Uh oh….. Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs might have one of the most toxic fan bases in all of sports

The 9 Isles

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? Forbes estimated that the NFL would lose 38% of its total revenues if 2020 were played entirely without fans.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2020/05/18/the-stadium-revenue-each-nfl-team-will-lose-if-games-are-played-without-fans/

As it was, with some stadia full and others limited or empty, NFL revenues dropped by 4 billion dollars, or about 25%

That's a pretty large drop out of the bucket

Okay, maybe I spoke out my azs to a degree, what I said is more accurate than what the poster I commented on stated, by the way, do those numbers reflect the new TV / advertising contract dollars?  But getting back to the poster who seems to think he and his cohort have some kind of “right” well that’s still a lol statement, in which they chose to view…. That they chose to view affords them no rights, 

Go Bills!!!

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

The advertising dollars don't materialize without the fans. 

It also does not afford any rights, being that viewing is optional…, 

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Players don’t play for fans. They play for their teammates and themselves.

act accordingly

Do you really believe that Josh Allen doesn’t play for the us at all?  Sure, his teammates, staff and family are higher on the totem pole, but I assure you that he plays for us.  I can’t say every player does….. but Josh Allen does

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It also does not afford any rights, being that viewing is optional…, 

How about the right to complain? You're 'advertising pays the rent' point was in response to:

"The people that fund every reason the NFL exists, have every right to complain about player and team performances."

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lol...Wonder if his agent told him to apologize or Reid, staff etc? Or did he decide to apologize on his own?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The fans don’t fund hardly any of it, the advertising contract dollars are where the money comes from, ticket and merchandise sales are a drop in the bucket by comparison, it’s so funny that some fans actually think this…, 

Seriously?  It's amazing that you don’t know why advertising money is given.

social media: more of a blessing or a curse in our world...hmmmmmm..I would say that depends on how you choose to partake of it. The internet is forever tis a very different existance than I could/would have ever imagined living through. Instnt communication  instant knowledge instant Dirt instant backpedal...its getting Routine!

lol amirite?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Seriously?  It's amazing that you don’t know why advertising money is given.

I absolutely do, it is to get (in this case) Football fans to spend money on stuff that will likely be in a land fill with in a years time, your argument doesn’t hold water, being that you voluntarily view does not give you “rights”,  that is like saying someone watching Jeopardy has supposed rights because of the advertising revenue gained during the program, it’s as laughable as what you stated.

At least we will both be in agreement that the Bills are going to kick the Fins azsez for sixty straight minutes, 👍

Go Bills!!!

If you've been on the Chiefs forum you'll see they are particularly vile. It's all half naked women avatars (because they're REAL men) and lots of tough, manly talk with lots of cussing. But there doesn't seem to be a lot between the ears.

If you could attribute a film director to each team's fanbase then KC would definitely be Michael Bay

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/30/2021 at 6:07 AM, The 9 Isles said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/30/tyrann-mathieu-chiefs-might-have-one-of-the-most-toxic-fan-bases-in-all-of-sports/

“This might be one of the most toxic fan bases in all of sports,” Mathieu wrote on his verified Instagram account.

Mathieu was agreeing with Hitchens, who posted a comment defending himself after the Chiefs fan account listed Hitchens’ contract as one of the three worst moves from Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach.

“All we did was go to 3 AFC championship games and 2 Super Bowls and 1 SB win in my first 3 years here so far,” Hitchens wrote. “y’all fans will never be satisfied it’s sad!”

Funny but I remember in the 90s when a lot of people in Buffalo complained about Kelly everyone he threw a pick or got embarrassed on MNF by Pittsburgh or “the bickering Bills” after every loss even though we won like crazy. Seems like we forget that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.