If we get to the SB...any fear of Tampa Bay?

Success

Allen is at a whole other level when rolling outside the pocket—watching Brady if forced to roll out, is almost painful…his game more so than ever is one dimensional, and yes, his supporting cast covers up a lot of warts—but there is a template our pass rush could hopefully take advantage of. 

• Like (+1) 2

I try to play in my head how this team would  react to being on the big stage. I’m sure the lead up to the game Mcd would do his best to keep the the team level headed to a point. But distractions will be everywhere. Once the day and game come...even though this is a new team and era, the history from the city stand point of what a win would mean and feel! I can’t help think the pressure the players will feel... this board will be full out panic in the lead up. Like we can somehow talk for three pages about worrying about Heineke and the Redskins..or Tuas breakout game after strong showing against the Jags and Falcons. 

Would Josh be amped up or what!

On the other side you potentially could be facing the Goat whose been in every game imaginable. The experience of being there time after time is such an advantage in my opinion.

time to get rolling and put it all together. Win the games we are supposed to win..and battle to the end in the others.. We will need a bit of luck as well to  stay healthy, humble and hungry. 

All I know is when it’s our time. I am shutting my doors for Super Monday and will forever take the day off work for the rest of humanity. 

35 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well, even though KC is 3-4 I'd still consider it a win against a good team

I would’ve agreed with you a few weeks ago but they haven’t been a good team this year.  

Giving up 29 points a game, their D has been putrid in 6 of 7 games.  I just don’t see how a team can be regarded as “good” with a defense that is as bad as theirs.  

Even with a great offense (and their offense has been far from great), it’s hard to be “good” with a sieve D.  Their vaunted offense has 17 turnovers.  Next highest has 12.  Also a league worst +/-

They’ve played a beast of a schedule….. but I still can’t call them a good football team until I see them play good football.  I haven’t seen it.  It was a great win at the time…..but this is just how I see it.  They don’t get a pass based on their recent success.

I'm afraid of them. I don't really understand how Brady does it, he's still arguably top 3 in the league. Dude is regularly throwing for 400 yards at 49 years old, it's incredible. And he seemingly spreads the rejuvenation because now Fournette is now back on track and having one of his better years.

And I'm a gigantic Mike Evans fan, and he's still just warming up this season. Quietly one of the best, HOF bound if he keeps it up. The kind of ridiculous WR that will ***** a soul crushing game winning TD. I think the Bills can take them, but I find them to be the second scariest team in the NFC right now - Cowboys, Bucs, Packers, Cardinals in that order for me now. 

"I could make you scared, if you want me to"

If The Bills get there, you just know, and it's probably perfect poetic justice that they will get to vanquish one of their historic demons.  So the script lines up as ... go through the "Brady in the SB" legacy, after years of just any given Sunday torture at his hands, or do we get really ambitious and bite off a piece of our therapy inducing Super Bowl issues vs America's team.  This is tough stuff, football fan psychiatric gold!  

Best I can go with is letting history inform my gut.  There was a time that seeing Miami creeping up on the schedule always put a knot in mine.  It always felt like a certain terror awaited, a humbling reality check following us down a dark alley.  Of course, that Dolphin ghost story died away decades ago and that reversal will always be one of my favorite memories and occupies a most satisfying place in my current Bills fan psyche.  

Now we've landed in the 21st century and have lived (or maybe are still living in) the awful sequel, produced all too well.  Brady seems to have taken on, and perfected the role of the dark alley stalker for The Bills.  He's just always been there around the corner, waiting with that menacing, soul lacking look in his eyes.  There was a piece of me, albeit a small piece, that felt relief watching the Super Bowl last year thinking how horrific it would have felt to see the Bills reviving their Super Bowl notoriety at the hands of Brady.  Football PTSD!  No, no thank you... not today Tommy.

On the other hand, we have the Dallas Cowboys.  If you were a Bills fan in the 90's, it's hard to envision wanting another bite of that s*** sandwich.  I'm seeing the pledge in Animal House...  "Thank you sir.  May I have another?"

The ridiculously atrophied area of my Bills fan brain that is rational understands that none of this is real, that that is all old history.  So what?  Being a Bills fan has never been about reason or logic.  It's the trip, stupid!  And for my money, my best trip sees us handling Brady in a few weeks right where he has long menaced us, in the regular season.  Maybe we do our part in keeping him out of one last big dance.  Any one remember how great in felt to chase Don Shula into retirement?  And peaking in the Super Bowl by chasing one last demon, America's Team...  Well what could be better than that?  That would be one seriously good day.  It's halloween damn it, where is my chainsaw?  

"If you're prepared..."

Edited by cwater10

Getting to the SB and losing would be a huge fear to start. I watched them defy the odds and do it 4 straight time times in the 90s. Wide right was one of the worst moments of my young adult life and still is devastatingly sad. Add  losing to Brady and that would be like getting your heart ripped out. Of course winning a SB would erase much of that and doing it against Brady? would be absolutely amazing.  I just hope they can get there and this time play their best game. The Bills never even played close to what they were capable of in any of those SBs and that was the worst tragedy of all. They choked and were poorly prepared. Unfortunately Marv also was outcoached in the games as well. If they get back to the SB I hope it all comes together at the right time.

Buffalo has the talent to play with anybody.  If they play to their potential, I'm not afraid of anybody.  If they play like the offense played in the first half versus Miami today, I'm afraid of Jacksonville, Detroit and Houston.  It's essentially up to the Bills themselves.

After winning vs Baltimore last year, I truly felt like it was going to be our year… we exorcised so many demons in one season: Josh turned elite, #2 in MVP, division sweep, had tied our best record, defense was playing well enough, etc. it just felt like we were destined to get to the bowl and win the thing vs the biggest source of pain for 20 years vs our franchise. I wanted Brady then. 

Things are different now. I care so little about the past, about exorcising demons, about getting respect from the national media (although it is nice we are getting it finally). All I care about is winning. It doesn’t matter who we face, or where we play, or the individual accolades we collect. All that matters is a Lombardi coming home to Buffalo.

if we face Brady? So be it. If we face Dallas? Same sentiment. The headlines will all be about the previous 2 SB games we played them in. It’s not 1994. Our QB wasn’t even born when that game happened. 

Whoever it is that’s in our way goes down. Respect who they are and what they do, but don’t fear them. Our time is coming, whether anyone else likes it or not.

”it’s us, and only us.”

Edited by KingBoots8

10 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Buffalo has the talent to play with anybody.  If they play to their potential, I'm not afraid of anybody.  If they play like the offense played in the first half versus Miami today, I'm afraid of Jacksonville, Detroit and Houston.  It's essentially up to the Bills themselves.

and it had nothing to do with Miami planning REALLY hard to counter JA?

obvs the Bills made the better 3nd half adjustments 

If we do make it to the Super Bowl who ever it is they better respect them for making i there because it won't be because they just so happened to be in because of the numbers game other than that teams TD numbers were higher than their opponents ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.