been quick to toss yellow on him… although less so this year.

I’ve been advocating to move on from Jerry for a couple of seasons now. What he brings is just not worth what he costs in terms of ref-hate. He’s doubtful to be re-signed after this season, given Beane’s draft investment in DE/DL.

Who is playing better than Hughes at DE?  He had a strip sack today.  

1 hour ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

I'm aware of how big a homer I am, but still have to say I've been shocked by how bad the zebras have been (from the perspective of the Bills) the last month at least.  one can only hope things even out in the weeks to come.

They missed calls both ways today.  They should have called PI on White and one of the hands to the face against their DL was a phantom call with the defender just grabbing jersey and not pushing his mask back.  

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They missed calls both ways today.  They should have called PI on White and one of the hands to the face against their DL was a phantom call with the defender just grabbing jersey and not pushing his mask back.  

The point of the thread is the fact that Jerry never gets called no matter what happens. Bad officials is part of the NFL but with Jerry it seems intentional because it is consistent from year to year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The point of the thread is the fact that Jerry never gets called no matter what happens. Bad officials is part of the NFL but with Jerry it seems intentional because it is consistent from year to year.

It is absolutely intentional and the refs/shield know it, but ignore it. That's my intent for starting this long overdue thread. We all know Jerry's long history. The refs have collectively decided to make an example of him for challenging their power and authority. No matter how hard Jerry plays there will be ignored calls. This almost makes him a functioning "liability". If you call out the shield, will it make it worse? What do you do?

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, the Hughes bias is over.  The refs miss stuff all the time and it is not blatant, intentional, conspiracy stuff.

However, not calling the Offside when Josh has them is starting to piss me off.  The top 10 QBs get those all the time.  They are not giving it to Josh.

Was a crucial non-call against Pitt -end of 3rd qtr- had 'em and no call.  So started 4th w 2nd and 10 instead of first and 5.  Was big miss IMO.

Happened again today.  Josh caught him in the neutral zone, got the ball hiked - and then no flag.  And these hurried plays are usually less effective, so not getting the call has a kind of double whammy affect - poor play and no call.  Today's was the grounding debacle.

Then to piss me off more, the announcers tried to claim it would have made offsetting penalties and the play would have been done over.  Remember this was on the grounding call.  I find that hard to believe.  In any event, even offsetting would have been much better than this missed call.

The refs need to start giving Josh/Bills the call when they have them in the neutral zone.  It's really starting to irritate me.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.