Will lack of Tough Games hurt the Bills?

PatsFanNH

There is no such thing as an easy game. While the opposition may not all be playoff caliber they will be bringing their A game to the table to try and beat the teams that are playoff caliber. While this applies in college ball where there is a large discrepancy in talent the talent gap in the NFL is much smaller. This team overall has a great head coach and the team takes on his demeanor. This team knows where they are and where they want to be.   

23 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes we all expected the KC game be a statement game but in all honesty they are not playing well at all and probably fail make the playoffs.

True, the Chiefs are not playing well but winning a night game in KC is no small feat.  I lived in KC in the mid 90s and attended a bunch of games.  That place rocks and is incredibly loud.  Opposing teams usually don't fare well there.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills definitely have a few easy ones coming up, but there are more tough ones than people think. As much as we hate to say it, the Patriots twice are going to be tough.  They almost beat Dallas and Tampa Bay and are playing much better.  Games at Tampa Bay and New Orleans are both going to be very tough. Indy is now playing way better and are always in games right down to the end.(Remember last years playoff game?) We could easily win a lot of those games, but they are no walk in the park.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Bills definitely have a few easy ones coming up, but there are more tough ones than people think. As much as we hate to say it, the Patriots twice are going to be tough.  They almost beat Dallas and Tampa Bay and are playing much better.  Games at Tampa Bay and New Orleans are both going to be very tough. Indy is now playing way better and are always in games right down to the end.(Remember last years playoff game?) We could easily win a lot of those games, but they are no walk in the park.

Worst case I think we split with NE but still have a decent shot at sweeping them. NO could be tough but if Winston does "Winston things" then it will be an easy win as their QB situation took a big hit with no Brees. TB will be tough no doubt about that. My guess is the Bills floor/ceiling in wins  is between 11-13.

End of the day, the W-L record determines seeds in the playoffs, I’ll take 17 soft games and a top seed vs being “tested” and having to face those teams that tested us again in the first round of the playoffs.  As it stands right now, it looks like the Bills and the Titans will be fighting for the #1 seed, who’s schedule would you rather have to get that seed??

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

End of the day, the W-L record determines seeds in the playoffs, I’ll take 17 soft games and a top seed vs being “tested” and having to face those teams that tested us again in the first round of the playoffs.  As it stands right now, it looks like the Bills and the Titans will be fighting for the #1 seed, who’s schedule would you rather have to get that seed??

You can add the Bengals and Ravens into the mix for #1 seed as well.

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I didn’t because they have to beat on each other and have a much more difficult schedule ahead, but yes, they could be in the race.

Titans have a tough one this week at Indy. I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts win. Lets hope so.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Honest question for football fans.  Do you think the fact the Bills may only face 3 quality teams all year,(Yes I am considering my Pats a non quality team)  something that could hurt them come playoff time? 

What I mean is since they are facing teams they should steamroll will they be ready to win a dog fight in the playoffs against teams like Baltimore, Cinci, TN. Etc.  Yes we all expected the KC game be a statement game but in all honesty they are not playing well at all and probably fail make the playoffs.

I mean….normally the Pats might be tough…but they blow without Brady to make Bellicheck look good so….

Edited by TH3

I don't judge quality of competition until the season is over. It is very possible KC/TEN/NOLA/TB/IND and even NE could be playoff teams and what the schedule feels like now changes drastically come week 18. Either way you have the schedule you have and there are no freebees in the NFL. If they lose in the playoffs its because of a failure to execute not because of the schedule they have.

• Like (+1) 1

They had a pretty tough schedule last year and were able to deal with it.

I think this team is pretty well battle tested by now. They've had multiple run-ins with fellow AFC powerhouses. They came just short of the Superbowl last year.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

I don't know if it was mentioned already but we went 13-3 last year w/ one of the toughest schedules & won 2 playoff games so I think these guys are battle tested.

Will definitely help us get the one seed.

😌

This 100%. Was my exact thoughts also....

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/25/2021 at 6:56 AM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yes, if this were college football and they needed votes. 

But really, no. They still face KC, TEN, TB, PIT, IND, NO, & CAR. Maybe not elite QBs, but enough of a measuring stick. 

Well one concerning thing on your list of who we face...we have only played 3 of those teams, and we lost 2 of them.  Pitt (loss), KC (win), Tenn (loss).  We still have TB to face too.  

I am as big of an optimist on the Bills this year as there is, I mean I truly believe we can make and win a SB this year.  However, it is a little concerning that of the 7 teams you listed, we have played 3 of them and are 1-2 in those games.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well one concerning thing on your list of who we face...we have only played 3 of those teams, and we lost 2 of them.  Pitt (loss), KC (win), Tenn (loss).  We still have TB to face too.  

I am as big of an optimist on the Bills this year as there is, I mean I truly believe we can make and win a SB this year.  However, it is a little concerning that of the 7 teams you listed, we have played 3 of them and are 1-2 in those games.  

Eh I mean we barely lost to TEN and it’s not like PIT blew us out or is considered a bottom of the barrel team by any means.

Regardless, I think we agree then that there is enough of a challenge in our collective opponents to determine whether the Bills are a true contender. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This team is really just a disappointment because they’re not undefeated. 

9 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This team is really just a disappointment because they’re not undefeated. 

No offense, but thats an absurd response to my post.

I literally said in my post I still believe we can make and win a SB this year.  But in the post I responded to, he listed 7 games on our schedule that represent the most challenge on our season schedule this year, at least on paper.  And we have played 3 of them...we are 1-2 in those games.  

Granted we were an inch away from probably beating Tenn.  However, there were a lot of issues in that game still like our inefficiency in the Redzone, something that has plagued us this whole season, even in some of our big wins against inferior opponents.  Also our defense allowed the Titans to score on like their final 6 drives too.  

I am about as big of an optimist as there is on the Bills this year, however, our poor Redzone efficiency cost us both of our losses against Pitt and Tenn.  If that trend continues, its going to be tough to beat the Bucs.  We aren't beating them with FG's.  

And regardless to how close we were to winning the Tenn game, if thats a playoff game we go home.  There is no "next games" in the playoffs.  And with teams like the Bengals, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, and even still the Chiefs possibly in our path to the SB who an all score in bunches for the most part, continued red zone miscues could end our season on any given week come playoff time.  

I care a lot less about blow out wins against weak opponents than I do about close losses we should have have won but killed ourselves against the better teams on our schedule.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.