Bills backers in NYC

oldmanfan

Taking the family to NYC over Thanksgiving to do a couple bucket list items for my wife:  Macy’s Parade and Rockettes Christmas show.  But I need recommendations for a good Bills Backer’s bar for the Thanksgiving night game.  What are my choices and where do you recommend?

I’ll eagerly await recommendations on Bills bars as the wife will start traveling back to NYC on a regular basis soon. I’ll join her when possible, but not if it means missing our Bills play! . 

She’s also looking for ideas on the best Broadway shows to see, so I’m open too that too. (Sorry, not trying to derail things.) We saw To Kill a Mockingbird right before Covid and loved it! Then the world was turned upside down. We named our puppy Scout. 

My sisters did the Macy’s day thing with their families and loved it, despite crazy winds that year. We tried to do the Rockettes right after 9/11, but I drew the short straw and wound up staying with the younger son in the hotel as he puked his brains out. Good times! 

Let us know, people! Where do you have a great experience watching a Bills game in NYC??? 

EDIT: We also saw a Christmas Carol at Madison Square Garden and that was a very memorable experience. Worth looking into @oldmanfan. Just an idea. 

Edited by Augie

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll eagerly await recommendations on Bills bars as the wife will start traveling back to NYC on a regular basis soon. I’ll join her when possible, but not if it means missing our Bills play! . 

She’s also looking for ideas on the best Broadway shows to see, so I’m open too that too. (Sorry, not trying to derail things.) We saw To Kill a Mockingbird right before Covid and loved it! Then the world was turned upside down. We named our puppy Scout. 

My sisters did the Macy’s day thing with their families and loved it, despite crazy winds that year. We tried to do the Rockettes right after 9/11, but I drew the short straw and wound up staying with the younger son in the hotel as he puked his brains out. Good times! 

Let us know, people! Where do you have a great experience watching a Bills game in NYC??? 

EDIT: We also saw a Christmas Carol at Madison Square Garden and that was a very memorable experience. Worth looking into @oldmanfan. Just an idea. 

My one daughter is a musical theater performer based in Orlando and my other is a music therapy major that does shows as well.  I’ll ask them about shows, but for sure Wicked is great!  Also Tina if you like Tina Turner; one of my older daughter’s classmates is in the cast.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Taking the family to NYC over Thanksgiving to do a couple bucket list items for my wife:  Macy’s Parade and Rockettes Christmas show.  But I need recommendations for a good Bills Backer’s bar for the Thanksgiving night game.  What are my choices and where do you recommend?

There used t o be a section on this website with that infor....past days anyhow.  Don't know now.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

McFadden's was always the major NYC Bills Backers Bar but as I was typing this out it hit me that I feel like it might have closed??  I'm sure somebody on here will know what the deal is

I remember when McFadden's first opened as a Bills bar. They had an absurd deal - all you can eat wings and all you can drink pitchers for $20 during the whole game. Feeling gross just thinking about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I remember when McFadden's first opened as a Bills bar. They had an absurd deal - all you can eat wings and all you can drink pitchers for $20 during the whole game. Feeling gross just thinking about it.

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Was at McFaddens for a game 2 years ago, definitely all Bills, all day.   Good spot.   

Ooops, just checked, McFaddens is closed permanently.    

I always wanted to catch a Bills game at McFadden's but was never in NYC during the season

From the  NYCBB group   

Penn 6 was the obvious choice, and we’re excited to announce it as the new home of the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers! I’m also humored that we’ve been near Grand Central Terminal all these years, now we’re near Penn Station. The good news with that is the bar is located in a prime location for the Bills/Jets game at the Meadowlands this season (more to come on that).

Below are ALL the details for specials, RSVPs, table minimums, menu items (some special new ones in there!) and the overall process. Please give it all a read, this is all based on the last two years of learning through both normal and COVID times.

We’ll send out additional emails on pre-season, tailgates, the PUNT Fundraiser and other happenings but wanted to get this communication out to you first so you could start planning your season out.

In the meantime, be safe, and we’re looking forward to seeing you all for what I truly know is going to be a memorable season. We’ll be in touch soon!

Here is all of the info for drink specials, menu, reservations, table requirements, etc.:
https://nycbbb.com/features/drink-specials-times/

GO BILLS!!!

Matt “Talkin’ Proud and this is our year!” Kabel

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Luvbills said:

From the  NYCBB group   

Penn 6 was the obvious choice, and we’re excited to announce it as the new home of the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers! I’m also humored that we’ve been near Grand Central Terminal all these years, now we’re near Penn Station. The good news with that is the bar is located in a prime location for the Bills/Jets game at the Meadowlands this season (more to come on that).

Below are ALL the details for specials, RSVPs, table minimums, menu items (some special new ones in there!) and the overall process. Please give it all a read, this is all based on the last two years of learning through both normal and COVID times.

We’ll send out additional emails on pre-season, tailgates, the PUNT Fundraiser and other happenings but wanted to get this communication out to you first so you could start planning your season out.

In the meantime, be safe, and we’re looking forward to seeing you all for what I truly know is going to be a memorable season. We’ll be in touch soon!

Here is all of the info for drink specials, menu, reservations, table requirements, etc.:
https://nycbbb.com/features/drink-specials-times/

GO BILLS!!!

Matt “Talkin’ Proud and this is our year!” Kabel

Agreed, its the best run Bill Backers if all.  Matt and team do a great job.  Although I must say, I miss McFadden's 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Public House is the new(ish) big Bills bar. It's right by Grand Central. Kellys on lower east side is great too, but much smller and not centrally located

Kelly’s was my go-to for years when I lived in the city. Buckets of Blue, shout song played after every scoring drive, and an overall fun-but-easy going atmosphere.  It’s in a fairly accessible part of the LES, though, so not a terrible train ride from midtown. McFaddens is where we would go if we wanted to get absolutely hammered drunk for $30 and had already taken work off the next day. Some great memories there.. I think. RIP. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Oh! And how could I forget Fulton Ale House!?  It’s in Brooklyn, but totally worth the cab ride if you want a great game experience. Owners originally from WNY, great beer selection, and an outdoor space that typically has someone grilling etc. - just remembered how much I miss that place! 

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I always wanted to catch a Bills game at McFadden's but was never in NYC during the season

This news bums me out. The Bills club for McFaddens was a goldmine. The Line to get in was massively long and if not early enough forget about getting in before kickoff. In line we met a couple from newfane and we had mutual friends. Gotta love WNY. I mean Newfane is pretty teeny just sayin'... in any case once in the door it was a pay one cover and get wings and beer unlimited. HOLY COW. We had so much fun!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.