Warning for those trying to relocate...St Louis settlement could be in the billions of dollars

Big Turk

NFL attorney told the owners the ultimate number could be more than the net worth of some of them in the room...

A warning shot for any other team owners attempting to move and something every other city will be looking to emulate and threaten that team with to prevent it from happening.

NFL likely going to offer St Louis an expansion team to try and make the case go away...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-braces-billion-dollar-exposure-225444083.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can if it's going to save billions of dollars.

You can't just slap a band aide and fix it that way. An extra team has to play so that's 17 more games, or at least 8.5 splitting it in half with the other teams playing them, also whatever division you stuck them in would be more difficult for all 5 teams compared to the other divisions.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You can't just slap a band aide and fix it that way. An extra team has to play so that's 17 more games, or at least 8.5 splitting it in half with the other teams playing them, also whatever division you stuck them in would be more difficult for all 5 teams compared to the other divisions.

Say hello to the London Bridges or some such shite to balance it out. 

Talk about symmetry. 17 games per year with 17 teams in each Conference. 

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

I don't you are correct at all- 

Here's the lowest tickets to the Cardinals game by me.  The lowest

image.thumb.png.c1984d206ff25017661225ff8181b02e.png

• Sad 1

I've read that the NFL's goal is eventually to grow to 40 teams, with five in each division, continuing with four divisions in each conference.  They think there's a market for more of their product, and they're in the business of providing that product.

There was a time a couple decades ago when the league had an odd number of teams, so each team got a bye.  IIRC at that point there were no byes in the schedule, and some poor team got its bye the first week of the season (the Chargers, I think).  They could make this work with 33 teams and get expansion plans going to go to 34 and then 36 pretty quickly.

23 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The NFL needs to reduce the number of teams, not expand.  Too many bottom dwellers and a league with diluted talent.  Have you seen ticket prices for most of the games?  $20-$60 per ticket ... with only eight games a year?  Any talk of expansion is crazy.

I agree. Let's get rid of the Dolphins and Patriots to start 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Do you think if the NFL can save billions of dollars in settlements they aren't going to figure it out?? C'mon man. With as money hungry as they are they will do anything they have to to make that work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've read that the NFL's goal is eventually to grow to 40 teams, with five in each division, continuing with four divisions in each conference.  They think there's a market for more of their product, and they're in the business of providing that product.

There was a time a couple decades ago when the league had an odd number of teams, so each team got a bye.  IIRC at that point there were no byes in the schedule, and some poor team got its bye the first week of the season (the Chargers, I think).  They could make this work with 33 teams and get expansion plans going to go to 34 and then 36 pretty quickly.

That will make even more difficult for the Jets to find a decent head coach and QB

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you can't just add one random team. It wouldn't fit equally with the divions.

Yeah really....assume talks are a new expansion team and not just a certain team that moves. If a new expansion team is considered I assume if would have to be 2 teams like when Jags and Panthers were born

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Do you think if the NFL can save billions of dollars in settlements they aren't going to figure it out?? C'mon man. With as money hungry as they are they will do anything they have to to make that work.

Are you talking about a certain team that could move, like Raiders did? Or you mean a whole new expansion team?

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah really....assume talks are a new expansion team and not just a certain team that moves. If a new expansion team is considered I assume if would have to be 2 teams like when Jags and Panthers were born

Are you talking about a certain team that could move, like Raiders did? Or you mean a whole new expansion team?

No expansion team

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

hello!!  St Louis Stallions !!

NFL is basically screwed right now...St. Louis attorneys have evidence Jones and Kroenke colluded to convince other owners to let them move as far back as 2013 so he could build the new mega stadium in LA meaning all of the future negotiations the Rams had with the city were in bad faith and intentionally wasted tax payer dollars for upgrades, etc in  attempts to get them to stay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.