Tagovailoa Blows Up Sunday?

Dr. K

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tbh I still think the best case scenario is that he looks good in a loss and the fish start to think that just need to build around him to really compete with the Bills and let go of the Watson *****. 

Yeah, he was one of those I always considered a true "needs to sit and learn for a while" type of QBs. Even if he wasn't dealing with the injury, I had same opinion. Since he was injured though and was healing I would think that would especially make one want to sit him even more. At very least 1 year or 2. He clearly wasn't ready when put out there

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Ha Ha. 

Good, of course. I hope that none of the Bills' players are as arrogant as some fans. I know that McDermott fights to keep that to a minimum.

So people that disagree with you are arrogant? There is no evidence to suggest that Tua is about to “blow up” against the Bills and plenty of evidence to suggest just the opposite.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd be a little concerned if he had his full arsenal at WR playing

He won’t have his full arsenal…Will Fuller is out.  Devante Parker might play but is pretty banged up

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

So people that disagree with you are arrogant? There is no evidence to suggest that Tua is about to “blow up” against the Bills and plenty of evidence to suggest just the opposite.  

Nope not really.  You could say the same thing about any QB the Bills are facing

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

McD recognizes that Miami and Tua have been playing much better plus it's a division game.  I don't think any of the players take any team lightly.  They know the realities of "any given Sunday."  Fans on this board like to gloat...but they don't play the game.   It was only a few years ago that we were the upstart team looking to upset the higher ranked teams.  I expect the Bills to be ready and firing on all cylinders but I also expect the Fins to do more than show up.

I expect Miami to make adjustments and play the Bills hard. 

On the other hand, I expect the Bills to be pissed off, especially their defense, and to go hard.

Dolphins last two opponents were the Jaguars and Falcons, #32 and #29 in the league in take-aways, #23 and #25 D on points.  Tua has been playing better, but he's going to be facing a different level of challenge (unless, of course, the Bills players lay an egg and expect to get a stop just by walking on the field)

The "wild card" so to speak is how the Dolphins locker room and Tua will respond to the Watson trade rumors swirling about.  Last season in Week 17 it seemed pretty clear Flores lost the team and they were heading for the bus.  Flores pressers do not come across to me like a quietly confident coach that is going to be able to lead his team to focus and go hard despite any and all distractions. 

But who knows.  It could be inspirational, "let's win one for the Tua-man" or the equivalent of when the Titans found inspiration in the whole Covid mess.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Jokes are easy. I'm sure that and disdain are most of what I'll get here. 

He has yet to prove he has that capacity, so yeah, you are gonna get a bit of pushback, any given Sunday and all, but the odds are decidedly against your scenario coming to fruition.

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I fully expect the Bills to destroy Miami. 

Tua breaking out with a big game on the road in Buffalo after being crumpled and shutout at home is highly unlikely. His 2 decent games since recovering from said crumpling were against two of the worst defenses in the league. The Bills at home after a bye will be a Halloween nightmare for him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Well not to be an ass, but did you honestly think many would have a serious discussion about this lol? When I 1st saw thread title I was 100% sure it was one of those sarcastic or joke type threads.

Maybe if your wording was a little different? I don't know about you, but when I read something that says..."Tua blowing up" at any time or any game, much less against Bills Sunday...I immediately think, "this is likely going to have some funny stuff in this thread".

Maybe if you had said..."Tua could possibly look a little better this Sunday against the Bills than before" then could have worked, but basically implying Tua could light it up picking Bills apart is something a large majority won't take serious lol. 

Edit: Also even less likely Tua "blows up Sunday" with Bills coming off bye and ready to knock souls apart from bodies coming off that last few seconds tough loss. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Idk...but I was informed by a Fins fan today at the gas station that "Tua was gona burn Bills up this time" and that "Tua was starting to feel it and heat up". But then he followed with "Fins gona finish 11-6" So never know I guess

Was he there filling up or just breathing in fumes?

• Haha (+1) 1

OP, nothing about this matchup indicates a “get right” game is in the works for Tua against the Bills—playing better against the Jags/Falcons is hardly enough to stack against all of the divisions and distractions afflicting the Fins and their regime right now. His own HC won’t deny the Watson grist mill, that basically tells you everything you need to know. Oh, and the Bills are primed to put Tennessee behind them in a statement kind of way of their own...

I don't get this Tua is looking better stuff either.  It was the Jags and the Falcons.  The Jags are the team that bad teams beat.  Miami still lost.  Tua lead his team to 20 points.  A Tyrod Taylor lead Texans scored 37 points against the Jags and won.  Then he ALMOST beat the Falcons whose only wins came against the Giants and the Jets.  What are people thinking?  Like I get the media is this way when its not Josh Allen but a Bills message board?

Come on man.  I cant wait until Jets week to hear this same type of crap too.  I expect this for NE because Belichick took a crap on us for like two decades. At least they aren't dumpster fires like Miami and the Jets though.

This post isn't really directed at you Dr K.  Just all this Tua and Miami nonsense I have been hearing for the last three years.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. K said:

You deserve it.     Tua has been absolute dog💩 vs the Bills for his career. 

If he never played the Bills, people probably wouldn’t question if he deserves to start like they do. 

Where and how did you come up with this ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.