10/28 Thursday Night Football: Packers (6-1) at Cardinals (7-0)

Hapless Bills Fan

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t understand the point of this post….

I know this may be a strange concept for you but it's this thing we call "fun".

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hope that's not a Jinx

He's survived the Jinx once every game when we get into the redzone for the last couple years.

• Agree 1

I don't care about how many commercials you're in or how you're perceived. Mighty Mouse came back to earth a little last night but he'll be around. Just not as long as Josh. I'm looking at the long game here. Lamar and Kyler might run around for the next 3-4 years but I think their longevity will compare to Michael Vick. Give me 17 every day and twice on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't care about how many commercials you're in or how you're perceived. Mighty Mouse came back to earth a little last night but he'll be around. Just not as long as Josh. I'm looking at the long game here. Lamar and Kyler might run around for the next 3-4 years but I think their longevity will compare to Michael Vick. Give me 17 every day and twice on Sunday. 

I think Murray lasts longer than Lamar, tbh.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I mentioned this last week but my expectation is always going to be that Kyler Murray will eventually get a leg injury at some point every season.........and when he does his play will fall off because he has a big disadvantage when limited to the pocket.

We saw it last year.........they beat the Bills and were gaining momentum and the talk of the league briefly........and then he suffers an ankle sprain and their season went down the drain.   As elusive as he is,  he doesn't seem to have that Doug Flutie spatial awareness for never, ever taking a big hit.    And sure enough,  he sprained his ankle last night.  Maybe that won't be "the one" that diminishes his play this season,  but it's not a good sign for Arizona.   Without full mobility he's not exceptional.

If he stays healthy.......man they are primed on offense.........I just don't expect that to be the case over a very long season.

7 hours ago, teef said:

Oh stop it.  You were one of the ones trying to tell us bills fans are jealous of Lamar too.  All fans do this. It’s not specific to the bills. 

Not to steel @Warcodered's line but.......I mean, not ALL NFL fans are jealous of players like Lamar and Kyler for the recognition they get from advertisers.

I highly doubt fans of the Packers and Chiefs or Bucs,  whose QB's represent big companies in commercials.......care nearly as much about recognition given to next tier product shills like Kyler and Lamar as jealous Bills fans do.

Not that the 1 second cameo in the Buffalo Wild Wings for Josh was nothing........but it almost is.

Gross overreaction to perceived slights is literally what birthed "Bills Mafia"............recognition is more important to Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not to steel @Warcodered's line but.......I mean, not ALL NFL fans are jealous of players like Lamar and Kyler for the recognition they get from advertisers.

I highly doubt fans of the Packers and Chiefs or Bucs,  whose QB's represent big companies in commercials.......care nearly as much about recognition given to next tier product shills like Kyler and Lamar as jealous Bills fans do.

Not that the 1 second cameo in the Buffalo Wild Wings for Josh was nothing........but it almost is.

Gross overreaction to perceived slights is literally what birthed "Bills Mafia"............recognition is more important to Bills fans.

I did not know I said that so often, used the search function....I might have a problem.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This fan base embraced Rex Ryan’s retirement tour because “he’s going to make us relevant.”

Buffalonians, just admit your a small rust belt town with a chip on your shoulder. It’s okay.

19 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

He’s the opponent, the enemy, etc etc, I’m old school, and that means when those guys are in uniform you’re supposed to dislike them intensely, it absolutely does not matter that he’s a good guy off the field, it’s all about rivalry, in a gladiator sport, this everyone is our friend crap doesn’t fly on game day,  hope that helps, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

I respect your perspective.

Bills Forever!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You even got a thumbs up from @ScottLaw!  Nicely done.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:51 AM, teef said:

Oh stop it.  You were one of the ones trying to tell us bills fans are jealous of Lamar too.  All fans do this. It’s not specific to the bills. 

This.  All the other talk is just silly.

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One of those things that makes you go.....Hmmmm......

I'm not one of those conspiracy guys-- never have been-- who thinks that the refs are trying to throw the game one way, or the other. It would literally be a felony, with interstate commerce implications. But... watching that game, it really did seem at times that the Packers were playing against the Cardinals and the refs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.