Tricks and Treats: Halloween Phins at Bills, Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Maybe your on to something. Let’s come up with a crap game plan and see if we can still when. Check. Next week we let the offense play but the d has run prevent all game and still hold them to field goals only. 

I am not sure what Daboll saw that made him think we need to throw the majority of passes behind it at the line of scrimmage. It was until we started going downfield that the o did anything. Felt like we had to protect a qb that can’t throw vs the worlds best secondary. 

Miami was taking the downfield away like all teams do to the Bills now.  They have to throw short to get them out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I said the Dolphins would play us hard.

I was a bit shocked by how poorly our D played at the start of the game.  I thought they played as though they’d been reading their own press clippings.

Discuss!

I was wrong to speculate that Tua might break out in this game, but for most of it he played well enough keep the outcome in doubt. I did say that the Dolphins as a whole would come out wanting to prove those who said Josh had their number wrong, and that Flores was coaching to keep his job. The Fins defense had the Bills completely bollixed in the first half and for much of the second. 

I expect the Bills to come back stronger in their next few games, barring serious injuries. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I was wrong to speculate that Tua might break out in this game, but for most of it he played well enough keep the outcome in doubt. I did say that the Dolphins as a whole would come out wanting to prove those who said Josh had their number wrong, and that Flores was coaching to keep his job. The Fins defense had the Bills completely bollixed in the first half and for much of the second. 

I expect the Bills to come back stronger in their next few games, barring serious injuries. 

Well at least at the end he proved you right about exploding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Today's game is a good example of why I don't think being the 1 seed is the most important. I truly believe teams can lose a little bit of their MOJO during time off 

Maybe.

But even if bye hurts you somehow in the way you describe it is still much better to have it since it is MUCH better to have one less game overall and CG at home.

Edited by No_Matter_What

15 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I thought the 40 yd pass on 4th and 6 from the Buffalo 44 was a great play (now that we won).  Balls Out play.

Of course, it was total weak sauce that we let them convert it, but I liked the Swag that they went for it and Tua hit it for the conversion.

Better than Haack or however you spell his name 

26 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

It's almost as if people do not realize that winning in the NFL is VERY hard. You take them any way you can get them! 

Listening to Allen apologize for the embarrassing win in the post game presser. JHC we used to live for these wins. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Gambit said:

Yeah, we definitely need a new Punter already. Bojo couldn't hold the damn ball correctly on FGs and this dude can't punt to save his damn life.

I do not disagree. However, it is nice that our punter is not the best player on the team like we lived for many years in the Moorman era. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, Heathcliff said:

I do not disagree. However, it is nice that our punter is not the best player on the team like we lived for many years in the Moorman era. 

While I agree with you there but damn, wasn't Moorman fun to watch? Such a talented athlete.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.