OJ in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

If you crossed paths with OJ while he is in Buffalo, would you…

A - take a photo with him

B - ask for his autograph 

C - shake his hand

D - give him the finger and say “hello murderer”

E - ignore him and keep going

Already done C back in the 70’s :worthy: and not into autographs, but a picture would be cool.

12 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I'll throw it out there: I would shake his hand if I saw him. 

I don't think he did it. Over the years the "son theory" makes way more sense. If true, it would make him a better person and father than practically anybody you could ever meet. 

that was the mare of easttown dude 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Some years ago, after the trial of the century, but before the trial about the sports paraphernalia that put him in prison, OJ spent a full week at my Hilton hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Now, many celebrities have been guests of my property. Most like to wear a hat and sunglasses, keep a low profile, and keep moving so that they are not accosted by fans.

OJ, on the other hand, got up every morning and held court in our hotel lobby bar. He would start by preening around the lobby, making sure that anyone who cared knew that he had arrived. He then would offer up stories of his playing career while he signed autographs for anyone who wanted them. If people had nothing handy for him to sign he would sign on a cocktail napkin or a drink coaster.

Of all of the celebrities I have had the chance to meet and observe no one needed the adoration and attention more than OJ.

As an aside, at that time he also had a girlfriend from Lockport who was constantly at his side. She looked like an older, rundown version of Nicole. It was all very surreal.

Same here Chevy. I managed at a popular hotel in downtown Buffalo during the SB years when OJ stayed there. He was at the bar drinking Bloody Mary’s. I sat and reminisced with him about his playing days and how me and my friends used to watch him and Reggie McKenzie get their haircuts at local barbershop in inner city. He was very cordial. He used a cane to get around, no woman

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Some years ago, after the trial of the century, but before the trial about the sports paraphernalia that put him in prison, OJ spent a full week at my Hilton hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Now, many celebrities have been guests of my property. Most like to wear a hat and sunglasses, keep a low profile, and keep moving so that they are not accosted by fans.

OJ, on the other hand, got up every morning and held court in our hotel lobby bar. He would start by preening around the lobby, making sure that anyone who cared knew that he had arrived. He then would offer up stories of his playing career while he signed autographs for anyone who wanted them. If people had nothing handy for him to sign he would sign on a cocktail napkin or a drink coaster.

Of all of the celebrities I have had the chance to meet and observe no one needed the adoration and attention more than OJ.

As an aside, at that time he also had a girlfriend from Lockport who was constantly at his side. She looked like an older, rundown version of Nicole. It was all very surreal.

I'm no OJ fan but I think your portrayal of him could be be viewed two ways.   Yes he could have been viewed as you have as a narcissist but his actions could be taken as fan friendly.  I know I would have been excited to meet him in those days and if he posed for photos, told stories about his career and signed autographs I would thrilled!  I would have described him as "fan friendly" and a great guy for giving up his time to hang out with Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Hopefully he’s going to the game Sunday 

oboi I think the reactions would be very predictable and my guess is 50-50 Cheers to Boos......if he went to the game would they pub it on TV? I wonder.......

23 minutes ago, HT02 said:

I'm no OJ fan but I think your portrayal of him could be be viewed two ways.   Yes he could have been viewed as you have as a narcissist but his actions could be taken as fan friendly.  I know I would have been excited to meet him in those days and if he posed for photos, told stories about his career and signed autographs I would thrilled!  I would have described him as "fan friendly" and a great guy for giving up his time to hang out with Bills fans.

There is no doubt that OJ was fan friendly, but I am confident in my description that it went far beyond that. When I said that he would preen around the lobby that’s exactly what I meant. Just like a peacock with his feathers out. And if no one was noticing him he would talk louder and do everything that he could to turn the attention towards himself.

Mind you, this was after the first trial and at least 50% of the people who recognized him put their nose in the air and walked straight past him. More than a few stopped to give him a piece of their mind over what they thought he had done.

As I mentioned, I’ve had the opportunity to meet and engage with countless celebrities. OJ stands in a class by himself as one who needed the adoration of his fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After all the bad stuff etc that's tainted his name and regardless how many feel about him an all....I bet those that are, "disgusted" (guess that word works) with him and whatnot,but those that feel that way and if the opportunity presented itself to get his autograph they still would jump at the chance lol

20 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

There is no doubt that OJ was fan friendly, but I am confident in my description that it went far beyond that. When I said that he would preen around the lobby that’s exactly what I meant. Just like a peacock with his feathers out. And if no one was noticing him he would talk louder and do everything that he could to turn the attention towards himself.

Mind you, this was after the first trial and at least 50% of the people who recognized him put their nose in the air and walked straight past him. More than a few stopped to give him a piece of their mind over what they thought he had done.

As I mentioned, I’ve had the opportunity to meet and engage with countless celebrities. OJ stands in a class by himself as one who needed the adoration of his fans.

OJ might be the GOAT when it comes to being Narcissistic....The 30 for 30 series they did on him really portrayed that side of him.

When people stopped to give him a piece of their mind over that how did he respond to them?  I am genuinely curious to know 

13 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Are we also going to take down Ray Lewis? Or did the media not brainwash you enough regarding Lewis to get emotional about it? 

picking a weird hill to die on but ok?

and yes, eff ray lewis as well. i dunno many that think hes a good dude, outside of shows that hes been on, who have a pretty obvious incentive to ignore his past

15 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has unique experiences, a unique background, and a unique set of personality traits/flaws that combine with circumstances to produce events.

a double homicide is not a simple “mistake” like forgetting to turn on your blinkers when turning right. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.