Spencer Brown likely out vs Phins, back injury

Inigo Montoya

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope he’s ok, doesn’t sound too serious since McDermott didn’t declare him out even with no practice. But I don’t expect him to play this week. 

I expect Dawkins - Mongo - Morse - Ford -D Williams 

Very possible.  The alternative might be to go with Boettger instead of Ford.  Depends on what McDermott thinks about Ford and Boettger

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/63777/spencer-brown

Looks like we're going to see a new "best five" against the Phins this week.

Do we know that Brown suffered a back injury in training as this link says?

Because he struggled a lot against the Titans - seems entirely possible he got injured there and it just hasn't healed enough yet

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Ford is a better fit at RG than LG but we will see. 

I don't think that was the question, more whether they think Boettger can play RG?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope he’s ok, doesn’t sound too serious since McDermott didn’t declare him out even with no practice. But I don’t expect him to play this week. 

I expect McDermott didn't want to give the Dolphins certainty

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's the lineup I'd expect as well.

Ford is not a bad kid, was hoping he would work out with a move to G having to cover less ground.

Would be good for the Bills and Cody if he could put together some solid film.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

With Linemen it’s best to be overly cautious on backs and necks.  A lot of guys shorten their career from trying to push through back injuries.

Especially tall big guys, 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I dread the thought of Ford being on the field. I'd much rather move Feliciano to RG and have Boettger at LG. 

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Five Mississippis?

“Mississippi? I said count to five.”- Friends watchers will get that one

I have a sneaking suspicion they may be managing the rookies snaps as well. Any sign of an injury is a good time to load manage, it doesn’t hurt that the opponent this week is Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

That's the lineup I'd expect as well.

Ford is not a bad kid, was hoping he would work out with a move to G having to cover less ground.

Would be good for the Bills and Cody if he could put together some solid film.

Last time when Mongo was out was the same week they changed everything else up and went with Brown and Williams inside along with Ike starting.  This would be the opposite side for Ike, maybe for that reason they stick with Ford.  But last time when Mongo was out, I'd have expected them not to change up the other side the same week and just make one change and play Ike, maybe then switch up the other side the next week.  But they weren't afraid that time to make 3 changes on the line.   So wouldn't rule out Ike as the starter at all IMO

4 hours ago, H2o said:

I dread the thought of Ford being on the field. I'd much rather move Feliciano to RG and have Boettger at LG. 

That's kind of where I am if Boettger isn't comfortable at RG.

I will say I looked at the depth chart and saw where PFFffft is coming from

image.thumb.png.5cb0a401d0a9915ffa329e639edbad69.png

Doyle is listed as the backup to Williams.  But I suspect that's a PR effort to put the 53 man roster into depth chart slots more than an actual statement of how the Bills adjust to injuries.  For example, if (avert!) Sanders were to be injured, we might see more Gabe Davis but also more Beasley and more McKenzie.  If (Avert) Diggs were to be injured, I suspect we'd see more Davis rather than Kumerow.  But that's just a guess.

We'll see tomorrow

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.