With Possibility of St. Louis Exp. Team, What Other Cities Would You Consider Good Expansion Fits?

BigDingus

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Considering San Diego, I believe they tore down the Chargers old stadium and replaced it with a smaller one for San Diego State University, so a new location will be required, it would have to be outside of The city and it’s surrounding smaller cities and suburbs, the NFL left a bad attitude with many of the fans there, I know some that have stopped watching the NFL altogether…which is hardly surprising considering, 

locals voted Chargers out of SD multiple times as they even defeated two referendums that would have cost locals ZERO. All paid by tax on hotels/rental cars.

Yeh the hate for Spanos ran that deep. Meanwhile they spent easily on Padres new digs. Locals have no one to blame but themselves. Enjoy the Padres and stop complaining, that was your choice.

Oakland has best fans but bureaucrats have continuously botched pro teams since 70's. Seals, Raiders twice, Warriors, and soon the A's.

Portland is the land of unpoliced riots. I would venture cautiously there. Although Portland Riots has a good ring to it for nickname and historically connects to the city.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The OP failed to list “world cities.” The NFL will at some point try to put a team outside of the U.S. (and I do not mean Toronto).

Toronto...outside of the US and also the Centre of the Universe.

Would love to see how the league would justify plopping a new franchise 100 miles away from an existing team.  

11 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Toronto...outside of the US and also the Centre of the Universe.

Would love to see how the league would justify plopping a new franchise 100 miles away from an existing team.  

Sorta like two cities where two teams play in the same stadium?

I have pounded the table for San Antonio to have an NFL team for years. I lived in San Antonio for a few years for work. Cannot believe they only have one professional sports team. Huge city, yet lots of available land in the suburbs about 30-40 minutes from the city center. In addition, they have the Alamodome downtown that can hold a team while a new stadium is being constructed. Also only 1 hour south of Austin, so you can pick up some fans from there. I think it makes more sense than Austin as well because it’s farther away from Jerry’s world. 

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're right.  But from a NFL standpoint, that's LA's market & fan base.  

Fully aware, I mentioned Riverside/San Bernardino because most people in places like WNY can't comprehend the sheer size of Southern California.  Both in population and distance.  I know I never understood it until I moved out here many years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

43. Virginia Beach, VA - 460,000

South Eastern VA has a population of over 1 million. You have VA Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News and Williamsburg...but they would never get a team because all those towns could never reach an agreement on a stadium. Also Daniel Snyder would block it.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Sorta like two cities where two teams play in the same stadium?

57 minutes ago, BTB said:

The Eagles and Jets/Giants say hello.  The Ravens and the WFT also say hello. 

Sort of but not really...the same stadium teams and Eagles Jets/Giants are not new 21st century franchises, they are either long-established franchises or relocations.  I am also guessing that those are also two of the most population dense areas in the entire country.

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I’d Endorse

Portland.  Metro population about twice as large as Buffalo’s.  Oregon needs a team of their own.

San Diego.  Screwed by the move of the Chargers.  They deserve a team and have the population to support one.

International

Toronto and Mexico City…  the biggest cities North and South of the border. 

No Fly

Riverside/Inland Empire...  They have the Rams and the Chargers.  

Orlando…  Florida already has three teams if you count Jacksonville.

Oklahoma…  with a metro area of 1.4m, it’s too small.  (But, then again, a team there would represent the entire state). 

Austin…  It’s a growing, vibrant city but Texas already has two teams.

San Antonio…  Ditto 

Do San Diegans care about football? If I recall, they voted to oust the Chargers.

8 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Sort of but not really...the same stadium teams and Eagles Jets/Giants are not new 21st century franchises, they are either long-established franchises or relocations.  I am also guessing that those are also two of the most population dense areas in the entire country.

Again, I say Toronto has 7 Million people living within the city boundaries. There's plenty to support the Bills and a Toronto team. 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have lived in Houston for years and never herd this song, if I never hear it again I will consider myself fortunate.  Boy is that video dated right now to the cigarettes..

That version from his weeknight variety show on NBC is pretty hokey, but there's an album version that is much better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.