ATL WR Calvin Ridley taking indefinite leave of absence for mental health reasons

Big Turk

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Mental health reasons?? What is our country turning into? Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Tell me you don’t follow the Bills without telling me you don’t follow the Bills….

That was 3+ years ago. September of 2018. 

I think he has mental health issues of his own if he has multi year gaps in his memory.  Don’t count on him to get them treated though...

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

The ignore list is my friend. 

The country is turning into a place that realizes people can get treatment and get better, and it isn’t a sign of weakness.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
remove duplicate quotes and text

20 minutes ago, todd said:

The country is turning into a place that realizes people can get treatment and get better, and it isn’t a sign of weakness.

Definitely Kmart on Oak Street….

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, todd said:

I’ve done this myself and been mercilessly crucified. I, however, recognize it as a Halloween tradition and commend you for respecting hallowed practices. Unlike those who wanted to crucify me! (I know who you were.).  :)

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Definitely Kmart on Oak Street….

I think it might have been Elm Street, but who am I to question you?   🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Let me enlighten you just a little so you can be a better human being and hopefully it will even  benefit people who care about you interact with you for one reason or another;  have you ever experienced something totally out of your control, something that happened that you didn’t chose or Cause , but you still did something reflexive like coughing , or breathing , or half a heartbeat  , or have a bowel movement ( eg like diarrhea) …….you get the idea?   It’s like you experiencing some emotion to me writing this, you can’t help but feel something right ,,,,like who is this ass speaking to me or whatever you are thinking or feeling right as you see this !?   Have you ever had a sore throat or caught a cold ,,,,,and did you chose willfully to have the symptoms associated with those viral illnesses?   Perhaps you have NEVER experienced an illness and you are the first perfect human being God has created ( just betting the odds are pretty much against that , but at least thought I would ask ! )?  Have you met or heard about any  human beings with diabetes for example while you have been at least physically present ?  

Well, that’s how mental health works ; just like your heart beating and your brain stem triggering you to breathe , symptoms occur , real physical symptoms, that you never chose or asked for, or have any control over at least at some point and for some duration!  If this guy had diabetes that suddenly elevated his sugar to dangerous levels , would you think he was pathetic because that happened even tho he may have never been diagnosed with diabetes before the first episode of uncontrolled blood sugar levels threatened his life, or do you know it was only possible to be his fault or the reaction to something he did ?  Just asking as I don’t know your life experience at all, in all sincerity.  That’s the analogy with mental health.  No one CHOSES to have their heartbeat race, feel short of breath , break out in a cold sweat etc.  It’s call physiology , neurotransmitters ( natural chemicals ) creating uncontrollable symptoms and feelings, and they can mimic things like a heart attack where the only way to differentiate them is with actual blood work being analyzed.  What a concept !  

I realize you are probably just being funny or sarcastic , but wanted to take the chance to help someone less enlightened than you to understand how mental health and a human central nervous system work.  It’s like you having no control over your love of the Bills,,,,most of the time it’s a glorious thing but then there are things like Hail Murray or Music  City Miracle !   That should probably break it down to something we all can relate to. Happy Halloween , and I wish that guy all the best as one human to another and it took courage to explain that publicly so he at least has some good character traits to build on !   🍸👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I feel for him if he's making it public and hope he gets the help he needs. Not armchair diagnosing as the brain is weird and it could be a million things, but I know people who have such crippling anxiety that going to the store is a problem, let alone functioning in a class or work environment. I think there's probably a correlation with joking about this and self medicating to the point where you don't know what year it is in which case you're kind of proving that mental health is serious.

Edited by Nelius

I would never ignore such a poster; might miss the gems.

He disparaged a person working to improve his mental health (and having the courage to admit it publicly), labeled another human being he worked with "a hourly" (defined a person based on his monetary compensation structure) and celebrated that person's loss of said income while also cherry-picking a context-less anecdote to show us how LaZy people are now.

An empathetic visionary. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.