Halloween ‘21 Gameday Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

The "Halloween" game I remember  was in 1973 (was October 29th) against Len Dawson and the KC Chiefs. It was the Bills very first MNF game. That was the game that OJ went over 1000 yards in the 7th game of the season (14 games long then). We were all going wild in the stands and there were tons of costumes.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree this has the potential to be a dangerous game. Everyone is laughing at Miami's chances, Bills are huge favorites, Tua feels unwanted and therefore has even more motivation. 

Bills are usually great under McD coming off a bye but there's always a chance a team comes out a little flat after a break.

I'd be surprised if we lose this one but not shocked

I would be hella disappointed.

As McDermott has said, the "Underdog Mentality" can take you a long way, but eventually a championship-caliber team has to learn how to win when they're the favorites

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Is there any chance the Bills start Tommy Doyle at RT today? I assume the assumption is either Ford/Boettger starts at Guard and Williams kicks back out 

He's on the depth chart as the backup RT, but I think that's more-or-less an exercise in putting everyone on the 53 man roster into a slot and/or a certain degree of uncertainty how the Bills would handle this.

I'm pretty sure Williams is the 2nd best RT on the team at this point (and it's not close), so we see Williams slide back over to RT.  Then the question is do we see Boettger step in at RG or LG while Feliciano handles whichever is the other side? 

Or do we see Ford get another shot at RG?

I'm sure the Bills know but they aren't telling.  Maybe a reporter will tweet watching warmups.

Not Kim’s best segment there on NFL Network Pregame talking about Blake and Reid Ferguson. Said it’s the first time brothers are squaring off on the field? False. What about the Edmunds brothers the last few years and week 1 (Steelers and Bills) OR even the other times last year these guys faced each other (or week 2)? She also said Blake Ferguson is hoping for a lot of punt snaps for the Bills today and that both brothers could agree on that. False. Why would Reid want to be out there snapping for a punt? Extra points first, field goals second. Punts a distant third and only if we are up big and trying to coast. I think she didn’t get her thoughts out clearly there in trying to make both points. 

Kim is usually exceptional, but not her best there. 

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not Kim’s best segment there on NFL Network Pregame talking about Blake and Reid Ferguson. Said it’s the first time brothers are squaring off on the field? False. What about the Edmunds brothers the last few years and week 1 (Steelers and Bills) OR even the other times last year these guys faced each other (or week 2)? She also said Blake Ferguson is hoping for a lot of punt snaps for the Bills today and that both brothers could agree on that. False. Why would Reid want to be out there snapping for a punt? Extra points first, field goals second. Punts a distant third and only if we are up big and trying to coast. I think she didn’t get her thoughts out clearly there in trying to make both points. 

Kim is usually exceptional, but not her best there. 

She clearly misspoke when she said brothers only, surely she meant brothers as long-snappers.  Your second point was that Blake said he hoped that Reid snapped a lot of punts, "AND THAT THE FEELING WAS MUTUAL", meaning Reid also hoped that Blake snapped a lot of punts.