Kahale Warring in Week 8 …. Active?

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I am guessing he was elevated so will be active. Giving at least two TE active 

The Bills feature a lot of 11 personnel and some 12 down at the goal line.

With that kind of game planning having the 2 TE depth on the bench would be the smart move in case Sweeny gets dinged during the game.

Figured they would just roll with Sweeny and Gilliam, but we will see.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know.  He might be. 

But the Bills have elevated practice squad guys before, then made them inactive.

If they're replacing a guy who is injured during warmups or who becomes ill overnight, they can't do a call-up from the PS at that point except in very limited circs.

Can you remind me?  From my recollection we have a lot that have played. Dane Jackson (2x last year), Cam Lewis, off the top of my head. Isn’t making them inactive burning one of their 2 call ups. Who would be the TE that would be made inactive before game day?

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

To stop GB from signing him off our practice squad? 

I think he can get elevated and go immediately back on the PS without clearing waivers, without the Bills needing to clear a spot on the 53 for him.

In which case, GB or anyone else can make him an offer

If we want to preclude that, we need to keep him on the 53 and....cut someone, or trade them

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Can you remind me?  From my recollection we have a lot that have played. Dane Jackson (2x last year), Cam Lewis, off the top of my head. Isn’t making them inactive burning one of their 2 call ups. Who would be the TE that would be made inactive before game day?

Correct, does burn one of their two "free callups" (where the player don't need to clear waivers after the game to go back on PS)

Agree, for the most part when the Bills bring up a guy from the PS he is active

It turns out to be surprisingly hard to find this info.

Jordan Devey (OL) was one last season - they wanted to  be certain they had enough OLmen to get the extra roster spots I think

pretty sure there was another OL they did this with

Davis Webb was another though you could argue he was a special case, the Bills wanted to give him a $30k "Thank You"

Duke Williams was elevated 2x last season, played in one game, inactive the other I think

I'm not following the last question

The Bills have gone with just Knox and Gilliam as the only TE active on game day this season, with Sweeney a healthy scratch

So I think it's possible they might go with just Sweeney and Gilliam, count on Bates as an extra blocker and on the downfield blocking of Davis and Kumerow

But  I don't know, and they could easily decide to dress Knox, Gilliam, and Warring

Had to use Google to learn about the tight end position

Warring played wide receiver in high school so when he attempted to walk-on at San Diego State, the team told him they wanted to play him at tight end. Warring wasn’t familar with the position so he did what everyone does when they are unsure of something. He Googled it.

Via HoustonTexans.com:

“When I came in, they had to teach me about the ‘A’ gap, ‘B’ gap and ‘C’ gap,” Warring said on his time at San Diego State. “We didn’t have a tight end in our offense in high school, so I played receiver. When coaches called me to walk on at San Diego State, they told me they wanted me to play tight end. I just went with it. I had to Google what tight end was right after. That’s a funny story.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/10/who-is-kahale-warring-bills-elevate-te-for-dolphins-matchup-6-things-to-know.html

Question: how common is it that a HS football player entering a college program wouldn't know that terminology?  (I had the impression overall that he was just really really raw at football, almost an "International Pathways Program" raw

image.thumb.png.667f369247297d3b392e7abb3ed5dcfd.png

Could just be me, but "try to put himself in a position to start learning how we do things" (from Daboll this week) doesn't sound like a guy Daboll plans to feature too much (cue "4D Chess" "Smokescreen").  "Good hands" is promising though.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/10/who-is-kahale-warring-bills-elevate-te-for-dolphins-matchup-6-things-to-know.html

Question: how common is it that a HS football player entering a college program wouldn't know that terminology?  (I had the impression overall that he was just really really raw at football, almost an "International Pathways Program" raw

image.thumb.png.667f369247297d3b392e7abb3ed5dcfd.png

Could just be me, but "try to put himself in a position to start learning how we do things" (from Daboll this week) doesn't sound like a guy Daboll plans to feature too much (cue "4D Chess" "Smokescreen").  "Good hands" is promising though.

Kahalekuiokalani Michael Wodehouse Warring. Wow, that’s a mouth full!! 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:49 PM, NewEra said:

I figure he has a better chance than any TE in the league to catch a TD this week. Might not get all the touches, but I see a floor of 9- 12 pts for him.

or maybe I’m the crazy one 

I like your kinda crazy

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.