Warning for those trying to relocate...St Louis settlement could be in the billions of dollars

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Haha...oh they are gleefully holding those emails as a sledgehammer against anyone who would dare bad mouth them(see Gruden, Jon).

Suffice to say emails will get "leaked anonymously" as needed to that end game.

That's a dangerous game to play because if there are things in there which could be evidence in a lawsuit they'd have to give them up in discovery. That people even know they exist at this point makes it likely someone will try to find a way to sue to see them, or at least portions of them. They'd be wise to destroy every single one now that they are done with them and before anything comes down the path that would prevent them from destroying them later on.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You can never have abundance coming from a place of lack and extolling those virtues. Ngmi

Not so, greed is not a virtue, and is not a thing to aspire to. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Not so, greed is not a virtue, and is not a thing to aspire to. 

Only poor people try to make rich people out to be evil. Must make them feel better about their status they choose to maintain in life.

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you can't just add one random team. It wouldn't fit equally with the divions.

Prime number of games one the schedule, there could be a prime number of teams and end up with a funky schedule....why do that when you can add two teams and even more revenues

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Only poor people try to make rich people out to be evil. Must make them feel better about their status they choose to maintain in life.

Not so, rich people and corporations do not pay a fair rate taxes wise for the use of our nations infrastructure. If I pay forty percent so should they, their wages from dividends is taxed at a lesser rate than wage earners, so in actual effect one is punished for having a job when the two are compared. I don’t care if someone is rich, more power to them,  I do care when they don’t carry their own weight as a citizen of this country. If my wages are taxed at a given rate, theirs should be taxed on the same scale as the rest of us, no exceptions, and you know, they will still be rich, I dislike freeloaders who want others to pay their way. 

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not so, rich people and corporations do not pay a fair rate taxes wise for the use of our nations infrastructure. If I pay forty percent so should they, their wages from dividends is taxed at a lesser rate than wage earners, so in actual effect one is punished for having a job when the two are compared. I don’t care if someone is rich, more power to them,  I do care when they don’t carry their own weight as a citizen of this country. If my wages are taxed at a given rate, theirs should be taxed on the same scale as the rest of us, no exceptions, and you know, they will still be rich, I dislike freeloaders who want others to pay their way. 

Because they are smart and use the tax laws to their advantages. But their smaller percentage is many times more than you pay in dollars.

Edited by Big Turk

4 hours ago, Patience said:

I've defended clients in both arenas.  The question comes down to: what exactly is bad faith?  You need the discovery process (exchange of written documents, depositions) to bear that out.  

Well said. And the NFL (historically) does not like getting to the discovery stage.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Well said. And the NFL (historically) does not like getting to the discovery stage.

It's a bit tighter when it comes to the scope of discovery in federal court as opposed to state court (state court generally can be a free for all).  Statutory limits on interrogatories, no fishing expeditions for documents, etc.  If I'm defending, I always try to find any justification to make a removal to federal court if it's filed in state.  Just less shenanigans and stricter judges/judges' clerks.  

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because they are smart and use the tax laws to their advantages. But their smaller percentage is many times more than you pay in dollars.

If I pay in percentage so should they, their dividend wages are taxed at a lesser rate than a wage earners wages are, they should not be able to not pay taxes and still use the infrastructure that they don’t pay for, it’s called being a freeloader, Pfizer pays no taxes and the you and me of this country have to cover for them, it’s a scam, you know it, I know it, that’s why there is a movement at hand to enforce a minimum tax on these freeloaders, you may like ballwashing the rich but I’m not picking up

what you’re putting down. 

by the way Before this gets me pointed by the mods, I’m out, enjoy the Miami game, looking forward to our guys kicking their azsez!! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Say hello to the London Bridges or some such shite to balance it out. 

Talk about symmetry. 17 games per year with 17 teams in each Conference. 

The Frankfurt Universe!

or maybe the Frankfurt Kuiper Belt?

I don’t know, Universe or Kuiper Belt, something along those lines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Here's the thing, it's just like the players union and the owners negotiating about where to slice the pie. The owners known its all about the pie size, everything else is secondary, and the owners control the media so they leak stories to get public perception a certain way to exert pressure on players. Really makes you wonder what is in those emails they are so worried about coming out (guessing concussion stuff is a big concern).

But anyway, your saying how smart they are to use legal bribery to manipulate the tax system to make it so they can do a sneaky end around to change the slice of the pie when people did not agree to that...it's not smart, it's unethical, undemocratic and unfair.

It's all about the size of the slice of the pie, just like in sports leagues.

13 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

2 conferences of 17 teams, top 7 in each conference makes the playoffs, no divisions. 

You play 17 games: every team in your conference once (16 games), plus 1 crossover game= 17 games. 

Benefits:

1. No 7-9 or 8-8 team gets to the playoffs for "winning" a cupcake division over a team with a better record

2. Almost a totally balanced schedule: everyone in the conference plays the exact same schedule, aside from the crossover game. 

3. When the playoffs begin, you'll have the true top 7 teams in each conference. 

4. Interconference games would be unique, given that each team would have only 1. However, there could be 1 scheduled each week so there's always an AFC/NFC game on. 

It's not too different from now, where you only play 5 interconference games anyway. It was 4 a year ago. It could be 1. 

The numbers work perfectly for this. 

I can see how this would be a good model. However, I think tradition would kill it before it ever got traction. 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

There hasn't been a $20 ticket to an NFL game since 1970.  $20 might get you a bag of pop corn. 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

And who gets the boot? Probably the smaller market teams, right? I don't like our chances. 

On 10/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, Big Turk said:

NFL is basically screwed right now...St. Louis attorneys have evidence Jones and Kroenke colluded to convince other owners to let them move as far back as 2013 so he could build the new mega stadium in LA meaning all of the future negotiations the Rams had with the city were in bad faith and intentionally wasted tax payer dollars for upgrades, etc in  attempts to get them to stay.

If the city really has evidence of this you are 100% correct. How these guys can be dumb enough to put themselves in these situations is astounding to me.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If the city really has evidence of this you are 100% correct. How these guys can be dumb enough to put themselves in these situations is astounding to me.

They do and Kroenke and the NFL know they do which is why they are desperately trying to settle prior to going to trial and having a bunch of other unflattering stuff come out. Full damage control mode.

• Like (+1) 1

Chargers and Raiders relocated without any such worries.  Doubt this will deter future owners.  They will just have to be smarter about their public statements.

Also, if they simply award a franchise to STL, how doe that work?  Who will build them a stadium?  It won't be the city of STL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.