Current NFC Landscape brings back memories of 80's/90's dominance

FilthyBeast

Hogwash. The AFC has been better for a few years and now maybe the NFC is better this year. It will swing back to the AFC soon enough.

The AFC is packed with good, young QB's moreso than the NFC, in my opinion.

When Tom Brady retires, the Bucs will disintegrate. When Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay (maybe even to an AFC team), Green Bay won't be relevant for awhile. The landscape is constantly changing in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very strong attempt to troll. A-.

I deducted a half point because you forgot that at the beginning of the season, everyone was saying the AFC is poised to be the new dominant division. This might come as a shocker, but there are many good teams in both the NFC and AFC and whichever teams go to the Super Bowl will be good teams.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

For fans old enough to remember, the NFC had a very dominant stretch in the 80's/90's where the conference winner won 13 straight SB games from 1982 - 1997 including our very own Bills sadly being on the receiving end of four of those games in the early 90's.

And if you look at the current NFC playoff picture right now there are 5 teams with no more than one loss compared to the AFC where every top tier has 2 losses minimum including the Bills.

Yes it's early, but you really have to wonder if the NFC Championship game is essentially going to be the SB this year meaning the winner will cruise to a championship regardless of the AFC opponent who makes it there. I still think it's Brady/Bucs vs the field when the dust settles but there are some very strong teams top to bottom with AZ/LAR/DAL/GB that I'm honestly not sure the bills could beat right now.

I remember those days very clearly.  This is not the same.  The opposite is true IMO.  You have a couple of NFC teams dominating and looking all great because their competition has been mediocre at best.  If it's not TB and Brady in the SB again this year, the AFC takes it.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Hogwash. The AFC has been better for a few years and now maybe the NFC is better this year. It will swing back to the AFC soon enough.

The AFC is packed with good, young QB's moreso than the NFC, in my opinion.

When Tom Brady retires, the Bucs will disintegrate. When Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay (maybe even to an AFC team), Green Bay won't be relevant for awhile. The landscape is constantly changing in the NFL.

Yes, I see the Bucs and Packers as the top two teams. That weakens the entire comparison, because both teams have aging QB’s. They aren’t setup for sustained dominance like the 80’s 49ers, or 90’s Cowboys. 

I don't think so...

It seems like there haven't been a lot of great matchups this season. The past 2 sundays where the Bills played Monday or had a bye I was excited to spend the day watching Redzone and the games were just putrid. 

If anything, the league feels more top heavy than ever this year, and the divisions that play each other aren't making for many exciting matchups. 

Many of the good teams have cupcake schedules overall (including us, BTW). 

Edited by TheFunPolice

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.