Pepsi-Bills Mafia Ad

Wacka

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Hmm, I would venture to guess the majority of posters here are of my generation or older. Youngins are off snapping or tiktoking or some other stupid nonsense.

Damn whippersnappers need to get off my lawn!

45 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Brother Bill!!!!

The Pinto Ron Tailgate is so freaking gross.  I was almost throwing up seeing him set up shop.  The Bills chefs look like they serve up some good tailgate food.

A few super fans were left out:

- Bills Elvis

- Bills Vader

- Bills Dad

- Mark “Dallas is going down, Gary” Miller

Without Elvis the ad was incomplete. 

Haven't seen the Pepsi ads in the supermarkets in WNY?  At the Tops by me, right by the entrance is all Pepsi  with larger than life size cutouts of Josh Allen.

What is gross about Pinto Ken's setup? He cleans it  after every game. I've had bacon and a few other thing off of it. After getting covered with ketchup and mustard, he goes in a friend's RV and showers and changes before entering the stadium. 

He's got a great memory with all the thousands of people he sees. I had last seen him in Oakland in 2012 or 2013. I next saw him at the Philly game here in 2019. I mentioned that I had last seen him in Oakland. He says"You're in biology!"  He was right.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm no fan of Pepsi or commercializing everything. But I have to admit, that was pretty awesome.

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

This whole "Bills mafia" thing needs to stop. Not a criminal organization.

Use a different definition of "mafia" because it isn't going away anytime soon. The Bills bought the rights to the name. At the moment, the best definition of "mafia" might be "Buffalo Bills fan"

6 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Hmm, I would venture to guess the majority of posters here are of my generation or older. Youngins are off snapping or tiktoking or some other stupid nonsense.

Naaaaaah, Gene. As someone who was born a few days before the Bills' final AFL championship in 1965 and who works with the younger generation, I can admit that the "Bills Mafia" thing gave me hackles at first. But take a closer look at what it does rather than its name. 

We've lived through the 0 for the seventies with the Dolphins, the optimism of the Chuck Knox era, the Kay Stephenson/Hank Bullough years, the four Super Bowls, the Pats, the drought, etc. We have nothing to apologize for.

At the same time, let these "kids" have their fun and enjoy the ride, whether or not we think "mafia" is ideal.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Gene Gene Gene Gene Gene, it’s not your lawn anymore… remember, there was a time when Elvis Presley was considered a deviant, those days are gone, think of this as an example of why you are wasting your time and energy trying to stop something that’s not gonna go away..,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Wacka said:

Haven't seen the Pepsi ads in the supermarkets in WNY?  At the Tops by me, right by the entrance is all Pepsi  with larger than life size cutouts of Josh Allen.

What is gross about Pinto Ken's setup? He cleans it  after every game. I've had bacon and a few other thing off of it. After getting covered with ketchup and mustard, he goes in a friend's RV and showers and changes before entering the stadium. 

He's got a great memory with all the thousands of people he sees. I had last seen him in Oakland in 2012 or 2013. I next saw him at the Philly game here in 2019. I mentioned that I had last seen him in Oakland. He says"You're in biology!"  He was right.

I walked to the stadium with Pinto in Minnesota a few years ago. My father-in-law was with me and he’s more of an NFL fan and not specifically a Bills fan, so I had to explain who he was. That was an awkward conversation. He didn’t really understand why he would be doused in ketchup and mustard. I think I shouldn’t have started that conversation

• Haha (+1) 1

Speaking of Bills and Bills Mafia ads, does anyone have a clip of the ESPN/NFL promo that shows the Bills Mafia outside near a bus, two Raiders fans in a living room in face paint, that bald guy dressed in black, where there is a auditoriumful of clones of him? I looked last week, but couldn't find it.

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Speaking of Bills and Bills Mafia ads, does anyone have a clip of the ESPN/NFL promo that shows the Bills Mafia outside near a bus, two Raiders fans in a living room in face paint, that bald guy dressed in black, where there is a auditoriumful of clones of him? I looked last week, but couldn't find it.

It just dawned on me why the Bills want to stay in OP. #BillsMafia has hit critical mass in the scheme of things. It went from being something the NFL didn't care for (tailgating, table diving, not spending money in the stadium) to a marketing hook. Right up there with the Dawg Pound, the Black Hole and Cheez-heads

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It just dawned on me why the Bills want to stay in OP. #BillsMafia has hit critical mass in the scheme of things. It went from being something the NFL didn't care for (tailgating, table diving, not spending money in the stadium) to a marketing hook. Right up there with the Dawg Pound, the Black Hole and Cheez-heads

agreed and that’s a great thing. I’ve never been a huge fan of the actual name, but it caught on organically and was embraced by the players and the big media outlets. Very cool.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, Gene1973 said:

No. YOU need to stop. 13 warnings in 14 months says you don’t care that you’re an ass -et.. You obviously don’t like the team or the area. Consider yourself ‘encouraged’ to find another team to support or another forum.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Matt Parrino has Entered the Chat:

yes and i thought this would happen. I love the fact that fans young and old made bills mafia a thing that’s referenced non-stop now, even if i personally don’t like the name. But i also thought that this type of stuff would happen, with clout chasers and long-time fans now bitter and arguing on twitter about who’s the bigger fan, and taking personal jabs at each other. At that point the national recognition isn’t worth it to me. i’m never “bills mafia” for that reason.

Personally I think most of the people in that video are fake AF (besides Ken) and I never heard of any of them before Josh Allen’s 2nd season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ demonize away.

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Woulda been nice if Pancho got a shout out. Can never forget about him. 

when I read about cities and their wanna be a teams "ultimate fan" because they wear a certain themed outfit and are loudmouths lol and compare those folks with the pure heart and soul that was Pancho Billa...maybe such a short a montage wouldn't have done it justice. But I agree with you 100% he belongs. He embodied pure fandom and class. Love that guy

GO BILLS

Edited by Muppy
Billa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.