Maliek Collins -the Bills perfect trade deadline addition

JohnNord

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Like I said…watching Collins Week 3 versus Buffalo.

Then watch the Bills interior versus Tennessee on Monday night.

Yes, a huge improvement 

different teams and personnel playing, it doesn’t automatically mean an equal outcome, 

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Like I said…watching Collins Week 3 versus Buffalo.

Then watch the Bills interior versus Tennessee on Monday night.

Yes, a huge improvement 

Nah. 

Judging the Bills int line by one game is ridiculous. Same with Collins. You have to look at how they perform over time. And the Bills D-line has been good this year. 

Collins is not that great, though OK.

Might be an upgrade, but not all that big of one. Worth looking at, probably, as he's affordable. 

Joe has Collins as "extremely underrated." I think that's far overstating it. Joe suggests bringing him in as a rotational pass rusher, and that's where he'd be, the #3 or #4 DT. He's got one sack this year and none last year. I looked for pressures and QB hits and couldn't find any mention of them on free media this year, which says something, but last year he was awful at pressures in Oakland. "Huge improvement" is just not supported.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah. 

Judging the Bills int line by one game is ridiculous. Same with Collins. You have to look at how they perform over time. And the Bills D-line has been good this year. 

Collins is not that great, though OK.

Might be an upgrade, but not all that big of one. Worth looking at, probably, as he's affordable. 

Joe has Collins as "extremely underrated." I think that's far overstating it. Joe suggests bringing him in as a rotational pass rusher, and that's where he'd be, the #3 or #4 DT. He's got one sack this year and none last year. I looked for pressures and QB hits and couldn't find any mention of them on free media this year, which says something, but last year he was awful at pressures in Oakland. "Huge improvement" is just not supported.

I think he’d be a big improvement over what Ed Oliver and Vernon Butler bring at 3 Technique.  Ed makes splashy plays when he’s blocked 1 on 1.  Gets swallowed up with a double team.  Rarely makes a big sack when you need him to.  I think bringing Collins in would be a great move

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I can’t get obsessed with trade deadline topics. I do NOT know the answer to this, it’s a serious question, but…..when is the last time we actually made a significant trade at the deadline? 

I’m a tad more concerned about stumbling across a Peter Pan post, but maybe that’s just me. 

OK, maybe one more Ertz thread, but then THAT is it! 

EDIT: I finally skimmed the entire OP. Do we really need another guy for the DL? Especially one with a contract that ends in a few months? We are pretty full there already. Find replacements in the offseason shuffle. You tend to pay a premium at the deadline. I see no need to do that, or to pick another random guy we should trade for. It takes two to tango, and the tango is rare for a reason. 

Comp picks Auger !
Look at the Big Picture my friend  lol

18 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Go back and watch the Tennesee game.  The pass rush was missing after the first 2 series.  Collins is a major improvement as a pass rusher over anyone else on the defensive line 

True. Because we were so confused by the run gm and play action.  

I watched today n our pass rush was phenomenal.  Not even sure the sack numbers but we had consistent pressure which is all I care about... 

Oliver with another impressive performance. Maybe not on the stat sheet but he did damage in the backfield overall.  Caused chaos 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

True. Because we were so confused by the run gm and play action.  

I watched today n our pass rush was phenomenal.  Not even sure the sack numbers but we had consistent pressure which is all I care about... 

Oliver with another impressive performance. Maybe not on the stat sheet but he did damage in the backfield overall.  Caused chaos 

I will give you the fact that Oliver had a great game today. We need to see more of that on a consistent basis

I have always thought that, barring injuries, our extra DE DT were around to be trade bait just before the deadline.  Still might happen but at a cheaper return. I would be willing  (  well OBD haven't asked my opinion at this time), to almost unload one of our DE/DT surplus people to clear a roster spot and then go pouch a light potential guard off of somebody elses practice squad to stash him for the OG competition next year and before the 2022 draft. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-5-nfl-practice-squad-power-rankings-2021-what-are-the-texans-doing-with-their-practice-squad/