OJ in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I guess if he was going to show his face in any city, Buffalo would be the one. It’s the only city in America that might even mildly appreciate him.. Must be tough for him to go around looking like O.J. Simpson.

“OJ slashes through the line, cuts left, cuts right…keeps cutting….can someone please stop him?!!!”

I don’t think he has as hard of time as you believe.   

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I paid attention to what was being said in the German media, for consumption by the German people.  People there were shocked and humiliated at what Hitler turned their cultured, well-educated, tolerant society into, and they swore they would never again follow that path.  

Hitler was malevolence personified, but he couldn’t function without willing followers.  And lot of followers at that. I hope the German people look at Hitler, but also consider their countrymen and women  and why they bought what Hitler was selling at that time.  To pin all that evil on Hitler alone is dangerous because it ignores the evil that could be living next door.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, billykay said:

What the heck is the "son theory" ? Do you also believe that the California fires were all started by jewish lasers from space ? Geez

An investigator is convinced the son did it.  

I thought this was brain-full-of-batpoop stuff too.  But the case for the son is interesting and not entirely without merit. 

Or, as Dan Rather says, the son theory deserves "careful consideration."  

OIP.HvpjMfbjb_Z6J9RXHHTFvgE4GG?pid=ImgDe

Edited by hondo in seattle

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

oboi I think the reactions would be very predictable and my guess is 50-50 Cheers to Boos......if he went to the game would they pub it on TV? I wonder.......

We won't have to worry about that because OJ would never be acknowledged over the PA or on the Jumbotron, before, during, or after the game...unless he hopped onto the field and started running around like a crazed man, 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I thought this was brain-full-of-batpoop stuff too.  But the case for the son is interesting and not entirely without merit. 

I don’t remember the details, but I do remember the case presented was compelling enough for me to admit the obvious: I wasn’t there, I didn’t see it, so I can’t know for sure. What I suspect is something very different from what I know. 

The cookie theft in prison, however, I think that was pretty sure! 

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

There is no doubt that OJ was fan friendly, but I am confident in my description that it went far beyond that. When I said that he would preen around the lobby that’s exactly what I meant. Just like a peacock with his feathers out. And if no one was noticing him he would talk louder and do everything that he could to turn the attention towards himself.

Mind you, this was after the first trial and at least 50% of the people who recognized him put their nose in the air and walked straight past him. More than a few stopped to give him a piece of their mind over what they thought he had done.

As I mentioned, I’ve had the opportunity to meet and engage with countless celebrities. OJ stands in a class by himself as one who needed the adoration of his fans.

Great story.  It’s just amazing how some things are larger than life and you could never imagine realistically meeting Oj AFTER that trial etc.   It just goes to show what a small world it is sometimes.   Being in medicine , in family practice , urgent care ,  and a bunch of other things in 35 years of practice in Jax beach after growing up in the sticks of ohio, close to Steubenville ( not far. From Pittsburgh , but a coal mining , steel industry area once voted the most polluted city in the US, It is the hometown of Dean Martin tho! ) ) , turned out to be so surreal at times.   I literally graduated from a consolidated HS with a graduating class of about 90  ( two prior HS classes combined as I was bussed an hour each way just cuz there were no people in the area !)   Because Jax is a beach area the one main urgent care I was stationed at was about  a min from the ocean.. So even tho Jax is not a hot spot , I still saw la fair amount  of “celebrities “ come in. With jelly fish stings and fish hooks in them, lacerations etc. 

The Sb that was in Jax (35?) with the chiefs / eagles  was one last thing I will remember about memorabilia and even some Bills things surrounding it.  The Nike PR person came in with a sore throat the Thursday before the game. While treating her she was very kind and asked if I was going to the game. I wasn’t but she was so nice she came back the next day with 4 boxed, gold medallions ( these things were heavy, in boxes made of football leather and with the SB logo engraved on them. They were impressive And were tickets to the Nike pre super bowl party)   Nike  rented out a whole hotel called the Casa Marina right on Jax beach for their party  So I took 3 guys from the clinic with me whom I really enjoyed working with, to enjoy a football party  before that SB! Free food, free bar, and they had a tent with heaters over the courtyard and down to the beach front.  That night we got to casually meet guys like Andy Reid ( super nice , big dude!) Warrick Dunn ( nicest football player I have ever met and smaller than I was and I’m 5’9”)., and a slew of other guys and their Entourages just enjoying the party.  The reason I mention it is because of how unbelievable it was to just be mingling with people way out of my social league, and two guys  struck me as head turners because they had large groups of people hanging around  them;  Jerry Rice, and Jim Kelly !  Both were surrounded by women and body guards!  Unlike Reid who was alone and easily approachable , there was no way any unfamiliar person was ever getting close to those two You mention OJ making sure his presence was known, well, I saw lots of examples of that over the years and I am sure some of the players could compete with him for attention grabbing ( tho not for the same sociopathic reasons ) . James lofton was there but also very approachable.  This was A time before Jim had any health issues and I think he has changed quite a bit since that time and God bless him for it.  It was a great night but the worst thing was Nike kept the dog gone Gold medallions and all we got to keep was the boxes they came in.!   Would have loved to keep those but I guess Nike drew a line in the sand concerning the medallions!    
😀
I can only imagine what types of experiences you must have had over the years in your hotel you described !   I bet it was / has been an amazing experience in people watching and behavior ,  and I wonder if you ever dreamed growing up ( not knowing your background) you would ever be around  people like OJ etc!?   World famous guy for both good and terrible reasons , but still , funny how life can be so unpredictable!  It would be great sitting and having a drink while listening to some of your experiences !  Great story, and it’s amazing how we both probably were fans of his only to see how crazy his “ story”  became and it had to be very weird to see him in that light in your hotel!  Some people are better in person than you might ever expect , and then there’s that other group that don’t quite live up the image they portray. Have a great Halloween and hope the Bills squish the fish! 😊🍸 Thx for sharing that ! 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, frogger said:

One of my fondest Bills memories was shaking his hand, I was a kid & this was in the 80’s…but I remember his hands were huge.

Kinda reminds me fairly recently I met Thurman at one of his events. I shook his hand and immediately I noticed was how big his hands are. Like a big hand with Camilia sausages as fingers. What was funny was in mid handshake, Kelly along with others joined in the conversation. Thurman started talking back to him and the whole time I am awkwardly holding hands with Thurman listening to the conversation like Ok how long is he going to keep my hand hostage lol. 

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

Hitler was malevolence personified, but he couldn’t function without willing followers.  And lot of followers at that. I hope the German people look at Hitler, but also consider their countrymen and women  and why they bought what Hitler was selling at that time.  To pin all that evil on Hitler alone is dangerous because it ignores the evil that could be living next door.

I decided to open this thread on the last page and read a random post.  This board never disappoints.  

• Haha (+1) 7

20 hours ago, BTB said:

If you crossed paths with OJ while he is in Buffalo, would you…

A - take a photo with him

B - ask for his autograph 

C - shake his hand

D - give him the finger and say “hello murderer”

E - ignore him and keep going

I'd ask for my knife back. Last time I loan anything to him

On 10/28/2021 at 9:36 PM, ToGoGo said:

I'll throw it out there: I would shake his hand if I saw him. 

I don't think he did it. Over the years the "son theory" makes way more sense. If true, it would make him a better person and father than practically anybody you could ever meet. 

image.png.99979666e66c4def4e702ff396e1e31e.png

16 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

An Investigator came up with far-fetched theories to make himself some dough.

Don't confuse that with the Investigator really believing OJ wasn't guilty.

• Disagree 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:23 PM, purple haze said:

Clearly an active member with the church...Nobody ever talks about the good things Hitler did 

image.png.94027c75cbb304cc8003cb0ae19b0136.png

Sarcasm off

On 10/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Um, nope. He might not tour but he's still alive.

Saw him in a club in DC at the Wax Museum about 30 years ago, and he walked real slow to the piano but once he was there he was a freaking hurricane. In my all-time top ten concerts.

You are correct. He's 86 now. Mea culpa.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:36 PM, ToGoGo said:

I'll throw it out there: I would shake his hand if I saw him. 

I don't think he did it. Over the years the "son theory" makes way more sense. If true, it would make him a better person and father than practically anybody you could ever meet. 

motive, evidence, dna, and he happened to cut his hand "on a glass" he broke the exact same night of the brutal knife fight.   Those arent long odds at all....

And he tried to run because thats what all innocent people do, duh.

Yeah, the kid did it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.