If we get to the SB...any fear of Tampa Bay?

Success

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are (and I'm a fan, so I don't have to take it one game at a time).

I do think the Bills have the best team in the AFC.  The playoffs can always hinge on a few bounces of the ball, but I really like our chances to get to the big game this year.

Maybe it's PTSD from 20 years of Brady, but the idea of him waiting there for us is kind of like "the sound of inevitability" from the Matrix or something.  Just this thing that won't go away, that we can't avoid and that seems to have some weird paranormal edge over Buffalo.  But well beyond that is a team that - when healthy - has units that are almost at an all-pro level in terms of personnel.  The defense can be fierce, and the offense has more weapons than any team in the league. 

They made KC look like amateurs last year (granted, the injuries to the O-line really hurt KC in that game).

It would be a great challenge, but personally, I'll be rooting for any other team in the NFC once the playoffs start.  Am I overplaying it?  

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They're a good tough team, I mean I believe we can beat them I don't see them as better than this team. I mean we get to that game and I'd just hope for the best but not be too pessimistic about the team if it doesn't work out.

I can't relate to this kind of rational thought.

To tell the truth.....I always had that bad/worried/unconfident kinda of feeling that goes down to pit of my stomach each and every time we played against Brady all those years. So I'm sure if it plays out that way the PSD likely kicks in lol. But won't be as bad knowing it's not the same ol Bills now.

It's not a fear as much as a distaste. I prefer not to watch any game that Brady plays in, because I'm tired of listening to announcers riding his jock throughout the game. Put him in another Super Bowl and the effect is amplified.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Success said:

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are (and I'm a fan, so I don't have to take it one game at a time).

I do think the Bills have the best team in the AFC.  The playoffs can always hinge on a few bounces of the ball, but I really like our chances to get to the big game this year.

Maybe it's PTSD from 20 years of Brady, but the idea of him waiting there for us is kind of like "the sound of inevitability" from the Matrix or something.  Just this thing that won't go away, that we can't avoid and that seems to have some weird paranormal edge over Buffalo.  But well beyond that is a team that - when healthy - has units that are almost at an all-pro level in terms of personnel.  The defense can be fierce, and the offense has more weapons than any team in the league. 

They made KC look like amateurs last year (granted, the injuries to the O-line really hurt KC in that game).

It would be a great challenge, but personally, I'll be rooting for any other team in the NFC once the playoffs start.  Am I overplaying it?  

I hope we play Arizona.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I like Mcdermott’s scheme vs Brady.  There secondary is bad.  Good passing attacks moved the ball with ease on them.  Its a close game but not afraid.   

Good call on that. He has defended Brady well in the past.

And like another poster said - it would be cool to beat Brady in the big one.  That would exorcise a few demons for me.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Good call on that. He has defended Brady well in the past.

And like another poster said - it would be cool to beat Brady in the big one.  That would exorcise a few demons for me.

That would be something.  Honestly, I would probably want any other team.  Losing to 40+ Brady for a Superbowl would be terrible.  Winning it is just as sweet no matter who you beat.  

• Agree 1

There is a chance that if it is Tampa, and we do make it to the big show, that Groot or someone on our DL actually breaks the 44 year old Brady before the game is done and Tampa falls apart in epic fashion.

Not wishing for injury, but when you are 44 the clock has ticked well past midnight for most humans on being able to play a physical sport against men in their 20's and early 30's.

I don't care what deal he has made with the devil, or how fast he gets rid of the ball...payment is past due.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.