Panthers willing to trade McCaffrey, should Bills go all in?

Sherlock Holmes

3 hours ago, unbillievable said:

How many RBs in the league are worth legit #1 contracts? Maybe 3?

I'm not even advocating trading for him, I just don't agree Singletary and Moss are solely held back by the o-line. They miss some opportunities that are there and contribute almost nothing as pass catchers. If we had a RB anywhere near the level of McCaffrey we would be unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nope. We drafted rb's back to back in the 3rd round so we could avoid high salaries at the position. After Josh's contract, we need to scrimp at certain positions to stay under the cap. The draft capital and money we would need to make this deal happen would be completely impractical.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Since I have no faith in him being healthy for the playoffs I don't want him with that contract. He is a supreme talent but unreliable.

In other words, the offensive equivalent of JJ Watt.

Edited by Special K
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

All in?  What does that mean?  Trading a high pick for a guy who has played just 6 games the last 2 years?  Is this serious?

This is a bit of hyperbole 6 games in two years? He has played 22 out of 40 games. In 2020 he had some unfortunate injuries, and may have come back later in the season but the Panthers were 4-8 ish and why bother? In 2021 he came back strong as ever with 364 yards of offense in two games. Yes he injured his hamstring this year. That can happen to anyone. In fact it has happened to both of our running backs.

I don't know anything about a potential trade but bottom line is McCaffrey puts us over the top if he is healthy at the cost of a high draft pick. If he somehow stays injured, it was worth the gamble for a super bowl. Its not like the guy is going to fall apart and never play again, its a damn hamstring.

In most cases I would say no way at all. But then I think of our offense the way it is with McCaffery added to it at RB and I'd be willing to give up at least next year's 1st for him to get to a SB. He's the only RB outside of  Derrick Henry that I would do that for

Edited by Buffalo03

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Dude, how you gona tell me what I meant on something I wrote....I have explained this multiple times and made it clear. Maybe read up thread and reconsider non sense statements like that making you look silly. 

LOL, you whip out the X-men card and can see inside my mind and tell me what I meant when I make a statement. Damn, some of you guys here are really something else..

We can't read your mind, which is why we read what you wrote. We responded to that.

We also understand that your mistake was that you didn't write what you really meant to say.

"...but regardless (or irregardless) of contract it still not worth it imo."

The above statement is so blatantly wrong, that an explanation was required from you to explain your reasoning. It boggled the mind that in response, your only caveat was to change "regardless" to "irregardless"; A grammar correction.

To make matters worse, when pressed further, you try to clarify what you really meant, got butthurt over it, then acted snarky by demanding an apology because we were "wrong" in correctly interpreting what you incorrectly wrote down the first time.

"...you didn't really mean regardless" (or irregardless)

Basically, your excuse is that you know what you meant to say, and that you were correct in your own head, so we have to admit we were wrong, because we can't read your mind. That is insane.

All because you refuse to admit you are wrong, despite insisting it is something you routinely admit to.

Is my re-up of the thread silly?

Edited by unbillievable
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not even advocating trading for him, I just don't agree Singletary and Moss are solely held back by the o-line. They miss some opportunities that are there and contribute almost nothing as pass catchers. If we had a RB anywhere near the level of McCaffrey we would be unstoppable.

They contribute as pass catchers.

And the fact that they don't contribute more mostly comes down to Josh wanting to go longer.

If we had an RB anywhere near the level of McCaffrey we still wouldn't use him enough to make it worthwhile paying him what McCaffrey gets. We'd probably trade him in his third year and bring in another 3rd rounder.

A healthy McCaffrey really is a weapon, though. He'd take gadget plays too.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This all Makes sense.

Yeah, totally. If I were the Fins I'd demand pick protections. Not sure I'd give them if I was the Texans, but I'd strongly consider it. They need to put this mess behind them.

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey doesn't need blocking

They all do.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.