Tricks and Treats: Halloween Phins at Bills, Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I thought Sean definitely brought his B-game today.

yeah, what was the deal with not challenging the early Tua knee down/sack, and then we really misused our TO’s at the end of the game. I didn’t even like the use of our last TO before the kick, because now you have no challenges and it also assumes Bass was going to make that kick— we may have needed the TO. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, what was the deal with not challenging the early Tua knee down/sack, and then we really misused our TO’s at the end of the game. I didn’t even like the use of our last TO before the kick, because now you have no challenges and it also assumes Bass was going to make that kick— we may have needed the TO. 

Yes to all that.

Going for it on 4th and 6 right before the half was inexcusably stupid as well.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The classy guys at Finheaven are currently wishing for a career ending injury to Josh Allen so they must be particularly pissed this week.

Seriously, I've never seen so many messages wishing for a serious injury on another player, not even Brady which is pretty amazing.

If any of them happen to be over here right now, I'd just like to say ***** Miami.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My random game afterthoughts:

1. The way the Fins use Waddle is boarderline criminal. He really doesn't fit that offense with Tia.

2. Josh was excellent on the 2nd half. However one pet peeve I have of this is he needs to play football and not worry about pointing out flags mid play. Hate when Brady does it. Hate when Mahomes does it. Just play.

3. I liked what Sweeney did late on the game. I believe I get why the staff was so willing to wait for him to bloom a bit. 

3. Gabe Davis should have the nickname "Cowbell"...because we need more Davis. 

4. Can we trade Feliciano for Bobby Hart? Or would that be too much of a lateral move? 

6. Seems that QBs these days just get the ball out ways too fast to be as heavily invested in a d-line rotation as we are.

7. For the love of all things holy...can we please shred all Daboll's little cute trick plays? 

8. Josh is, in my opinion way more responsible for the Bills offensive success that Daboll is.

9. Edmunds and Milano can lay the lumber out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I don't know, people seemed worried we didn't have enough tough games on the schedule, team finds a solution and now everyone's complaining.

Maybe your on to something. Let’s come up with a crap game plan and see if we can still when. Check. Next week we let the offense play but the d has run prevent all game and still hold them to field goals only. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

My random game afterthoughts:

1. The way the Fins use Waddle is boarderline criminal. He really doesn't fit that offense with Tia.

2. Josh was excellent on the 2nd half. However one pet peeve I have of this is he needs to play football and not worry about pointing out flags mid play. Hate when Brady does it. Hate when Mahomes does it. Just play.

3. I liked what Sweeney did late on the game. I believe I get why the staff was so willing to wait for him to bloom a bit. 

3. Gabe Davis should have the nickname "Cowbell"...because we need more Davis. 

4. Can we trade Feliciano for Bobby Hart? Or would that be too much of a lateral move? 

6. Seems that QBs these days just get the ball out ways too fast to be as heavily invested in a d-line rotation as we are.

7. For the love of all things holy...can we please shred all Daboll's little cute trick plays? 

8. Josh is, in my opinion way more responsible for the Bills offensive success that Daboll is.

9. Edmunds and Milano can lay the lumber out there. 

I am not sure what Daboll saw that made him think we need to throw the majority of passes behind it at the line of scrimmage. It was until we started going downfield that the o did anything. Felt like we had to protect a qb that can’t throw vs the worlds best secondary. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know, people seemed worried we didn't have enough tough games on the schedule, team finds a solution and now everyone's complaining.

It's almost as if people do not realize that winning in the NFL is VERY hard. You take them any way you can get them! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sh*tty grazer helmets made the offense look like the 1971 offense that lost 28-23 to the St. Louis Cardinals 50 years ago today.

Throw them away........not back. :thumbsup:

And Marcus disagrees.

We are allowed our opinions and I am all for nostalgia, but how does it not look like this?

cc968341-6fbf-4fb9-aa86-e745ba43f5d1_1.4e4f2c2eece1a63b0ccd58b9ff19f301.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.