Kahale Warring in Week 8 …. Active?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sorry about the earworm but at least it’s Billy Joel 

I'm definitely more interested in a player with that kind of athleticism, but I imagine it'll take a bit more time. Sweeney is the trusted guy. Maybe Warring in a couple weeks if Knox is still out, to torch them Jets.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I'm definitely more interested in a player with that kind of athleticism, but I imagine it'll take a bit more time. Sweeney is the trusted guy. Maybe Warring in a couple weeks if Knox is still out, to torch them Jets.

I think they have been talking up Sweeney a bit too much this week and it may be calculated

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's what I think.

Judging by the Bills past history with practice squad elevations, it would not surprise me if we see an OLman and a TE (probably Warring but who knows?) elevated from the PS but then become a gameday inactive.  The reason to elevate the players at those positions being to provide "next man up" in case the starter at that position becomes ill or has an injury in warmups or something.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean we're not rolling with one TE Sweeney has still been playing while Knox has so someone is bound to be coming up.

In his presser Allen mentioned Sweeney, Davis, and Kumerow as players who could step up for Knox.  Of course, that could hypothetically all be a smokescreen.

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean we're not rolling with one TE Sweeney has still been playing while Knox has so someone is bound to be coming up.

Exactly this, Sweeney is currently our #1 TE, not super athletic, but can catch a pass, and block, so he will be filling that roll until Knox is back, if our practice squad guys were better than Sweeney one of them would already be the #2 TE. I just hope the team brings a pissed off, out to prove something attitude into this game, and kicks the Fins azsez for sixty straight minutes,

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My prediction is he is will be elevated from the PS for Sunday and outsnap Tommy Sweeney. I may be right. I may be crazy. 

You better be crazy!!  I’m starting Sweeney in all 4 of my leagues. Replacing knox and Waller 

Edited by NewEra
  • Shocked 1

I don't think it's crazy that he's active. I'm kind of expecting it. It's either him or Morris and Warring has more experience. Also has been in the building for a couple months - so he probably has a grasp on how the offense works by now. He has impressive skills and was drafted above Dawson in the 3rd Round. I don't think he'll outsnap Tommy Sweeney, however. Sweeney's been active as the only other TE on the roster while Warring's been on the Practice Squad. If they saw Warring as a better option than Sweeney, it would have been the other way around by now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 4

Warring was such an intriguing prospect, but the injury bug and failing to pickup Texan's playbook.

The Texans have been such a dumpster fire it makes you wonder if they just failed to nurture the raw talent. The kid really had no chance... getting a severe concussion the year he was drafted at a joint preseason practice with Green Bay.

At 6.5 with 4.6 speed if he could get back to 100% and develop in the Bill's system he could be a waiver steal. NE was willing to take a shot on him till Bill stroked some hefty checks to bring in veteran TE help for his green QB. Not a bad side bet for the Bills to stash for a while to see what they have.

A lot of good TEs in that 2019 class, but the 2 that I wanted the Bills to take (Oliver and Warring) spent their first 2 years on IR. In hindsight, glad we had Knox just for his durability.

...and what a few years in Detroit did for T J Hockenson ...

images (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.