OJ in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

I think he probably did commit those murders, but for my money he was the best player the Bills ever had.  Better than Bruce, better than Kelly. People too young to have seen him play might not understand, but he was an amazing running back.  Still the only player to get 2000 yards in 14 games.

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Somebody tell him I got this memorabilia fair and square. 

True story, I won, bought a signed OJ JERSEY  at super bowl 27 in Pasadena which was BEFORE the murders. I was in a bar watching the news one night after work as the bronco was headed down the road.  I had the signed jersey , a football , and a helmet all signed by the 90’s Bills teams in specially built cabinets in my medical office ( my office, not the waiting room ).  Might be karma, but I was hit with a couple of kidney stones , was out if work a bit and someone stole the oj Jersey!  No break in occurred and it was ‘92 I believe, so I didn’t have cameras all over the inside.  Still pisses me off just cuz he WAS A great back , and It was a unique piece of memorabilia from a super bowl trip that otherwise was a tough game to be at.  Crazy but true story.  

So SB 27 was crazy for me. Mean Joe Green asked my then GF for her autograph on the flight from Atlanta out because he was reading a mag with Hillary on the cover and nfl Gf looked much like her !  Then I got the stuff at the auction. I still have 3 uncut skybox card (90 cards to a sheet ,) printed right there at the super bowl experience before the game. One sheet has Fina as a rookie plus , Kelly , Thurman, Bruce, metzalars, Bennett, and Tasker all on the same sheet which was a limited 20 k printing and it’s in mint condition. ( btw, I have had a serious neck injury recently and now looking to pass that on to a bills fan to add to their collection. Would love to get it to Fina  since he was a rookie if anyone knows how to get in touch. ) Have two other sheets , one with all the cowboys stars on it. Michael Jackson performed  at half time to start the trend of huge half time shows.  My seats were on the goal line and despite the game, that was the ENDZONE  Beebe ran down Leon lett and stripped the ball. I was across the field but right on the goaline line about 20 rows up , so had a good view of the play.  Didn’t mean a lot at the time ,but it’s now one of my fav Bills memories.  Finally , on the plane ride home there was a pleasant middle age couple sitting behind me and they were very happy and had SB victory cowboy gear on. Began talking to them and turns out they were Kelvin Martins parents ( k- mart , WR for Dallas) who were from Jacksonville !  They actually became patients of mine in my family practice office after that experience!  

Sorry if it seems like a LAMP post, but not intended that way. It was just crazy how I loved Oj as a young fan , won his signed jersey at an official NFL auction at SB 27, only months later to see him as a wife beating, criminal who I think most agree should still be in prison for obvious reasons! All the stuff I wrote is true and it’s hard to believe it all happened around my love for  that Bills team and time as a fan since being a kid in ‘63 when I first rooted for the Bills against the Jets just to have fun with my father who was a huge Jets fan for some reason ( Namath perhaps?).  If you ever get a chance to go to a SB with the Bills. , DO IT IF YOU CAN!  Prices have gotten crazy. I went to SB 27& 28 in Atlanta , but the cost then was about 10k $ for two including flight, hotel, pre game parties , game tickets with transportation!  I don’t think you can get anything near that now , but if money is ever not an issue, from an old guy (64) now , I still remember those games and things like it was yesterday, and now faced with possibly a career ending neck issue, those memories are truly priceless!  Still hope to be alive to see us actually win one , but if they get back there guys, if it’s at all possible , find a way to be there !  😀👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

OJ is still alive, I thought he was dead, 

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I think he probably did commit those murders, but for my money he was the best player the Bills ever had.  Better than Bruce, better than Kelly. People too young to have seen him play might not understand, but he was an amazing running back.  Still the only player to get 2000 yards in 14 games.

For my money, the greatest RB of all time.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I'll throw it out there: I would shake his hand if I saw him. 

I don't think he did it. Over the years the "son theory" makes way more sense. If true, it would make him a better person and father than practically anybody you could ever meet. 

What is the "son theory"? You know in terms of detail.... I get the theory is "the son did it" but based on what?

EDIT: and not a snark by the way I am genuinely interested. I have heard it referred to multiple times but never heard the actual detail. 

Edited by GunnerBill

SNARKFEST.....this thread though!

lol

OJ is on the wall he belongs please keep him up there otherwise I never want to see or hear his name again in my life

signed Muppy.  Im bitter about OJ actually its his fault his atty kardashian birthed all those high class celebs lol pulleeaassee..they can stay off my screen too! Except for Kim. She does altruistic work

GO BILLS

PS: OJ who....? haha

m

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has unique experiences, a unique background, and a unique set of personality traits/flaws that combine with circumstances to produce events.

Do you say that for every criminal?  Most crimes are not mistakes.  And criminals should not garner anyone’s pity.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Why does he upset Bills fans so much? 

I got a line but out of decency and respect I won't use it.

9 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The new Bronco's are in early this year!

Tey have been delayed ....by the lack of chips.

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

He was the best in Bills history, IMO.

But some Germans will argue that Hitler was the best leader their country ever had.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Bruce had a longer career and that's why he gets my nod but OJ is definitely second by a long margin. 

Agreed about Bruce. We could probably even put Kelly, Thurman and Reed above OJ because if their long careers.

But for a 5 year period, OJ dominated the NFL. Defenses KNEW he was getting the ball and couldn't stop him.

If John Rauch used him correctly in his early years, I have no doubt OJ Simpson would be looked upon as the best RB in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.