Tricks and Treats: Halloween Phins at Bills, Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

The Refs kept them in this one whether intentionally or not.

Lots of suspect calls and non calls my GF was getting hot and not in a good way ;)

I said to her keep cool there is a whole 1/2 to go and I think the Bills will take this one over. 

Just hope we don't see that crew again for a long time.

Our defense was waay outplaying Miami's offense, yet I think it took till the 3rd quarter for them to go 3 and out. Gives you an idea of how many head-scratching calls extended drives.

On offense, need better blocking up front and from Sweeney on the edges. Miami was more physical and we had to start matching that. Kumerow shows up in a good way recovering that muffed punt in the end zone. Guy just seems to be a baller who understands the game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Jags are very weak at the slot corner and the LB's, Best player is THEIR Josh Allen.  Suspect another good day for Beasley, and Sweeney.  Center and left side of their D-line are meh, so perhaps we are able to get some semblance of a running game going on the right side.  Dawkins and Boettger will have to man up against JAX-Josh. 

Agreed, Jags Josh Allen and their defensive line in general is the best part of that defense. But for what it's worth, I watched Allen pretty closely when the Jags beat Miami in London and thought he was fairly invisible against a bad Dolphins offensive line. 

15 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Love the Phil Mickelson love.  They said on the broadcast that Phil addressed the team at some point.  Wasn’t aware of that.  

Imagine being so upset someone threw a vomiting emoji your way you go find a comment of theirs just to throw a vomit emoji lmao

Crazy, right Hurleyburley? Lol

• Vomit 1

16 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s annoying that we can’t discuss any flaws the team has after a win. Just shut up and enjoy it

hey Brennan...how about fan boards get victory sunday to celebrate and on task for objectively analyze the game the next day? Bills fans wanna party yo!

were you at the stadium yesterday? Bills Mafia fanbase I salute You!!

m

This was a stressful game for nearly 2/3 of it.  I went from ...frustration at the Refs for always seeming to call the slightest infractions against us, but only calling the most obvious of penalties on the opposition ..to frustration at the offensive play calling.  

But, even before the first half ended, on the nice drive by MIA that end in the fumble... I realized it was more frustration within myself at wanting to see the Bills execute flawless.  I never really felt the game was in doubt.  I knew Josh and the Offense just needed one more series to figure it out.   

I guess that’s where I am now as a fan. I’m in a comfortable spot, always expecting Josh to put together a nice drive and score.  I don’t think we’re out in any game. We won’t win them all, but we’re always one series away from taking control of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

I noticed that as well.

On another play their RT took a full step back before the snap right in front of a field judge and nada, and it was so obvious..

They then flagged Miami for a weak holding later on the same play....

Just baffling and incompetent.

It was that kind of f'd up officiating all game long that made it damn near unwatchable.

I can take consistently bad, like those guys don't know what a DPI is, but teams can adjust to the way that crew is calling those.

But a love tap on the front of a helmet draws a hands to the face flag, yet a Bills helmet getting knocked off a head and bouncing across the field gets nothing.

Please sweet baby Jesus, may we not see those guys again for the rest of the year.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He means -and I agree- I NEVER want to see McKittrick TOUCH another football. It really is self-evident. Not sure how you get confused. Try this on for size, he can’t be trusted to catch the damn ball. 

The first part of my post you quoted was to a guy seeming to sarcastically imply that people aren't allowed to discuss the Bills faults and problems here.  I look around and I see a lot of that, thus my confusion.

To your point about McKenzie, my point is the same as the response you quoted.  You want to throw McKenzie in the trash and see Who? take on the PR/KR duties? 

Everyone's all about the "New Shiny", but before Stevenson went on IR, McKenzie was winning the PR/KR job based on fewer muffs and fumbles than Stevenson or Breida.

It's like the calls to improve our interior OL - Great!  I'm all for it!  Where's the improvement gonna come from mid-season?

16 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

man, it’s crazy to be on the other side of this equation.  

I must say, I guess I can kinda see why other fanbases would hate Josh Allen, mostly because of his Houdini-like tendencies but…. also because of stuff like at the end of the game yesterday.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some nice film clips here

Note that for all the bashing our OL takes, I can count up to "3 Mississippi" on all 4 of these throws

Are you really defending the line play?  It's 4 plays man.  Allen had 42 passes.  Our line play is garbage.  Easily the weakest spot on our team and probably one of the worst in the league.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some nice film clips here

Note that for all the bashing our OL takes, I can count up to "3 Mississippi" on all 4 of these throws

The OL definitely figured out some of their protection issues by the 2nd half.

Up to that point our rushing yards excluding Allen scrambles had to be pretty low. The pressure rates were high, and we had a whopping 3 on the board.

Not all on the OL for certain.

Miami was determined to stress our tackles with wide alignments and zone blitzes. Williams in particular was being tested that way as he has struggled with outside speed rushers.

Allen definitely had more time in the 2nd half. I've always thought our OL is better at pass pro than run blocking, and I don't think Miami has the defensive line rotation depth we do to go balls to the wall for four quarters.

We run to try to force teams to commit more guys to the box (not wildly successful there) and to slow the pass rush (I think that does happen).

They seemed to me to be more gassed later. We even sprang a few positive runs on them. Those guys played that first half with a big ol' chip on their shoulder.

On 11/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, Scott7975 said:

Are you really defending the line play?  It's 4 plays man.  Allen had 42 passes.  Our line play is garbage.  Easily the weakest spot on our team and probably one of the worst in the league.

Let's flip this around.  Allen had 42 passes.  They were not all thrown on the run.  In many of them, he had time to get to his 3rd read.

Even given Josh's escapability, it would defy logic and common sense that our passing offense is #6 for pass ypg and our rush offense is #8 in rush ypg (and yes, several of the teams ahead of us have QB who run more than Josh does), while our OL is one of the worst in the league.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's flip this around.  Allen had 42 passes.  They were not all thrown on the run.  In many of them, he had time to get to his 3rd read.

Even given Josh's escapability, it would defy logic and common sense that our passing offense is #6 for pass ypg and our rush offense is #8 in rush ypg (and yes, several of the teams ahead of us have QB who run more than Josh does), while our OL is one of the worst in the league.

the line far too often allows complete jail breaks. 

You are speaking just the Miami game right now who isn’t exactly stellar on defense despite the talent they have on paper. 

Allen is pressured on 25.3% of his passing attempts. That is 9th worst in league. Allen is hurried 6th most in the league. Allen has the 5th most hits in the league.  Allen has the the 7th least pocket time at 2.4 seconds.  All this while  being blitzed is 23rd lowest in the league. 

this isn’t updated for Miami yet which was abysmal in the first half. 

does this sound like good o line play to you now?

Allen simply makes the line look better than it is. The o line is terrible. Facts. 

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.