Warning for those trying to relocate...St Louis settlement could be in the billions of dollars

Big Turk

9 hours ago, hmsmystic said:

I don't you are correct at all- 

Here's the lowest tickets to the Cardinals game by me.  The lowest

image.thumb.png.c1984d206ff25017661225ff8181b02e.png

I’ve long said the NFL is pricing their fan base out of games.  Yeah corporate money rolls in in but it’s the average Jane / Joe that makes for a real “12th man.”   

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why not just move the Chargers to St. Louis? They might actually find some fans.

Mark Davis: "We have again moved, this time to Las Vegas."

Dean Spanos: "Here, hold my beer!"

Next time a team moves, by default they will be renamed the 'Israelites'. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 conferences of 17 teams, top 7 in each conference makes the playoffs, no divisions. 

You play 17 games: every team in your conference once (16 games), plus 1 crossover game= 17 games. 

Benefits:

1. No 7-9 or 8-8 team gets to the playoffs for "winning" a cupcake division over a team with a better record

2. Almost a totally balanced schedule: everyone in the conference plays the exact same schedule, aside from the crossover game. 

3. When the playoffs begin, you'll have the true top 7 teams in each conference. 

4. Interconference games would be unique, given that each team would have only 1. However, there could be 1 scheduled each week so there's always an AFC/NFC game on. 

It's not too different from now, where you only play 5 interconference games anyway. It was 4 a year ago. It could be 1. 

The numbers work perfectly for this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

2 conferences of 17 teams, top 7 in each conference makes the playoffs, no divisions. 

You play 17 games: every team in your conference once (16 games), plus 1 crossover game= 17 games. 

Benefits:

1. No 7-9 or 8-8 team gets to the playoffs for "winning" a cupcake division over a team with a better record

2. Almost a totally balanced schedule: everyone in the conference plays the exact same schedule, aside from the crossover game. 

3. When the playoffs begin, you'll have the true top 7 teams in each conference. 

4. Interconference games would be unique, given that each team would have only 1. However, there could be 1 scheduled each week so there's always an AFC/NFC game on. 

It's not too different from now, where you only play 5 interconference games anyway. It was 4 a year ago. It could be 1. 

The numbers work perfectly for this. 

I still don't see how New England gets a conditional draft pick out of this system. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still don't see how New England gets a conditional draft pick out of this system. 🤔

they just get an extra bye each year, to be used any week they choose! Counts as a win for them and a forfeit loss for the team they pick. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Governor said:

St. Louis has such a tiny downtown area. You can drive through it in 1 minute. I understand it’s suburbia hell and quite dangerous but that doesn’t qualify for a new team.

I would probably give Oregon a team. Put a stadium in Eugene.

It's not that small, I went to college there for 4.5 years.  But compared to huge cities, I get it.

12 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

But which teams do you get rid of, too many legacy issues.  They might axe Jax, two teams in LA is overkill.  So how do they justify new billion $ stadiums?   

13 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

All about dollars and TV revenue. Until expansion hurts that it will keep happening.

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You can't just slap a band aide and fix it that way. An extra team has to play so that's 17 more games, or at least 8.5 splitting it in half with the other teams playing them, also whatever division you stuck them in would be more difficult for all 5 teams compared to the other divisions.

This already happened. The NFL had 31 teams before they brought Cleveland back 

In 1995, owner Art Modell, who had purchased the Browns in 1961, announced plans to move the team to Baltimore. After threats of legal action from the city of Cleveland and fans, a compromise was reached in early 1996 that allowed Modell to establish the Baltimore Ravens as a new franchise while retaining the contracts of all Browns personnel. The Browns' intellectual property, including team name, logos, training facility, and history, were kept in trust and the franchise was regarded by the NFL as suspended for three seasons. While several of the then-30 existing franchises considered re-locating to Cleveland, in 1998 it was confirmed that the NFL would field 31 teams when the Browns resumed play in 1999, thus while the 1999 Browns were not technically considered to be an expansion franchise, the club's roster was re-stocked via an expansion draft.[14]

Edited by blitzboy54

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

But which teams do you get rid of, too many legacy issues.  They might axe Jax, two teams in LA is overkill.  So how do they justify new billion $ stadiums?   

What's there to justify? Communities will help pay for them because it's a source of pride and a cash cow

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What's there to justify? Communities will help pay for them because it's a source of pride and a cash cow

Justify, gee lets think, spend a few  billion for a stadium for football team owned by uber rich individuals that is used what, 10 times a year.  Source of pride, yes, "cash cow", lol.  

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Justify, gee lets think, spend a few  billion for a stadium for football team owned by uber rich individuals that is used what, 10 times a year.  Source of pride, yes, "cash cow", lol.  

For the local businesses, the number of people employed there, hotels, bars, restaurants etc...

Rich people make the rules, haven't you learned that yet? No point in complaining, work on becoming one of them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

For the local businesses, the number of people employed there, hotels, etc...

Rich people make the rules, haven't you learned that yet? No point in complaining, work on becoming one of them.

I am not complaining and maybe I am one. 

Imo the NFL "abuses" cities/municipalities , extorts them to help fund stadiums that are extremely difficult to economically justify.  I cant blame them, I would do the same thing because it works.  Yes an obvious source of pride and will help out nearby restaurant bars hotels about 10 times a year.

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am not complaining and maybe I am one. 

Imo the NFL "abuses" cities/municipalities , extorts them to help fund stadiums that are extremely difficult to economically justify.  I cant blame them, I would do the same thing because it works.  Yes an obvious source of pride and will help out nearby restaurant bars hotels about 10 times a year.

Of course they will because if you are a politician that loses an NFL team good luck running for reelection.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.