Panthers willing to trade McCaffrey, should Bills go all in?

Sherlock Holmes

7 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Another guy made of glass....no thanks.

I think the Bills are doing it the right way at RB using a 3rd round pick or lower  and adding lower tier FA's on short deals.

Paying huge money or drafting a RB high are not options for this regime.

Besides its a passing league now and the Bills have a great QB.

You just need the backs to hit the hole once in a while to keep the pass rush at bay.

Moss and Singles can do that.

Yes but McCaffrey can see most of his touches as passes:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

Sherlock, my comments on no to CMAC is not in an injury prone remark, just the team like Earl Campbell, Shawn Alexander, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson and so on have a shelf life.  Now before you rebut buddy with those guys we’re pounders and you’d be right, he’s given so many all purpose touches it’s breaking down his body.  That’s not injury prone, that’s simply a body getting beaten down with so many all purpose touches he can’t stay on the field.

Historically, once a RB gets beaten up too bad, they fall off fast.  Even the great Gale Sayers only made it a handful of years as his knees couldn’t hold up.

Derrick Henry was a monster in 2019 and dragged the Titans to the AFCCG on his back but looked precipitously different between the first playoff game and the championship game.  Add to that a monster RB contract and no way.  Please know a healthy CMAC has been my favorite RB for the last several years, but he may not be what he was two years ago.

One other editorial is watch Henry once the Titans get to the playoffs.  He’s the king now, but on pace for well over 400 carries.  What are the Titans without the threat of Henry?  This is one of the main reasons I’m not worried about the Titans in the playoffs.  Henry will not be the same on his 19th game.  They will win the South and we will win the East so it’s likely we don’t see each other until at least divisional week.  The human body even a freak like his are not meant to take that kind of pounding.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.