Desean Jackson Requests Trade

aristocrat

Just to remind everyone. This is a player who posted "Hitler was right." What I love about the Buffalo Bills is how we have always been a team driven by character. Yes we had a brief window with a different type of coach, but for the most part that is the teams DNA going back to Marv Levy. I get DJ apologized subsequently, but I wonder if this is the type of man we want on our team. I don't. But I am just a fan. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Just another prima, selfish, over paid guy who doesn't understand how fortunate he is to have athletic ability. 

You mean a prima, selfish, overpaid guy who's about to do some time in the slammer.

Great QB though!

• Sad 1

He'd get traded to the Detroit Lions and probably be a-ok with it because he'd be WR1 with the Lions.  

It's actually not that insane of an idea.  It's like TO to the Bills.  Sounds and looks crazy but they'd give him the work.  

He's a 1-trick pony, and he's not even elite at that trick anymore. His last good year was 2014, we don't need a past-his-prime undersized speedster who's lost a step.

Even if he was released & cost the minimum, and had no baggage, I don't see Beane even giving this a second thought.

He should have thought twice before putting his John Hancock on the contract.  He was never going to be one of their top 2 WR's, and probably wasn't even guaranteed a roster spot.  Got beat out by Van Jefferson for the #3 spot, and now wants out.  Good luck finding any takers for this over the hill tool...even for a 7th round pick.

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Way to be a team guy.  At the end of his career, you would think he’d be happy with his role, and a chance to be on a SB  team.  Nope…just want the ball. 👎

He has 2 huge receptions that is like 25% of his yards. But I think he has had some catches called back and/or misfired. I thought he was having an OK season given his age and his role. Feels like he is going to have games where he is either a major player or non-existent depending on match ups/opponents. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 6-700 yard season with 3-5TD's, which would be a great year for a guy at 34 on the backside of his career. 

And to top it all off, he is on a SB contender....

Weird. 

Edited by Mango

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So let me make sure I'm getting this right - the guy wants to be traded away from a Super Bowl contending team?!?!  Sounds like a great guy to have on your team

Not just that.........it's his hometown..........as people may recall he was accused of flashing Crips signs during games.........and as we know most Rams fans are white and identify as Bloods.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.