ATL WR Calvin Ridley taking indefinite leave of absence for mental health reasons

Big Turk

15 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Mental health reasons?? What is our country turning into? Pathetic. 

Where I grew up in Cheektowaga, there was a guy who often wandered around the neighborhood muttering nonsense.  He was a WWII veteran suffering from what was called "shell shock" at the time.

We're not becoming mentally weaker.  Mental health problems have always existed in our country.  We simply understand them, and deal with them, in more helpful & sophisticated ways now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

whenever there's a mass shooting one side always mentions mental health. There's also a virus that has killed 700K and made many sick.  Now that people are actually caring for their mental health they are ridiculed. We know nothing of Ridley's personal life. Leave the guy alone

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The fact that you describe a flesh and blood person as “a hourly” explains just how shallow your thinking is.  

I bet he also has very strong opinions on things like minimum wage and paternity leave.

50 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

We're not becoming mentally weaker.  Mental health problems have always existed in our country.  We simply understand them, and deal with them, in more helpful & sophisticated ways now.  

I also bet he also doesn't understand the concept of the correlation between better diagnosing practices and "higher" rates of things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Seems like a good time to refresh our memories of these immortal words from Marshawn Lynch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ismf_hp6Y

Take care of y'all Bodies, take care of y'all Chicken, take care of y'all Mentals

I had a couple players I played with they no longer here no more, they no longer (acknowledgement gesture with hat).....

Start taking care of y'all Mentals, y'all Bodies, and y'all Chicken, then when y'all ready to walk away, you walk away and you be able to do what you want to do.

19 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Mental health reasons?? What is our country turning into? Pathetic. 

Assigning the word pathetic to yourself would be a notably more accurate assessment. 

Semper Fi there fella, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.